Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being the worst team in the NFC East sucks.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
As fro Philly "Destroying Pittsburgh" They annihilated our Offense so bad they won by a mere 9 points.
Um. You must have not been watching the game.

Just because the score was close didn't mean the game was.

Figure this: if the defense keeps your scores down in a dominating fashion. and the offense is just good enough to throw up 15 points... you know what? If you can't score in any convincing fashion... you were dominated.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Um. You must have not been watching the game.

Just because the score was close didn't mean the game was.

Figure this: if the defense keeps your scores down in a dominating fashion. and the offense is just good enough to throw up 15 points... you know what? If you can't score in any convincing fashion... you were dominated.
There's no doubt that Philly's defense dominated our OLine.

The fact of the matter is... we were "Dominated" by one of the best teams in the league and yet, that game was very winnable.

Granted we didn't win it, but, had the playcalling decided to start throwing shorter passes and utilizing the RB's, we could have very well won that game.

So if being dominated is being within winning reach of the game, then I think this team has a pretty good chance to compete.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not winnable if u got dominated

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
its not winnable if u got dominated
Philly got a Safety in the closing minutes.

The MVP of that game was Sav Rocca. He pinned us deep so often.

Fact of the matter is, until the safety at the end of the game 1 touchdown could've tied the game.

All it takes is 1 breakaway reception or Run and even though we got our butts kicked that game was very winnable.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is... we were "Dominated" by one of the best teams in the league and yet, that game was very winnable.
The Eagles are no where near one of the best teams in the league. In fact, I'd say that there are at least 6-8 teams in the NFC better than the Eagles.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
The Eagles are no where near one of the best teams in the league. In fact, I'd say that there are at least 6-8 teams in the NFC better than the Eagles.
With Westbrook down? I'd agree. I will say this.. If the Steelers are supposed to or do go far into the playoffs... most of the possible matchups will be repeats as we play the NFC East, the AFC South (Tennessee) and New England/SD/Indy.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Westbrook down? I'd agree.
Even with Westbrook, I'd still say that these teams are better:

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons
I'd give you Giants/Cowboys/Redskins...

I'd say the Eagles are probably playing the same level as Panthers/Bears..

Granted I haven't seen their latest game, I don't think they're as bad.

In all reality all 4 NFCE teams should be in the playoffs.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Fact of the matter is, until the safety at the end of the game 1 touchdown could've tied the game.

All it takes is 1 breakaway reception or Run and even though we got our butts kicked that game was very winnable.
Sure. Coulda Shoulda Woulda....

The fact is is that the steelers DIDN'T make those plays. Maybe the eagles stopped every possible breakaway reception or run... as BF_51 says often. If you give up the big (run/pass) play, you cannot say your (run/pass) defense is good. The eagles didn't give up the pass or run, and contrarily shut down every opportunity for the steelers to gain ground.

That's called domination.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team competing for a playoff spot has a legit chance to win the SB. That's what I love about this season. There is no dominant team (as we have found out with Dallas, Indy, NE, San Diego, Carolina, etc).

Yea I know the "any team can win on any given Sunday" idea applies every season but last year it was the Patriots SB to lose for the most part, this year there is no team like that and even the top tier teams aren't as good as we all thought they would be. I'm not even sold on the Giants until they play a competitive team (Washington's first week was a fluke IMO).

It's going to be a wild ride this season and I can't wait!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons
I'll give you teh Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, and Panthers, but I still think the Eagles are superior to the Bears despite losing, definitely the Cardinals, and the Falcons have no right being mentioned as a better team than Philly. Philly is still the NFL's top run defense, their secondary has Brian Dawkins, Asante Samuels, Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard just to name a few, and by the way have a pro bowl running back and a meast of a QB. They are a top 5 team in the NFL IMO but haven't played to what they are capable of.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Bears
Cardinals
Falcons
The Falcons are serious? That must be a typo
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And the odds of your O-Line holding up against the relentless blitzing (oh hey Jim, that stuff works. Stop alternating between high pressure and low pressure games) were slim to none.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
And the odds of your O-Line holding up against the relentless blitzing (oh hey Jim, that stuff works. Stop alternating between high pressure and low pressure games) were slim to none.
Yeah. As bad as our Oline played... that game was on the OC. I think in that whole game we threw what.. 1 screen and used 1 3-step drop?

I feel bad for doubting the browns fans when they told us Arians Sucked.

Ben has been calling the plays at the LOS Since the 2nd half of the baltimore game.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is, but by the end of the year, the AFC will rise back up to about even. Once the Colts and Chargers get it going, if the Broncos fix their defense just a bit, you'll have as many great teams in the AFC rather than the NFC.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote