Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-12-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Matt Ryan before any of you. I will be saying 'I told you so' for years. Top QB in the league in five years.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons Rep Orgy!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I liked Matt Ryan before any of you. I will be saying 'I told you so' for years. Top QB in the league in five years.
You can do it all you want. I love him. Screw Glenn Dorsey.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was so amazing. Made my week. I went from bottum of the canyon to the top of the mountain in 5 seconds. I made a fool of myself, but I love it. Honestly the best game day I have ever had as a Falcons fan.

And I want to say this: I don't care what Bears fans say, the better team won today. The final score shouldn't have been within 10. We settled for too many field goals and missed one. It should have been a two possetion game. The better team won today, and I love it. We were better in all facets of the game.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Matt Ryan also just did what Vick never did, have a 300 yard passing game. Also, Ryan is truly clutch. I love him, no ****.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Why you dont deserve the rep you have. Your STs did play much better than ours.
GOOOOOOO FALCONS! WOOOOOHOOOOOO

How bout Matt Ryan (man I'm glad our FO knows more than me)
How bout Jamaal Anderson (played like a STUD today, all day, pressures, pushing his guy around, TFL, Sack knocked down passes...who was this guy?)
One game doesn't make him legit yet, but it gives him something to build from.

MICHAEL JENKINS, HARRY DOUGLAS, BRIAN FINNERAN (minus the easy drop) and....ROWDY RODDY WHITE! (Yeah Carolina's WRs are better! HAHAHA!) Way to step it up boys!

I LOVE THE FALCONS!

We need to cherish this right now, because we have to get a good gameplan to go into Philly and have a chance...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was a pretty epic game guys. Matt Ryan look like a 10 year vet they way he picked apart our secondary, he looks like he's gonna be great. Sucks that we lost, but great way to finish the game.

And thanks to those of you classy Falcon fans that didn't feel the need to come to the Bears board and feel compelled to act like a classless dbag. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah Ryan is the man, I dont know what there is to be gained by trying to rub "who liked him first" it in people faces but ok.

This team is special...im starting to think playoffs. Ryan actually made me feel more safe throwing than Turner did running. Didnt get much going today.

What about JA98! Huge plays..will any of you guys who constantly bash the guy give props to those who urged patience. There were guys everywhere bagging him AND anyone who had not totally given up on him
Old 10-12-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Also here is a question. After 6 weeks who is more legit at their position? Michael Turner or Matt Ryan? Ryan starting to play better against top competition.

Vick would never of been able to do what Ryan did today. Im in awe
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Yeah Ryan is the man, I dont know what there is to be gained by trying to rub "who liked him first" it in people faces but ok.

This team is special...im starting to think playoffs. Ryan actually made me feel more safe throwing than Turner did running. Didnt get much going today.

What about JA98! Huge plays..will any of you guys who constantly bash the guy give props to those who urged patience. There were guys everywhere bagging him AND anyone who had not totally given up on him
Because everyone else was mad when we drafted him.

And it feels good to be so right.

Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game, my heart wasnt racing that fast for a long time.
Our Defense played horribly, no pass rush at all and without the 2 CBs, Matt Ryan did an awesome job. Its gonna hard for the falcons to get into the playoffs since they have such a strong division but that FO made some ridiculous moves in one season

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 10-12-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Your offense played well but its not playoff caliber yet. You got a ton of yards but 4 FGs wont cut it. The Bears always give up a lot of passing yards, it's the points we dont give up a lot of. Your D didnt play great either.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also here is a question. After 6 weeks who is more legit at their position? Michael Turner or Matt Ryan? Ryan starting to play better against top competition.

Vick would never of been able to do what Ryan did today. Im in awe
Turner by a huge margin but it doesnt matter. QB is much more valuable than RB.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Hrmm...Falcons by a FG...I must be nuts...

I love it...I want all my rep back from the Bears fans who took it away. But it won't happen, and it doesn't really matter. But can I get a HELL YA for the Birds today?!
I'm pretty sure I never neg-repped you, but regardless. Falcons won. Could have gone either way obviously. We had a banged up secondary and our pass-rushed sucked. I really hated our defensive gameplan overall, but we almost won in the end so I guess I can't be that critical.

Good luck going forward. Falcons might be closer to the rest of the NFC South than I thought.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Because everyone else was mad when we drafted him.

And it feels good to be so right.
I for one wasnt mad. Left Tackle was always, first and foremost, what i wanted corrected and therefore (presuming we might have an elite tackle there at #3) became a fan of Flacco in the #2nd. In saying that i completely understood the thought process behind drafting Ryan. If i had known that we would have pulled that trade and Baker would of played the way he would so far then there would be even less chance of me being mad at anyone we drafted at #3...yet alone the clear cut #1 QB

Anyway thats all ill say about that.

How about our O Line today, they didnt seem too fluent in the running came but gave Ryan time to throw. Sometimes i think Dahl Clabo and Blalocks pass blocking is under-rated.

Our defense is frustrating at times but overall i think its ok. Today we put "bend but dont break" to the real test (4th and goal). They seem, and rightfully so, preoccupied with preventing explosive plays. I dont mind that philosophy. Coaches and players just neeed time to build up some more trust with each other before we start sending many blitzes.

Seriously though BEST GAME EVER

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-12-2008 at 03:57 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Turner by a huge margin but it doesnt matter. QB is much more valuable than RB.
Yeah I still think we are under-utilising Jerious Norwood though, he is a great big play RB

Seriously though, what i wouldnt give for Devin Hester...

He looked pretty good as a WR today, definately has Elite speed WR potential. You guys need to really hone those route running and catching skills and you could end up with Santana Moss, Steve Smith or a Lee Evans down the road. LOL at Grimes crapping himself and just giving up the flag when Hester beat him of the snap

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-12-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game. Epic win. We should not have let the Bears get so close in the first place, but they did come back and turn on the jets in the 2nd half.

And I dont understand why Bama needs to continue saying 'I told you so' so much. You can do it, but no one is going to care.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Great game. Epic win. We should not have let the Bears get so close in the first place, but they did come back and turn on the jets in the 2nd half.

And I dont understand why Bama needs to continue saying 'I told you so' so much. You can do it, but no one is going to care.
Your'e just mad you were wrong. Had Glenn Dorsey succeeded and Ryan failed, everyone would say that we should have taken Dorsey over Ryan like they wanted.

Get off my back.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

WOW.

That was an incredible game. It would have totally killed our momentum to have lost that, and to have to dwell on it over the bye week. Now we have FANTASTIC momentum to carry into the bye, and really push for a playoff spot.

Ryan is a franchise QB. I always said (and don't give me the "i told you so", because I was right next to Bama on the Ryan wagon leading up to the draft) that Ryan would only ever be a top 10, not top 5 QB, but I'm starting to reassess. He has just been incredible. If Peyton Manning had thrown that game against the Bears D, people would be praising him for a great game. For a rookie to do it was incredible. The fact that he was facing backup corners DOES make a difference, but it was still impressive.

Good for JA98. More to come, I hope...

Bit depressing that our D was bossed by the Bears O in the second half, but when it comes down to it they did enough early - and almost every team gives up yards when in prevent.

Sweet. We have all three division rivals at home to come. If we win all three - and we are tough at home - we are SERIOUS playoff contenders.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

We ar 4-2!!!

What an amazing win!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your'e just mad you were wrong. Had Glenn Dorsey succeeded and Ryan failed, everyone would say that we should have taken Dorsey over Ryan like they wanted.

Get off my back.
Its not like I was 'wrong.' I would have preferred Glenn Dorsey on draft day, yes, but I also liked Matt Ryan a lot. I figured if we drafted him, we had the chance at a franchise QB like Manning, Brady, or Palmer, which is just invaluable.

And I am not on your back. Chill.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-12-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

By the way:

30 passes.
Not one sack.
Against the Bears D.

Amazing.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
WOW.

That was an incredible game. It would have totally killed our momentum to have lost that, and to have to dwell on it over the bye week. Now we have FANTASTIC momentum to carry into the bye, and really push for a playoff spot.

Ryan is a franchise QB. I always said (and don't give me the "i told you so", because I was right next to Bama on the Ryan wagon leading up to the draft) that Ryan would only ever be a top 10, not top 5 QB, but I'm starting to reassess. He has just been incredible. If Peyton Manning had thrown that game against the Bears D, people would be praising him for a great game. For a rookie to do it was incredible. The fact that he was facing backup corners DOES make a difference, but it was still impressive.

Good for JA98. More to come, I hope...

Bit depressing that our D was bossed by the Bears O in the second half, but when it comes down to it they did enough early - and almost every team gives up yards when in prevent.

Sweet. We have all three division rivals at home to come. If we win all three - and we are tough at home - we are SERIOUS playoff contenders.
Agree and if you really want to get into it, Those wanting a cornerstone at left tackle are not wrong at all. I mean Glenn Dorsey may well look like the better pic now if Baker was a flop and Ryan was throwing under pressure like the 1st half against the Bucs week in week out.

It seriously looked like #55 and #98 had switched jerseys for a while there. I mean 21 weeks of nothing but from the 21st to 22nd week he changes from drunkenly spinning round in circles and falling over (somewhat like me on Saturday night) to anticipating, getting pressure and getting his arms up at the right time. You watch, i bet Anderson gets another sack next week.

Now with Anderson showing a flash, if we can have Laurent get healthy and start developing into a #2 i think SS and DT are the only two REAL impact FA/1st round positions next year. Sure, you could argue CB, but give them time. Jackson and Foxworth have potential too. To me Robinson kinda reminds me of a poor mans Reggie Wayne, he just needs to show it

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-12-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Agree and if you really want to get into it, Those wanting a cornerstone at left tackle are not wrong at all. I mean Glenn Dorsey may well look like the better pic now if Baker was a flop and Ryan was throwing under pressure like the 1st half against the Bucs week in week out.

It seriously looked like #55 and #98 had switches jerseys for a while there. i mean 21 weeks of nothing but from the 21st to 22nd week he changes from drunkenly spinning round in circles and falling over (somewhat like me on a Saturday night) to anticipating, getting pressure and getting his arms up at the right time. You watch, i bet Anderson gets another sack next week.

Now with Anderson showing a flash, if we can have Laurent get healthy and start developing into a #2 i think SS and DT are the only two REAL impact FA/1st round positions next year. Sure, you could argue CB, but give them time. Jackson and Foxworth have potential too.
Jackson was drafted as a nickel and Foxworth is gone after this year. We need a CB.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
By the way:

30 passes.
Not one sack.
Against the Bears D.

Amazing.
Its good yeah, but their pass rush is pretty bad. They couldnt sack Griese once and he had 67 pass attempts.