Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna be getting the arcade soon too since my old xbox broke, still got my old harddrive so no biggie.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
It is a normal XBox, it supports wireless :P

Just buy it, then buy a hard drive. Win-Win
Oh. Well heres a great deal if you happen to be looking for one. Arcade for $179 with Madden. Elite for $300

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Im gonna be getting the arcade soon too since my old xbox broke, still got my old harddrive so no biggie.
Thats what I did, its like my xbox never died, aside from the fact I'm out $200 and the part where the disc comes out is white now instead of silver...which I found odd.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Thats what I did, its like my xbox never died, aside from the fact I'm out $200 and the part where the disc comes out is white now instead of silver...which I found odd.
Yup, same thing for me!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

I'll be getting my brand new 360 sometime this week, can't wait. Gonna be grabbing Fable, and then Fable 2 and Fallout 3 once they come out. Then not much longer and i'll be playing Gears. Gonna be so awesome.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never played the first Fable but the second one looks ******* sick. Will I be able to jump right in to Fable 2 without ever having played the 1st?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

I think so, it's set like 500 years later so I'm pretty sure you can just hop in. Not 100% sure.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for all the help guys. I didn't really know if buying an Arcade would be the best idea, but i'm liking the Arcade, then HD, timeline. Also, d34ngelo, is that link legit? Arcade+Madden for 179 sounds like a hell of a deal.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: (wrong thread)

Yeah it is. Use the coupon code at Dell.com. Hopefully its not expired yet.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 10-11-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
EDIT: (wrong thread)

Yeah it is. Use the coupon code at Dell.com. Hopefully its not expired yet.
No it isn't, the code was already used and therefore doesn't work anymore.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
No it isn't, the code was already used and therefore doesn't work anymore.
Ah. Looking further into it (the comments), you are right.

Sorry Metsox.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Ah. Looking further into it (the comments), you are right.

Sorry Metsox.
It's cool... :(
Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to Fable 2 too, supposedly when Fable 1 came out it was way over-hyped so a lot of people were disappointed with it, but I didn't really follow the hype so I loved it. That's pretty much the same thing I did with Fable 2, and this one's supposed to actually live up to the hype, OXM gave it a 9.5/10.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing a lot of Silent Hill: Homecoming.

It's not too bad...reviews have been mixed (mostly good, though) but, I def. like it. Only thing that really urks me is the really, really, really crappy dodging system. Close combat is okay but, rather poor, imo and dodging is just awful, it doesnt work. Also, another galring problem is your flashlight...the game is dark as hell and your flashlight doesnt work properly, you cant even tell it's on in most cases....it just doesnt work. The fact that the game isnt scary is also a negative. Graphics arent up to todays standards but, it's really not all that bad given the fog and raining ash and such, so it covers up most of the bad stuff. haha.

As for the good...all the silent hill creepy's are back that everybody loves. (I'll admit it gets a little repititive w/ all these stupid nurses, though) Music is fantastic, voice acting is actually pretty good in comparison to most games, Lots of great cut scenes, fun boss battles, it stays pretty true to the series w/ the new developers, and hey the story actually makes a little sense this time around...it's straight forward enough.

Anyway, yeah it's not bad. Figured w/ some of the reviews I was reading it might be hit or miss but, it's a fun game and has kept be busy for a while. Anyone who likes this type of game should check it out...Doesnt matter if you havent played any of the previous games because, besides the setting there arent any links in terms of story telling. So, anyone could just pick this one up and know what is going on. Def. feels like a game on it's own so, no problems there. Good stuff, my friends.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got back from best buy with my new box. went with the 20 gb one. i got fifa 09 and will be getting ncaa 09 too probably soon.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've been playing a lot of Silent Hill: Homecoming.

It's not too bad...reviews have been mixed (mostly good, though) but, I def. like it. Only thing that really urks me is the really, really, really crappy dodging system. Close combat is okay but, rather poor, imo and dodging is just awful, it doesnt work. Also, another galring problem is your flashlight...the game is dark as hell and your flashlight doesnt work properly, you cant even tell it's on in most cases....it just doesnt work. The fact that the game isnt scary is also a negative. Graphics arent up to todays standards but, it's really not all that bad given the fog and raining ash and such, so it covers up most of the bad stuff. haha.

As for the good...all the silent hill creepy's are back that everybody loves. (I'll admit it gets a little repititive w/ all these stupid nurses, though) Music is fantastic, voice acting is actually pretty good in comparison to most games, Lots of great cut scenes, fun boss battles, it stays pretty true to the series w/ the new developers, and hey the story actually makes a little sense this time around...it's straight forward enough.

Anyway, yeah it's not bad. Figured w/ some of the reviews I was reading it might be hit or miss but, it's a fun game and has kept be busy for a while. Anyone who likes this type of game should check it out...Doesnt matter if you havent played any of the previous games because, besides the setting there arent any links in terms of story telling. So, anyone could just pick this one up and know what is going on. Def. feels like a game on it's own so, no problems there. Good stuff, my friends.

I played the original and it was so freakin hard, is this much of the same way? Alot of the time I was walking around in the fog, not knowing what to do next, I like hard gameplay but I at least wanted a little direction of what I needed to do...I may check this out but I hate that the Resident Evil series is only on ps3 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Legit deal for some $$ off of 360s.. I have tried this one (put it in my cart, entered the code) and it worked. $30 off arcade, $50 off of pro, and $70 off of elite. Free shipping as well, I believe.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea that does work. damn i just bought a 20 gb today too. should i return it and get the 60 instead...

will i need more than 20 gb for online?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

meh it gives me an error anytime i try to even checkout with it
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
yea that does work. damn i just bought a 20 gb today too. should i return it and get the 60 instead...

will i need more than 20 gb for online?
No, most likely not. I just got a 20 gb as well just under a month ago, I got like 16 gigs left lol, however im not much into the music thing, or demos and such.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been using the 10 gig before my xbox broke and its plenty of room at least i think its the 10 gig. And since i have that wireless router thing i can get all my music and movies from my computer wirelessly without wasting any space

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I played the original and it was so freakin hard, is this much of the same way? Alot of the time I was walking around in the fog, not knowing what to do next, I like hard gameplay but I at least wanted a little direction of what I needed to do...I may check this out but I hate that the Resident Evil series is only on ps3 :(
I though the game was pretty easy, myself. (The 360 one, that is) It's a good game.

Resident Evil 5 is coming out on the 360 atleast. Wish we had all of them on it somehow, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-16-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

I just got Tales Of Vesperia and i've been playing it for a few days now, just ordered Dead Space today. Should get here (hopefully) tomorrow. Looks really good.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
mav91
Rookie

mav91 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^ what do you think of tales of vesperia?..my friend said its pretty good as you get to do some combat and its not all turned based?..whats your take?
mav91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just rented dead space...probably play a little tonight. I was thinking about giving Mass effect a shot...I dont like the whole space scene, though. (even though Dead Space, is in "space", haha) I'll probably get it next time, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS