Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-01-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

If any of you guys listen to the Lunch Break on DallasCowboys.com Radio, Nick Eatman thinks we should draft ramonce taylor on the second day. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea.

After seeing all the things a brian westbrook, and reggie bush, and even a kevin fualk type back could do for you, I think that Ramonce could be a great addition. That is assuming we trade JJ. Ramonce could really give us a screen gave and a serious threat out of the backfield, plus some big outside runs ever now and then, and Barber can handle the inside and power runs with ease. We could probably take him in the 6th or 7th round, if not an undrafted FA. We really need that type of back IMO. Plus trading JJ would get us either higher up in the 1st round, or a 3rd round pick.

He has top 10 talent, just had some big off the field issues. And from what the scouts are saying at the Texas Vs. The Nation practices they said that Ramonce really has his head on straight now. (got this from another forum, so I don't knwo how reliable it is, but why would that be made up?)

What do you guys think? please comment on this.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
If any of you guys listen to the Lunch Break on DallasCowboys.com Radio, Nick Eatman thinks we should draft ramonce taylor on the second day. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea.

After seeing all the things a brian westbrook, and reggie bush, and even a kevin fualk type back could do for you, I think that Ramonce could be a great addition. That is assuming we trade JJ. Ramonce could really give us a screen gave and a serious threat out of the backfield, plus some bug outside runs ever now and then, and Barber can handle the inside and power runs with ease. We could probably take him in the 6th or 7th round, if not an undrafted FA. We really need that type of back IMO. Plus trading JJ would get us either higher up in the 1st round, or a 3rd round pick.

What do you guys think? please comment on this.
I would rather not trade JJ, so not to keen on this idea obviously. Why trade away a 1,000 yard back and draft a worse back? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

JJ is nothing special, Ramonce could very well be. Plus if Levi Brown is still on the board at 16, I trade our first and JJ to the Packers to move up to 16 IN A FREAKIN HEARTBEAT. Then we draft Ramonce in the 6th round or so. Even if we don't trade Julius, we could still draft Ramonce, I mean it is a 6th round pick, who cares.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JJ is nothing special, Ramonce could very well be. Plus if Levi Brown is still on the board at 16, I trade our first and JJ to the Packers to move up to 16 IN A FREAKIN HEARTBEAT. Then we draft Ramonce in the 6th round or so. Even if we don't trade Julius, we could still draft Ramonce, I mean it is a 6th round pick, who cares.
Our first AND JJ is too much, imo. I rather gain a pick(2nd RD most likely) rather than trade away our 1st AND JJ.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Flozall Adams will replace Walter Jones in the pro-bowl.

If there is any justice in the world, please Ronde Barber drop out and let Newman go.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Oh and your Ramonce Taylor guy, isn't on Scott's list. Not that its a serious problem, but when I Googled Ramonce Taylor, all I could find were stories about this kid getting arrested for posession of marijuana, 5 POUNDS of marijuana. Not very intriguing, to say the least.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Ramonce Taylor has GREAT potential. I hope we draft but I doubt we will.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Oh and your Ramonce Taylor guy, isn't on Scott's list. Not that its a serious problem, but when I Googled Ramonce Taylor, all I could find were stories about this kid getting arrested for posession of marijuana, 5 POUNDS of marijuana. Not very intriguing, to say the least.
scott is not the best draft expert int he world if you catch my drift.

But anyway, Ramonce has top 10 pick talent, plus we could get him in liek the 6th-7th round, so who cares. :roll:

He would be our slasher, and barber is everything else. He is also a great return man.

Here is a highlight video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e6BMbgRvY...elated&search=
Old 02-01-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

These 4 of the first 6 links that came up when I googled Ramonce Taylor:

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu73_5_1

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2444916

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2050

http://www.bevosports.com/2006/05/14...ylor-arrested/

does this matter to you or not? Just asking, not making a premtive decision, the highlights speak for themselves. He looks like a great player.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
NOT WHEN HE IS GONNA BE PICKED IN THE 6TH ROUND, AND IF HE SUCKS WE JUST CUT HIM!!!! PLUS THE SCOUTS AT THE TEXAS VS. THE NATION GAME HAVE SAID HE HAS HID HEAD ON STRAIGHT.

WE NEED A GAMEBREAKER ON THIS TEAM, AND THAT IS WHAT HE IS. WE DON'T HAVE A RB WITH GAME BREAKING SPEED, JULIUS DOESN'T HAVE THAT, SORRY, AND HE NEVER WILL. HE IS SLOW AS F***.

IT WOULD JUST BE AN EXPERIMENT, A 6TH ROUND PICK, WHO CARES.

And here is another video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI (some of the same highlights, but there are other ones as well)
Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
NOT WHEN HE IS GONNA BE PICKED IN THE 6TH ROUND, AND IF HE SUCKS WE JUST CUT HIM!!!! PLUS THE SCOUTS AT THE TEXAS VS. THE NATION GAME HAVE SAID HE HAS HID HEAD ON STRAIGHT.

WE NEED A GAMEBREAKER ON THIS TEAM, AND THAT IS WHAT HE IS. WE DON'T HAVE A RB WITH GAME BREAKING SPEED, JULIUS DOESN'T HAVE THAT, SORRY, AND HE NEVER WILL. HE IS SLOW AS F***.

IT WOULD JUST BE AN EXPERIMENT, A 6TH ROUND PICK, WHO CARES

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI (some of the same highlights, but there are other ones as well)
The highlights are very impressive, but look at what you are saying. An experiment and if he sucks we just cut him. So we trade away Julius and if this guy sucks then we cut him. Where does that leave us?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The highlights are very impressive, but look at what you are saying. An experiment and if he sucks we just cut him. So we trade away Julius and if this guy sucks then we cut him. Where does that leave us?
Because I know he won't suck.

He has Reggie Bush type talent, if he keeps his head on straight which I believe he will, he can be a pro-bowler. And we need that type of back. Julius doesn't have that type of speed. Julius is just a blob in our system IMO. He barely has more speed than Barber, and he certainly doesn't have even close to as much power, he is a poor blocker, and isn't a great receiving threat. Ramonce and Barber would go perfect together, trade Julius for another 2nd or 3rd rounder then and grab another good O-Lineman.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:

He has Reggie Bush type talent, if he keeps his head on straight which I believe he will, he can be a pro-bowler. And we need that type of back. Julius doesn't have that type of speed. Julius is just a blob in our system IMO. He barely has more speed than Barber, and he certainly doesn't have even close to as much power, he is a poor blocker, and isn't a great receiving threat. Ramonce and Barber would go perfect together, trade Julius for another 2nd or 3rd rounder then and grab another good O-Lineman.
I like the idea at the end, and like I said, this kid looks very good on tape. I admit Julius and Barber are definetly not the perfect speed and power combo. I wouldn't object to a trade involving JJ as long as we get enough back.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We have no idea what system we'll be running.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would take him in the 5th or later. I also see him as a Reggie Bush type and think he can be good if he keeps his head on straight. On another note I would not trade Julius unless somebody gives a crazy proposal.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmuVpNYVIg

as long as were dreaming lets trade j.j. and our first and third to move up to 8th and draft this guy :D :D
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

what are your guys take on Norv.ive heard hes supposed to be the leading canidate.what are your thoughts?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quite honestly, I don't understand why everyone is so down on Julius all of a sudden. He didn't have a bad season at all, and he showed signs of improvement throughout the year. He certainly needs to look for a cutback lane a little bit more often, and finish his runs, but in my mind, that may have been a byproduct of not wanting to displease Bill. Another coach, like Norv Turner, could do him wonders. I still think he has the potential to be one of the better backs in the league.

Oh, and there is no way Flozell should have made the Probowl. I would've taken Columbo over him.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I just like Ramonce Taylor, and he could do wonders for our team IMO with his specific skill set.

I am pretty sure we will draft him as well. Jerry will take him in the 6th round or so, I just know it.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Here are 2 quotes from a guy who is at the Texas Vs. The Nation practices:

Quote:
Day Three at the Texas Vs. The Nation game was the best practice I’ve watched in the last three weeks (sorry Shrine Game and Senior Bowl). During the Monday and Tuesday practices it seemed like this game was going to be… different. Not like the “exhibitions” in Houston and Mobile the last two weeks. Ramonce Taylor has been the lightning rod for the thing that will make this game different - a crackling, ever-growing ball of emotional energy that both teams are rallying around. All week, Ramonce has been exhorting his teammates. His mood was euphoric from the first drill on Monday.
Quote:
The RBs were not highlighted much running the ball. Paul Mosley (Baylor) did deliver some punishing blows and truly used his size as a weapon. Gary Russell seemed have his best day so far, displaying crisp cuts. Marcus Mason (Youngstown St) again displayed the short area quickness that gave him “move of the day” honors on Monday with great breaks running routes in the passing drill. Quentin Smith (Rice) again impressed me with his patience and burst, complimented by a good pad level. Justise Hairston (Central Connecticut State) continued to show some of the best vision of any of the RBs. He also seemed like a real mature, high character guy when I talked to him. Justin Vincent (LSU) did not stand out running the ball, but he looked very natural running a wheel route. No disrespect to the other RBs, but Ramonce Taylor (Texas College) is on another level with the ball in his hands. He has exceptional quickness and moves on the fly and just plays at a different speed, both mentally and physically. He even put his shoulder down and pushed a tackler backwards.
That a boy Ramonce. Jerry you better draft this kid.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I just like Ramonce Taylor, and he could do wonders for our team IMO with his specific skill set.

I am pretty sure we will draft him as well. Jerry will take him in the 6th round or so, I just know it.
I wouldn't mind spending a 6th round pick on him (we have 2, due to the Pete Hunter trade), but I'm sure that we can find someone that fills a depth need a little better. I'm pretty confident with Julius, MBIII and TT as our backs. I'd rather spend that pick on a CB, DT, DE, OL, or QB.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:

I wouldn't mind spending a 6th round pick on him (we have 2, due to the Pete Hunter trade), but I'm sure that we can find someone that fills a depth need a little better. I'm pretty confident with Julius, MBIII and TT as our backs. I'd rather spend that pick on a CB, DT, DE, OL, or QB.
I woudln't, and read the post above you.

Ramonce will be a pro-bowler, i'll put money on it right now.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Ball would look good in a highlight package, so I wouldn't base my judgment on Taylor on that. And it istrue Julius is nothing special, but 95% of the teams in the league right now don't have a LT in there backfield, so why trade him away because he is not "special". I've never got that argument. Julius is more then adequate to run in front of Barber, and vice versa. To trade him away would a step back in my opinion. We know what were going to get out of him, and believe or not he is productive back. And his game will improve if we upgrade our O-line, so I really see no reason to get rid of him, or to draft another RB.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

W/e, I just like Ramonce Taylor, I think he brings something to our team that we need. Speed and receiving out of the backfield.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

IT WOULD JUST BE AN EXPERIMENT, A 6TH ROUND PICK, WHO CARES.

WHAT!?!?!?! JULIUS IS SLOW? HE RUNS A 4.3 FOR GOD'S SAKE!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-2H7WHErZA

No speed at all, right?

Wow, you just lost TONS of credibility.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote