Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

..or, time to bring out the big guns

drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of defeats the reason of having a body guard....
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Goodell did say that he would punish teams that take players with character problems. I wouldn't be surprised if charges were filed that the Cowboys could lose a mid-round draft pick.
The Bengals? Trust they would be first in line to lose any picks, they just recently resigned Chris Henry and Cedric Benson as well as everyone else in the past few years, nobody is going to get punished before them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3634226

THANK GOD

Edit: Playfulness that turned into a brief scuffle, huh? I can see this cover up story was really well thought out.

Last edited by Burns336 : 10-09-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The Bengals? Trust they would be first in line to lose any picks, they just recently resigned Chris Henry and Cedric Benson as well as everyone else in the past few years, nobody is going to get punished before them.
In the last two season no Bengals player has been involved in any incident that has resulted in a conviction. There has been 4 incidents involving players, and 3 of the 4 players no longer play for Cincinnati (Chris Henry being the only player here).

As far as Benson goes, well, the grand jury failed to indict Benson on both arrests. This is a pretty clear statement of innocence and the NFL said they won't discipline him.

Many teams have been far worse than the Bengals as of recent. I'm not saying we are the most clean team, far from it. But I doubt we get arbitrarily punished first.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to the police spokesperson on irvin's radio show:

1. fight was at 11 pm
2. fight was broken up before police got there
3. alcohol was involved, but not to the point of intoxication

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well being that Adam is over the age of 21...and wasn't intoxicated...it shouldn't be an issue

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the most pathetic attempts to make a story out of nothing that I have ever seen. If anyone is interested, this unofficial team blog, which is very good and objective almost to a fault at times, had this commentary on the situation:

Quote:
So Adam Jones had a fight with his bodyguard.

Sure.

So the local scribes are climbing over each other to see which can be more sanctimonious and sanctimonious first.

Whatever.

Life goes on. If it’s with Adam Jones, so be it. If it’s without him, so be it.

He’s been a steady cornerback, but life will go on. Terence Newman will return at some point this year. Orlando Scandrick has looked good. Mike Jenkins has taken his lumps but is on a rookie learning curve. They have a good secondary coach. The Cowboys will endure.

Somebody, likely the Pac, passed gas in the theater. It’s unpleasant, but ignore the idiots yelling “fire!” in your face. Resist the call to stampede. The smell will fade, and so, eventually, will the idiocy and mock outrage.

I’m just tired of the encompassing phoniness. We saw it in ‘06 when T.O. took the wrong supplements and spent a couple of hours in an altered state on his couch. His publicist had to milk it for her fifteen minutes, stepping in it so badly that T.O. had to take over her P.R. duties, which he did spectacularly, dousing a blowup with the Dallas P.D. that Simple Kim was intent on lighting.

And then there’s the Dallas P.D.

They must give leaking lessons with the basic training there. Nobody was arrested, but every last detail that can be dribbled out has been dribbled out. No charges will be filed, but Department sources will do their damnedest to make sure Jones is tried in the court of public opinion.

And, of course, the usual suspects in the Metroplex punditocracy, who no doubt have the squeakiest of clean pasts, deign to lecture the Cowboys and the rest of us on morals, ethics and public decorum.

Yawn.

Let me point out something to the younger, and perhaps the older hands here. When I lived in Wisconsin back in the mid-’90s, at the height of the Cowboys/Packers/49ers rivalries, no writer, not even one of the Packer-covering locals, was more popular among the Cheeseheads than Randy Galloway. Every time the Cowboys would trip up, or a player would do something stupid, he’d hammer out something venenous and predictable, in his inimitable one-sentence-per-paragraph sarcasm, and the national press would eat it up.

I had Packer-backer friends who loved to wave his screeds at me, saying “Randy Galloway is my favorite writer.” He and the Dales and Eds aren’t popular because they’re offering you any great insight as to why the team wins or loses. They’re popular because they’re useful idiots, whom the rest of the Cowboys-hating world runs to at moments like this because they’ll fling poo at Valley Ranch on cue.

Look at the headline on Pro Football Talk right now. It’s Mike Florio’s breathless “Randy Agrees With Me” pile on. This is exhibit A that men love melodrama just as much as women. The only difference is the type of romance novels we read. The ladies like theirs with busty, bodice-ripped damsels and ab-ripped heroes. The most inclined among us men folk love ours in column length, with musky, hypertrophied jock protagonists, who drive fast cars, date faster women and thumb their noses at the Commissioner.

This grocery store tabloid has too many fourth-rate divas, and a threadbare plot. It’s more like the typical four minute Saturday Night Live skit that’s being dragged out to 100 minutes for the multiplexes. And the principals are trying to convince us we should pay $8.50 to sit through this turkey.

I give it two thumbs down.

Now, back to the Cardinals. There’s an actual interesting football game coming up in three days.

That, my friends, is the real entertainment.
www.blueandsilverreport.com

I thought that summed it up nicely.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course anything that this idiot does is going to get blown up by the media, especially after his ridiculous history and him now playing for the Cowboys of all teams. Come on, this can't be surprising in the least. Other than it took until Week 6, I guess.

Wade Phillips is melting at his presser now, wow.

Hey, you reap what you sow.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
This is one of the most pathetic attempts to make a story out of nothing that I have ever seen. If anyone is interested, this unofficial team blog, which is very good and objective almost to a fault at times, had this commentary on the situation:

www.blueandsilverreport.com

I thought that summed it up nicely.
Vela and Villaronga are back? I missed them so much. The DMN blog is garbage and also "Bloggin' the boys" has been bad recently.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
In the last two season no Bengals player has been involved in any incident that has resulted in a conviction. There has been 4 incidents involving players, and 3 of the 4 players no longer play for Cincinnati (Chris Henry being the only player here).

As far as Benson goes, well, the grand jury failed to indict Benson on both arrests. This is a pretty clear statement of innocence and the NFL said they won't discipline him.

Many teams have been far worse than the Bengals as of recent. I'm not saying we are the most clean team, far from it. But I doubt we get arbitrarily punished first.
The subject at hand is punishing teams who sign troubled players, and you guys just signed Benson and Henry when at the time your team would probably be leading the pack in terms of players who have continually gotten in trouble with the law over the past 3 years...My point was that Cincy would be well in line to get something handed down before anyone else, I don't know why your surprised, when the GM continually drafts bad character players and continues to sign them thats the downside of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The subject at hand is punishing teams who sign troubled players, and you guys just signed Benson and Henry when at the time your team would probably be leading the pack in terms of players who have continually gotten in trouble with the law over the past 3 years...My point was that Cincy would be well in line to get something handed down before anyone else, I don't know why your surprised, when the GM continually drafts bad character players and continues to sign them thats the downside of it.
It isn't about signing troubled players, but it is about knowing the risk of troubled players, signing them and then they get into trouble. I agree that if Benson or Henry do some crazy stuff again, then the Bengals should get in trouble. At the moment, they haven't done anything since being signed. The same can be said possibly for the Vikings if Jared Allen ends up getting another DUI. Goodell is not punishing teams for the act of signing the players, but for the act of teams knowing the risks of signing the players and then those players screw up after they are signed.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since he is no longer part of the Titans organization, I could care less what mess Pacman Jones brings upon himself. He obviously can't stay out of trouble, and doesn't understand the consequences of his actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Since he is no longer part of the Titans organization, I could care less what mess Pacman Jones brings upon himself. He obviously can't stay out of trouble, and doesn't understand the consequences of his actions.
I think that he can't stay sober
Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I think that he can't stay sober
I think this is a case of "you can take the man out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the man".

But in all seriousness, this will never end.

Being wheelchair bound wasn't enough.

Do the right thing Roger.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote