Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Watson cut...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7140

Guess we're definitely drafting RB next year. I highly doubt Chris perry and Cedric Benson is enough of a running game for our future :(
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does anyone know what is going on with kenny irons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
does anyone know what is going on with kenny irons?
He was on PuP wasnt he?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knowshawn Moreno is in your reach

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
He was on PuP wasnt he?
We flat out cut him, resigned him then re-cut him I think.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Knowshawn Moreno is in your reach
i doubt knowshawn is gonna come out, and even if he does i think he will be too much of a reach for where we will most likely be picking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather not go RB in the first round anyway. Until we get a Center our RB's are going to be screwed running up the middle anyway.

Cutting Rudi was such a great idea! [/sarcasm]

We will have two active RB's for tomorrows game. Brilliance.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 10-04-2008 at 02:08 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default RB

So let's draft another RB with no holes to run thgru. If Mike Brown drafts a RB any higher than rd 3, he's an idiot. Draft an OT and a C and maybe even throw in a Guard.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We MUST draft a MLB before anything else. Then center is probably the most needed position to fill (Alex Mack). After that we can go for everything else (DT, RB, OT, etc.)
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of sad to see Kenny Watson just cut like that. Although he is nursing an injury, maybe the Bengals plan to re-sign him when he gets healthy ... however that is mere speculation on my part.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty surprising cut. I guess it was to make room for Henry?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah it was to make room for Henry.
We should draft RB in rd one if a MLB isnt there and the RB is. then we should go OT in rd 2 and C in 3.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafting a RB in the 1st eould be completely unneccesary. Theres going to be a MLB there no doubt, and even if there isn't RB is not our next most glaring need. I would prefer not to see a RB drafted higher than the 3rd if at all possible.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets say Rey Rey is off already when we pick. Then we have the choice between a OT and RB. There is NO and I mean NO center worth a top 10 pick which we are on pace for. There is no other LB to take in the top 10. So it has to be OT which is only worth it IF Andrews leaves and/or we cut/trade Jones.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-05-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
lets say Rey Rey is off already when we pick. Then we have the choice between a OT and RB. There is NO and I mean NO center worth a top 10 pick which we are on pace for. There is no other LB to take in the top 10. So it has to be OT which is only worth it IF Andrews leaves and/or we cut/trade Jones.
Could always try trading back.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all about Maualaga or Lauranitis (I'm sure I spelled both names wrong). I think Dhani is fine but he's at the end of the road. Then take a OL 2nd round (Center, please) then hopefully OL/RB in the 3rd (maybe Justin Smith will get us a 3rd round comp.).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its looking like we are going to get a top 5 pick. Lions, Rams, Chiefs, Browns, and Us. I def see Maualuga falling to us. Sadly I dont know if a player like Alex Mack is going to get back to us in the 2nd round. We could trade out of our position and create more draft picks. Some teams may want to move up and take players.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default draft

An inside LBer is usally not taken in the top 5. I know these 2 are really good, but I think our need is more at LT as we look toward the future and have to protect Carson. I would go C in rd 2 IF one of the top 2 are there. If not, I'd wait on a center also. DO NOT DRAFT A RB WITH A HIGH PICK. THIS WOULD BE THE WORST DECISION THEY COULD MAKE.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I don't know if I should say this, and I know for sure he's not worth a top 10 pick, but what about Brinkley sometime in the late 1st or 2nd? While I would like to see a MLb pick in the 1st, if none are available, we might be able to pick up Brinkley later on. I agree with you rickscott in saying that an early RB pick would be a terrible move.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I would love Brinkley if (and this is a big if, no pun intended) he can drop some weight and get a little faster. He is a monster athlete and big hitter but he can be really slow at times. In round two I would say go for it. I like Brinkley over Lauranitis for our defense. Lauranitis is more of a Tampa 2 ILB not the base 4-3 we run. Benson actually looked solid. I want to see him get more carries. If he keeps it up sign him again and I could live with a Benson/Perry backfield
Round 1: (i)Rey-Rey (ii)Oher/Loadholt
Round 2: (i)Fenuki Tupou (ii)Brinkley

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure we need (or can for that matter)to go after a franchise LT at this point. I don't know how the situation with Anthony Collins is shaping up as far as what position he will play, but if he can play LT I'd rather go OT later in the draft. I also wouldn't like to see a RB early but that could change if the Perry/Benson duo doesn't work out. I'm not as high on Rey-Rey as some but I would definitely be happy if we selected him in the first. Personally, I would love to see us get Aaron Curry but I really have no idea where his draft stock is at this point.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

IMO he is not top 10. 11-20 is where I like him. He is a very good prospect but I wouldnt get him earlier than that as of right now. Plus I see ILB as a bigger need for us. I could stand it if we go BPA and he is BPA.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack