Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And no way Chase Daniel goes first round. I love the guy as a college player and he is incredibly accuarte but then again so is Graham Harrel. The chance he is Drew Brees is highly unlikely, yet I do see the similarity, but when you go back and look at the QB's that are 6'0 in the NFL, most are not succesful.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
And no way Chase Daniel goes first round. I love the guy as a college player and he is incredibly accuarte but then again so is Graham Harrel. The chance he is Drew Brees is highly unlikely, yet I do see the similarity, but when you go back and look at the QB's that are 6'0 in the NFL, most are not succesful.
I actually see more Marc Bulger, who went round 6. I could see Daniel similarily having a good career despite not being drafted highly.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I actually see more Marc Bulger, who went round 6. I could see Daniel similarily having a good career despite not being drafted highly.
Ya, would help that much wouldnt be expected from him either.

Hey BAMA, as a VT fan, what do you think of Macho Harris, I love this guy, always makin plays, returns kicks, love his attitude.

Also what about Kam Chancellor??
Old 10-06-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, would help that much wouldnt be expected from him either.

Hey BAMA, as a VT fan, what do you think of Macho Harris, I love this guy, always makin plays, returns kicks, love his attitude.

Also what about Kam Chancellor??
Macho is great. 5 star recruit out of highschool, could have been an offensive star but he fit to well at corner. Didn't redshirt despite not playing much defense, but it's Beamerball and the best athletes see special teams. Since his sophmore season he has been a playmaker, but at times he got a bit lackidazical (spelling) in coverage. He would be on, then he would be off. Maybe that was because he had an AMAZING college corner across from him in Brandon Flowers. But this year he has been lights out after coming back from injury. In basically 4 games (injured one, sat out second half in two others), he has three interceptions. Took one back to the five yesterday. Really knows what to do with the ball in his hands. Amazing athlete, maybe not blazing straight line speed but its good. I'd say a mid to late 4.4. But he has very, very fluid hips and he is so quick. Has hops too, he can really jump. Unlike a lot of cover players, he can hit. Not quite like Brandon Flowers or Jimmy Williams, but like all VT players he is physical and will knock you out.

He is also an excellent punt returner, averaging 15 yards a return on the year. He also plays offense for us, getting a few drives a game. He has like four catches on the year, great ball skills. Scott is crazy for having him so low, he really lacks many flaws. He has it all, playmaking ability, size (6'0" 195) athleticism, physicality.

As far as Kam, prior to the season I thought he would be gone to the NFL this year for sure. Absolutely amazing, lights out athlete. Last year was one of the best hitters I have ever seen. But his aggressiveness is not suited at FS for us, where he plays centerfield. He is more of a SS/ rover. But he can play any position. Played QB in highschool, 2 star prospect. CB as a freshman, then rover last year. Didn't need a redshirt moving from QB to 6'4" CB shows his ability. Just an absolute physical speciman with his size, athleticism, and natural ability. But this year he hasn't made many huge plays and struggled with his tackling at times. He should stay in school another year.

Also, about those two players, they are amazing leaders and hard workers. They both get bragged on more than any other Hokies.

Here is some stuff on Kam from Kyle Tucker's (VTs beat writer) blog.

Quote:
ON KAM CHANCELLOR’S TALENT AND THE WAY HE PICKS THINGS UP QUICKLY, PLAYING HIS THIRD POSITION IN THREE YEARS: “It amazes me because of his size. For a kid his size to be able to come in and even fathom playing cornerback as a true freshman … his learning curve was phenomenal. Then the size he is, obviously, he doesn’t look like everybody else. I said last year he was probably the best athlete on our team because he was one guy who could probably play quarterback or wide receiver, then come over to defense and play from corner to defensive end. I don’t think anybody else could do that. I’m always amazed. I’m still amazed by what he’s able to do at the size he is. He’s kind of a phenomenal, freakish athlete, but because he’s so smart, too, and he gets it and he’s very coachable, he’s able to go from corner to rover to free safety and pick it up and play.”

ON BEING A FORMER FREE SAFETY HIMSELF, A STAR AT THE POSITION, HOW GOOD DOES HE THINK CHANCELLOR CAN BE: “Well, I said when he was a freshman, assuming he’d move to safety, that he would probably be the best safety that ever played here. And I think he will leave Virginia Tech as the best safety that ever played here. And probably be drafted higher than any safety ever at Tech.”

ON WHAT, EXACTLY, MAKES CHANCELLOR SO SPECIAL: “He’s just a great, great person, first of all. So he’s a natural leader. He’s got all this God-given ability, but he works harder than anybody else. He’s a humble kid. And he accepts being a leader. It’s just all the intangibles. He goes to class, all that. You take a lot of kids with his talent and they take things for granted, or they feel above some things. He has none of that petty stuff that comes along with what he gives you as an athlete.”
I should have just quoted it all, haha.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 10-06-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: I should have just quoted it all, considering how it ended up looking. Haha.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Both sound great, But your saying Kam won't fit our scheme very well?? And Macho will?

Just want to get your take on that.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Both sound great, But your saying Kam won't fit our scheme very well?? And Macho will?

Just want to get your take on that.
No, they would both be fine. But unless Kam starts lighting it up he needs to stay at VT for another year if he wants to go round one. He needs to go back to rover, and play SS in the pros. He has the ability to play just about every position, but SS maximizes his ferocity and run stopping ability.

Macho would fit, but I think he gos late round one.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, they would both be fine. But unless Kam starts lighting it up he needs to stay at VT for another year if he wants to go round one. He needs to go back to rover, and play SS in the pros. He has the ability to play just about every position, but SS maximizes his ferocity and run stopping ability.

Macho would fit, but I think he gos late round one.
Thats where I feel Macho will go but would love to snag him if he drops in round 2, Him and Moore in the first 2 rounds would be sick.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thats where I feel Macho will go but would love to snag him if he drops in round 2, Him and Moore in the first 2 rounds would be sick.
We need offense. JMO, but you can typecast defensive players but not offensive players. We need to follow the Colts mold and surround our franchise QB with weapons in round 1.

I think we can use one of our first two selections on defense, but not both.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We need offense. JMO, but you can typecast defensive players but not offensive players. We need to follow the Colts mold and surround our franchise QB with weapons in round 1.

I think we can use one of our first two selections on defense, but not both.
If thats the case, and Crabs is available, Id go 1)Crabs 2) Macho.....If we were in a perfect world.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If thats the case, and Crabs is available, Id go 1)Crabs 2) Macho.....If we were in a perfect world.
That would be great. As long as we don't pay Crabtree huge money I'm fine with it. If we pick top 8 I don't want Crabtree because I doubt we dish out 50 million dollar contracts to two wide receivers (Roddy will be getting his eventually).

Old 10-06-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Im really hoping we are outside the top 12, just cause I feel the right player will fall to us and we dont have to pay them ridiculous money.

Everything is so much easier when you know where your picking b/c then money is an issue, if we are picking b/t 12-15 I think that gives us the oppurtunity to sign a big name guy if FA (i know you dont like this bama) but its an option. A few good corners in Gamble and Hayden. And Housmanzadeh is there so who knows. I trust TD as he has shown he has made all the right decisions.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Macho, and I love Kam...i just don't think CB is our need position (if we can get him round 2 yes, 100% no questions asked) but we need a Safety, that's the problem, and unless Decoud is ready to come in and start and be a real difference maker (which I'm not so sure he won't be) I want a Safety and I want one early to make a serious impact on this team.

But I think Kam sticks around, Myron Rolle will likely stay again, so I think Mays will come out and with his numbers will be compared unjustfully to the late great Sean Taylor. He's just not that guy, we won't see another Sean Taylor.

I want a WR as well...Crabtree, beast, Macklin, burner...but I'm not sold on either of them at this point. That kid from UNC has caught my eye and I've watched many games, I was thinking of Tate long before he was on the front page of NFLDC, but I'm afraid his stock will go too high, and it will fall in a place we can't afford to spend on a WR.

I also want a TE...I know we're not going to look there too often, so we can't go round 1 or 2, but if we can find a very good pass catching option in round 3 I think we can take one. Peele has been solid so far, and so has Hartsock, but their lack of targets just shows how little we use them. We have a load of playmakers (esp w/ Robinson back from injury) so I don't know how many times we can split the ball.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

It hard right now b/c as fans we want Ryan to continue to be succesful so we want him to have another target and obviously we know that we need secondary help.

We need a S and a CB, I think corner is a major need b/c after Houston, all we have is Chevis(still getting better but not a playmaker but a solid third guy) Grimes, who blows a big one, Foxworth, who wont be here, Irons, hasnt seen the field and thats it. At Safety we have Coleman and Milloy, both are very good for us. Not an Ed Reed or Landry by any means, but they are solid. DeCoud is behind them as well. So its all going to depend on if we re-sign Milloy. And if we do re-sign him its a flip of the coin on what we take, simply b/c we dont know who is available.

If Moore is there Id love him. Right behind him is Crabtree. Next is Malcom Jenkins. And in the top 15 those are really the only 3 guys I feel that fill a major need w/o being a reach.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Malcom Jenkins...man I love his leadership at OSU...I love his size and his ability with the ball in his hands. I think he'd be fantastic here...But I don't wanna go Corner round 1 again...I know we have to have a big guy for matchups but that's what Chevis is...and Chevis as a #2 corner is fine by me, he's going to be perfect in our scheme. Having Houston #1 and then putting Grimes / Foxworth (just because he's learning the system doesn't mean we won't keep him) at that NCB spot...I like it. Of course I'd love to keep Chevis as the NCB, but I really want him matched up against the big WRs and let Houston play the Steve Smith types. Grimes is fine, he's not an elite playmaker like people wanted him to be, but he's pretty consistent...got caught looking into the backfield this week, other than that it's been smart matchups by the other teams and perfect throws where only the much larger WR had a chance. Grimes has been sure tackling and no YAC kinda corner...which is very important.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I love Macho, and I love Kam...i just don't think CB is our need position (if we can get him round 2 yes, 100% no questions asked) but we need a Safety, that's the problem, and unless Decoud is ready to come in and start and be a real difference maker (which I'm not so sure he won't be) I want a Safety and I want one early to make a serious impact on this team.

But I think Kam sticks around, Myron Rolle will likely stay again, so I think Mays will come out and with his numbers will be compared unjustfully to the late great Sean Taylor. He's just not that guy, we won't see another Sean Taylor.

I want a WR as well...Crabtree, beast, Macklin, burner...but I'm not sold on either of them at this point. That kid from UNC has caught my eye and I've watched many games, I was thinking of Tate long before he was on the front page of NFLDC, but I'm afraid his stock will go too high, and it will fall in a place we can't afford to spend on a WR.

I also want a TE...I know we're not going to look there too often, so we can't go round 1 or 2, but if we can find a very good pass catching option in round 3 I think we can take one. Peele has been solid so far, and so has Hartsock, but their lack of targets just shows how little we use them. We have a load of playmakers (esp w/ Robinson back from injury) so I don't know how many times we can split the ball.
Tate won't go round one. He doesn't catch enough balls. He's a good player though, obviously.

He reminds me of Craig 'Buster' Davis when he was coming out of LSU. Except not as productive.