Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I Admit It, I Was Wrong About Matt Ryan

who's coming with me?

i don't care about stats. i don't care about his completion percentage, his ints, any of that. you can spot talent. Matt Ryan has it. he actually reminds me an awful lot of Eli Manning. he's a mix of Eli and Ben, for better or for worse.

he's going to be a very good qb. i was wrong. i thought he'd suck. and im willing to jump on his bandwagon already. ive seen enough to proclaim him as legit.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan = semi-legit. He's not quite to peak legitness, but he's on his way. I'll reassess at season's end.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

I was loving him from the beginning of his senior season, but I admit that in his junior season I hated him. But he looks special guys, I mean he really looks good and he will only get better when that offense gets a little more experience and chemistry.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had my reservations about him and wasn't sold on Atlanta taking him over Glenn Dorsey or at #3. With that said, he's legit.

Too bad he's in the NFC South. :(
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
who's coming with me?

i don't care about stats. i don't care about his completion percentage, his ints, any of that. you can spot talent. Matt Ryan has it. he actually reminds me an awful lot of Eli Manning. he's a mix of Eli and Ben, for better or for worse.

he's going to be a very good qb. i was wrong. i thought he'd suck. and im willing to jump on his bandwagon already. ive seen enough to proclaim him as legit.
Admittance is the first step
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like his mental ability. to me thats the first and foremost thing when it comes to qbs. can they read defenses? ryan is doing a better job of it than i initially expected.

my concerns with him have always been his physical attributes and at times decision making, but it seems that i have exaggerated them. he can throw the ball fine, he just needs to work on mechanics to get crisper throws going, which he will with time.

he's still throwing INTs, but he'll learn with time. i don't think any of us other than diehard Ryan fans expected him to play as well as he has thus far. Ryan is showing me alot these past 5 games.
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not bad. I'm not sure I'm quite on the band wagon yet, but I do think that given the proper time to develop he'll be a very good quarterback. NFC South opponents should be worried.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did pick him to win OROY, I thought he'd be legit. I think it is more leadership rather than pure talent, but I do LOVE that Eli comparison.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I had my reservations about him and wasn't sold on Atlanta taking him over Glenn Dorsey or at #3. With that said, he's legit.

Too bad he's in the NFC South. :(
i initially laughed at the fact that they passed on Dorsey for Ryan. i thought it was one of the biggest bonehead moves Ive seen since following the draft (ive only followed the draft for like 3 years now, i was never really a big college football fan).

If he develops into a franchise qb, they will be the ones laughing. And right now, they are.

I did love the Sam Baker pick though.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
RedLionAle
Rookie

RedLionAle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wasn't sold on Ryan being a top QB going into the draft, but so far he has shown that he's got what it takes to be a solid, if not very good starter in the NFL.

Of course, I'm still reserving final judgment for now. We're only a part of the way through his rookie year, so I'm not ready to anoint him a good quarterback, yet.

I guess what I'm saying is that while I'm not sold on him quite yet, I'll very willing to recognize that he's showing great promise in Atlanta right now.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have to admit it seeing how I really liked him out of BC! :D

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit i thought they would regret passing on Dorsey, but I'm sold on Ryan, he looks poised and is a gamer, he's not even scratched the surface on what he an do but you see them opening up the playbook way more then most rookie QB's...The future is bright for the big 3 in ATL period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said he would be a solid player but not a super star or elite franchise guy...and I stick by that

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he would be a good QB, maybe make a Pro Bowl or two, but never live up to the #3 overall status. I stick by that as of right now but he has certainly exceeded my expectations.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked him coming in, but felt Atl was strecthing by using the #3 pick to get Matty Ice. More because I did not think the Falcons had enough talent to help him look better than the average "thrown into the fire" rookie QB. But he did alot with a little in college and always looked poised and in control.

He already looks like he'll live up to that # 3 pick to me, but I suppose that is subjective since, for me, that means he's going to be a decent QB and can hold the starting job for years to come. He won't be Peyton-like, but anyone who expected that was an idiot.

What he has shown me is the 'experts' were right when they stated Ryan was far above all the other QB prospects coming out. Though Flacco looks to be a small school stud who will, over time, be better than the other QBs drafted round 2 or later.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
who's coming with me?

Still need more body of work. Good to see him do well, but still I am a patient guy, so I will sit and wait for 2-4 years and see what happens.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely am eating crow about Matt Ryan. I wasn't that impressed with him in college. I thought he was too much of a gunslinger and made too many mental mistakes.

Now, though, it looks like Atlanta's FO knew what they were doing and as long as they continue to add weapons on offense (a TE for starters) they will be competitive for a good while.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlantas new GM = awesome

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ryan just has that something where you fell comfortable with him undercenter when the games on the line. That's really what you want out of a franchise QB and I think Atlanta will be a consistent playoff team once they finish rebulding that Oline boost their dline and add some more youth to the ir defensive secondary.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Atlantas new GM = awesome
oh god

what game was he talking about in reference to you sig
Old 10-06-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was a big critic. Still not totally convinced. But he's making a case for himself.

He could be Matt Schaub all over again. Look how overrated he was.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle game...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has looked very good for a rookie in his situation. Rookie QBs tend to struggle, especially when they have to contribute immediately for a team coming off a very bad season. Ryan has looked solid and I have always beem a fan of his since he was at BC, he will be a very solid player in this league.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Seattle game...
lol well damn

About Matt Ryan, im not sure if i am quite ready to belive in him but he is really doing all the right things at the moment
Old 10-06-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't a fan at all initially. Too many INTs and didn't have a big arm. Can't say I was in love with that. He's been very good so far though. Tampa ate him alive the first half, and he's made a couple stupid mistakes. His INT yesterday was pretty bad, but it's tough to tell he's a rookie. He can make every throw you need. He grows on me every week. Not to mention, the man can move a little. He's not Vick, but he's got good escapability. Right now, my problem with him would be...

He panics under pressure from defense (Not the pressure of a close game late. His mistakes for the most part are when he tries to do something too fast.)

Otherwise, it is hard not to be impressed. Also, I laugh in your direction members of the "They shouldn't play Ryan. Just let him learn the playbook because he's going to get killed back there and be Joey Harrington all over. It's not like your going to win this season."