Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, i'd love to get to the Goose Island Brewery and sample the stuff that doesn't make it's way to cheeseheadland. i must say, i've liked everything i've tried from them...except the nut brown ale. i've never had a brown ale that i've liked. but, otherwise, GI is the best thing to come out of Illinois since Great America.

it's funny, with the Harvest Ale, i didn't even realize i was drinking an ESB because i was expecting it to taste like a fall beer. the surprise made it all the more excellent.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yes, i'd love to get to the Goose Island Brewery and sample the stuff that doesn't make it's way to cheeseheadland. i must say, i've liked everything i've tried from them...except the nut brown ale. i've never had a brown ale that i've liked. but, otherwise, GI is the best thing to come out of Illinois since Great America.

it's funny, with the Harvest Ale, i didn't even realize i was drinking an ESB because i was expecting it to taste like a fall beer. the surprise made it all the more excellent.
I think i made a post a few pages back that the perfect ESB is also the perfect Fall beer. Something about it, it's like the pre-spicy winter ales with enough spice and tart hops to make it beer weather.

Honestly though, goose island on clybourn (do NOT go to the one in wrigleyville. if you cannot stand cubs bro dudes (which i can't), avoid it at all costs...) maybe 5 minutes from 90/94. And you can technically go to great america (hells yes. btw. superman is the absolute worst roller coaster there. I'd rather have still have shockwave over that)... take US 41 (do NOT take 94. Recipe for disaster in traffic!), end up back on 94 in the city. and run down there. add about 40 minutes there and back and you have a perfect end to a day.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I think i made a post a few pages back that the perfect ESB is also the perfect Fall beer. Something about it, it's like the pre-spicy winter ales with enough spice and tart hops to make it beer weather.

Honestly though, goose island on clybourn (do NOT go to the one in wrigleyville. if you cannot stand cubs bro dudes (which i can't), avoid it at all costs...) maybe 5 minutes from 90/94. And you can technically go to great america (hells yes. btw. superman is the absolute worst roller coaster there. I'd rather have still have shockwave over that)... take US 41 (do NOT take 94. Recipe for disaster in traffic!), end up back on 94 in the city. and run down there. add about 40 minutes there and back and you have a perfect end to a day.
by pure coinicdence, i'm going to great america on saturday..it'll be my first time there in 3 years. and, yes, superman = great concept...but epic fail in the shortness and lack of anything below it. RIP shockwave. wish they tore down the demon instead.
ok, rollercoaster rant over. what i was trying to say is that we can't get a babysitter to watch micro-drowe overnight, so, it'll just be a day trip...but, if it rains, i'm totally suggesting a Goose Island trip. hell, maybe if we find out our old asses can't handle fast spinny rides anymore, we'll just leave at 4:30 and swing down there.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
by pure coinicdence, i'm going to great america on saturday..it'll be my first time there in 3 years. and, yes, superman = great concept...but epic fail in the shortness and lack of anything below it. RIP shockwave. wish they tore down the demon instead.
ok, rollercoaster rant over. what i was trying to say is that we can't get a babysitter to watch micro-drowe overnight, so, it'll just be a day trip...but, if it rains, i'm totally suggesting a Goose Island trip. hell, maybe if we find out our old asses can't handle fast spinny rides anymore, we'll just leave at 4:30 and swing down there.
and who knows. midwest weather changes every hour.

the demon is cool because it's kitschy... that opening tunnel of flashy lights and cheesy creepy sounds... lovely. they just need to re-track it. not even re design it. put an updated track that's smoother. because you can't beat the loops in that one. unless you're stuck upside down.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
and who knows. midwest weather changes every hour.

the demon is cool because it's kitschy... that opening tunnel of flashy lights and cheesy creepy sounds... lovely. they just need to re-track it. not even re design it. put an updated track that's smoother. because you can't beat the loops in that one. unless you're stuck upside down.
exactly. put superman where the demon was and keep the tunnels. shockwave was just the demon on 'roids anyway.

neither one worked the best with me. i'm 6' 3 and the over the shoulder restraints pushed down on my shoulders. i did get fatter in the last 3 years, so, maybe the extra padding will help.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
exactly. put superman where the demon was and keep the tunnels. shockwave was just the demon on 'roids anyway.

neither one worked the best with me. i'm 6' 3 and the over the shoulder restraints pushed down on my shoulders. i did get fatter in the last 3 years, so, maybe the extra padding will help.
Don't whine. You can at least survive on the iron wolf. I on the other hand can't touch the ground. But Batman is legit. Minus the fact it smells like death.

Boobs + Coasters = ouch.

To keep this on topic a little bit while we discuss.

Here in south africa. Best macro lager i've had. Castle. Pretty legit stuff.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

off topic...haha. well, ya know that saddle they ram between your legs on iron wolf? wanna guess where that guy ends up?

on topic...yeah, i tried Sprecher's try at an African Beer. it was quite tasty. it was called Mbege. it was also gluten free.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
off topic...haha. well, ya know that saddle they ram between your legs on iron wolf? wanna guess where that guy ends up?

on topic...yeah, i tried Sprecher's try at an African Beer. it was quite tasty. it was called Mbege. it was also gluten free.
Touche.

The wine here is better than the beer. Dear god the Chenin Blanc is mindnumbingly good.

I have to have my brother UPS me the beer overnight. And it costs a billion dollars. But it's worth it. Dear god.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
.except the nut brown ale. i've never had a brown ale that i've liked.
I agree 100%. Brown ales suck. I find Purchasing them telling myselft "I'll like it this time" but it sucks the same everytime. I just bought a sixer of brown nut ale brewed in Ashland and ended up giving most of them away.

Also, Awfully. You're really a women? I think if it weren't for the Bears thing you may be my dream girl. Patron of Exercise, football, and Beer. Fit, fun, and drunk. What's not to like?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I agree 100%. Brown ales suck. I find Purchasing them telling myselft "I'll like it this time" but it sucks the same everytime. I just bought a sixer of brown nut ale brewed in Ashland and ended up giving most of them away.

Also, Awfully. You're really a women? I think if it weren't for the Bears thing you may be my dream girl. Patron of Exercise, football, and Beer. Fit, fun, and drunk. What's not to like?
And if by drunk you mean 3 beers and i'm asleep next to the couch. Then yes.

As far as brown ales go... even like newcastle? not to go all macro and ****, but. i like them though.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
next to the couch.
odd choice of location

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if by drunk you mean 3 beers and i'm asleep next to the couch. Then yes.

As far as brown ales go... even like newcastle? not to go all macro and ****, but. i like them though.
Three beers and your asleep? Maybe your a bit too old for me. ;)

Meh, IDK what it is about them brownies.. It's almost like they're too bland for me. hard to explain. New Castle is not a fav beer of mine It's almost like soy sauce beer or something. I guess if I had to choose a brown ale I like... Moose Drool by Big sky?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

yes, i've tried new castle a long time ago and i was bored by it.

BUT, Leine's is coming out with a new beer...and, i'm mostly sure it's a brown ale. called Fireside Brown Ale or something wintery like that. i'll be trying it as soon as i see a 6 pack.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Three beers and your asleep? Maybe your a bit too old for me. ;)

Meh, IDK what it is about them brownies.. It's almost like they're too bland for me. hard to explain. New Castle is not a fav beer of mine It's almost like soy sauce beer or something. I guess if I had to choose a brown ale I like... Moose Drool by Big sky?

soy sauce? that's guinness dry stout. so gross.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel I am the only person on earth who doesn't like Guinness.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yes my friend, you are sadly alone.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
nah, i don't love it. i don't dislike it..but it's just kinda bland. boring. almost every bar that has guiness on tap has something else that'll be more appealing to me. so, i rarely have it.

Mrs. drowe loves it.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Only time I drink Guinness is with a Car bomb.
That reminds me. I was in Dublin and really drunk needless to say. Any who, I went up to the bar and ordered myself a Irish car bomb. It didn't go over too well and the bar tender says to me " who the hell do you think you are ordering that here. Would I order a world trade center in the United States?" I felt like a prick.

they get smoked.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty funny if you ask me. I love me some Guinness when the poor college budget can afford it(usually on St. Patties). Other than that its usually the piss unfortunately.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That reminds me. I was in Dublin and really drunk needless to say. Any who, I went up to the bar and ordered myself a Irish car bomb. It didn't go over too well and the bar tender says to me " who the hell do you think you are ordering that here. Would I order a world trade center in the United States?" I felt like a prick.
Yup, that is a big no no in Ireland. I don't drink too much Guinness anymore (although it is my cat's name). Mostly because of Smithwick's. I'd rather drink that.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
I L'dOL. now please go to Germany and order a Dead Nazi.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Would I order a world trade center in the United States?
Is that a real drink, if not, I want to create it.

But really though, Irish Car Bombs? What's with people and Guinness related drinks.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mixing dairy and beer is not very appetizing to me.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Seriously, it's way too thick and from what I understand, Baileys and Guinness arent exactly made to be drank in short amounts of time. Unless of course you are trying to get really full.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I go out I often just take the shot you drop in a Car Bomb. Half Bailey's half Jameson. My cousin calls it an Irish Hitman but I don't know if that is the common name for it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote