Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Name five receivers in the modern era better than marvin harrison...

edit: bonus points: name five receivers more productive than marvin harrison.
Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Cris Carter, Terrell Owens are four I'd put ahead off the top of my head.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing the insane number of non-holding calls. Every week I watch the games with a buddy of mine and it seems like at least 2 or 3 times a game one of us is like, "Did you see that holding!?! Holy crap!" Then we will rewind it and it's freakin blatant. Offensive linemen are tackling guys from behind, especially on the interior. Nothing pisses me off more than horrendous officiating, and the NFL is getting pretty god-awful.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing the insane number of non-holding calls. Every week I watch the games with a buddy of mine and it seems like at least 2 or 3 times a game one of us is like, "Did you see that holding!?! Holy crap!" Then we will rewind it and it's freakin blatant. Offensive linemen are tackling guys from behind, especially on the interior. Nothing pisses me off more than horrendous officiating, and the NFL is getting pretty god-awful.
Try making a drinking game of it. :D
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Try making a drinking game of it. :D
Ha, my liver wants to make it past Week 10.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Because I'm not going to convince you either way. You like receivers who play like vaginas, fine, whatever. I don't. We're not going to convince each other. It's not happening. There's a reason why pretty much any decent receiver in the league has a higher YPC and YAC than Marvin, excuses be damned.
There's a reason why every receiver in the league has less first downs than Marvin over the past few years, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Ha, my liver wants to make it past Week 10.
you mean week 8?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
you mean week 8?
depends on how many games I get to watch.

Need to stock up on some Tequila and Vodka.. going to need about 3-4 Half Gallons to make it to week 10.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
depends on how many games I get to watch.

Need to stock up on some Tequila and Vodka.. going to need about 3-4 Half Gallons to make it to week 10.
thats a hell of mix you got going on
Old 10-10-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
thats a hell of mix you got going on
If I'm doing 1 shot per bad call or non-called serious hold... I'm going to need to drink a lot.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Cris Carter, Terrell Owens are four I'd put ahead off the top of my head.
Are all four of those 'complete' receivers?

Hell no.

Besides, the first you list.. Randy Moss doesn't get much YAC... 3.9 over his career. Marvin Harrison? 3.3... Marvin statistically beats him though, and that's WHEN he had reggie wayne as well... He's beat people with great speed and route running...

And this list is a joke because you don't have jerry rice. That is pretty much killing all credentials in my book.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Are all four of those 'complete' receivers?

Hell no.

Besides, the first you list.. Randy Moss doesn't get much YAC... 3.9 over his career. Marvin Harrison? 3.3... Marvin statistically beats him though, and that's WHEN he had reggie wayne as well... He's beat people with great speed and route running...

And this list is a joke because you don't have jerry rice. That is pretty much killing all credentials in my book.
I didn't know how modern you wanted.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest props for Marvin Harrison for me is that a couple years ago when Moss and Owens and Marvin were all at their peak ESPN did an interview with corner backs and easily 70% of them asked said he was the hardest receiver to cover in the NFL. That means a lot more to me than stats ever can.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote