Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-12-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Jackson was drafted as a nickel and Foxworth is gone after this year. We need a CB.
I agree about Foxworth unless he gets a chance to show his skills on the feild. Jackson, i wouldnt so fast to pigeon hole him, the guy has some good ball skills man- he is a nice fit, we will see though...I want a stud safety though, in our scheme a safety could perhaps have as big of an impact as a CB.

It seriously is like a real life Madden Franchise, loaded with young players, and pretty much all of them doing what you want them to do AND winning
Old 10-12-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Madden, our whole team needs to get better. The whole OL has been upped except McClure, but they all need to get better. Turner, Roddy, Harry Douglas, Matt Ryan most of all, Babineaux, Grady, Boley, Houston, and Milloy all need to get better ratings.

I don't play Madden that much, but thats my opinion. I'm more of a NCAA guy video games wise.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not have online access to get their ratings up. :(

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks. PS3 free online, I connect the ethernet chord to the same place my computer's ethernet chord connects to.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Speaking of Madden, our whole team needs to get better. The whole OL has been upped except McClure, but they all need to get better. Turner, Roddy, Harry Douglas, Matt Ryan most of all, Babineaux, Grady, Boley, Houston, and Milloy all need to get better ratings.

I don't play Madden that much, but thats my opinion. I'm more of a NCAA guy video games wise.
Man until they fix the franchise bugs im not buying another copy. I barely get time to play it anyway and i didnt have xbox live for my 360 so i couldnt get roster updates, when you combine that with the fact that my team sucked i passed on 2009.

They better have Harvey Dahl AND A PIC with his biker beard in the next game i can picture it now 85 ovr pblk 80 rblk 90+..an angry..angry man.

Also if we draft a safety in round 1 how the heck do we manage it. For eg we take William Moore, Do we bench Milloy? Cut Milloy? Make them share snaps? Sit Moore? Play them both in different packages?. I want Milloy around to teach the new safety and out of respect for the guy. Like Jake Long/Turner last year, William Moore/Albert Haynesworth are my early rd 1/FA pics for 2009

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-12-2008 at 04:43 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I believe Milloy's contract is up after this year. If we do re-sign him I would guess it would be in a situational role, on run downs.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we'd be wise to extend him a year maybe 2, let him retire here, and let him break in whoever our SS is going to be.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow...*** Orc Wang neg repped me AGAIN even after everything. Classless...he's not supposed to be on our boards anyway right now. Wonder if the mods will remove that for me.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

I remember when i wanted Justin Tuck in the draft, his knock was his size. Since then he has laid on 20lbs of muscle. If im JA im ringing that guy and asking for his workout regime, his diet AND his choice of juic...errr..i mean protein supplement. JA can stay 280lbs, but it needs to be a more athletic body type..good thing he is only 22
Old 10-12-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
I believe Milloy's contract is up after this year. If we do re-sign him I would guess it would be in a situational role, on run downs.
I could see that, perhaps Moore to FS on run downs for Coleman and SS on pass downs for Milloy. Seriously though, we all want a sick safety, but honestly, Milloy goes 10x better than Brooking. Only thing stopping me wanting to upgrade is a) limited draft choices and b) I love Steven Nicolas so much so that i think he may end up the best in the Nicolas Lofton and Boley LBers group
Old 10-12-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Wow...*** Orc Wang neg repped me AGAIN even after everything. Classless...he's not supposed to be on our boards anyway right now. Wonder if the mods will remove that for me.
dont worry about rep dude.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
dont worry about rep dude.
I agree, could care less about my forum rep, BUT i could care even less about taking the time to neg rep someone else. People take 'em selves way to seriously. But hey this forum is far better than AFMB anyday even when ilox and bama get stuck into it! lol
Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously after today, A big play DB is needed. Our CBs got worked all day long. Sure they made some play, but they had to make those plays b/c they gave up so much on the previous plays. Grimes is not good, he is small, not physical, definitely need and upgrade.

Right now, and after the way our WRs played today, DB is def first round pick for us and right now our draft position is getting better for William Moore.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be boring without iloxy and bama. I just hope you guys can stay clean here, so we dont lose any of you. Im pretty sure we are the most active team out of all.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Matt Ryan proved himself, and your O-line completely stumped our D-line in pass protection. I dont think we should have lost but damn, Matt Ryan, he appears to be something special. (I am not prone to jumping to conclusions 6 games in, he still needs to do it over the course of this year). Epic ending. Ryan made a perfect pass.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah you guys are right, sorry to side track this, I just was frustrated that someone who wasn't supposed to be in our forum was and I got neg repped for it too. Obviously I'm not too concerned with rep, but stuff like that bugs me.

Other things that bug me:

Defense went a little soft towards the end of the game, need to keep the pressure coming...biggest problem I saw was we put Kroy out there, maybe our DL needed spelled, but at that point in the game it's time to dig deep and get some more and get pressure with our best players out there.

Boley...nothing spectacular, should have had a pick, but he's doing well, and fitting into the defense. I like that about him. Last year he was on the verge of stardom, this year he's been reduced to roleplayer, he's keeping his mouth shut and going to work. I appreciate that in him.

Brent Grimes, why does he turn away from the ball so often? Stop and change directions, don't spin and lose sight of the player you're supposed to be defending.

Officiating in this game was pretty poor as well. Clabo should not have been flagged, Roddy should have had that earlier touchdown. That was a really bad call. Plenty of holding penalties ignored again, and some were so blatant I couldn't believe it. They did get a couple of calls right which was good, that double fumble play, but overall I felt like they were a little less than what an officiating crew is supposed to be.

Great things to take and build from this week.

1.) We stuck to the run game, sure it didn't come up big like we wanted it to, but guess what, we won the game because we were able to control the ball. So know we have Ryan who can make the throws, but don't give up on the run game even when they're struggling.

2.) Jamaal Anderson. I'm not going to overreact and say he's legit, he's not, he did play one great game though. That's exactly what a DE opposite John Abraham is supposed to do. For the first time he was quick off the snap consistently, he was playing like he knew he belonged out there. It appeared as if it clicked for him this week in practice and it carried over into the game, wow. More impressive than the coverage sack he got, were the two defensed passes and 2 TFLs. Good job today boy...keep it up and we'll give you your man card.

3.) Wide Receivers: I know there were a lot of people calling me stupid basically by saying that Roddy White and Steve Smith are a push...today further proves my point...and as the list of our WRs goes on and on, it's obvious that we have depth there, and we have playmakers spattered throughout our WR corps. Put Robinson back in that mix and that's lookin real solid. MIKE JENKINS ATA BOY!

4.) Offensive Line: this should go much higher up but I don't wanna move it and renumber, I'm lazy. DAG GUM! These guys served notice today if you wanna beat us, you'd better work your behinds off. These Atlanta Falcons Offensive Linemen get to work. Very nice job today

5.) Matt Ryan: I'm all aboard on this bandwagon. I saw the most beautiful pass thrown today, when he dropped the ball in on the right side just over the shallow DB and just under the over the top help, 3 Bears 1 Falcon...only our WR had any sort of a chance at the ball and he got it down where our WR didn't have to take a shot. He did hang Roddy out once today, but it didn't hurt him. That shot Mike Brown put on him in the endzone scared me because of his head injury. The poise he showed, okay we all expected that (not this early though) its the arm strength that was my biggest question mark. But it's like the kid has it when he needs it, sometimes he floats some he shouldn't but he's learning when to put the zip there. But a couple of throws today I was like, wow, no way that was Matt Ryan...

Last edited by iloxygenil : 10-12-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
It would be boring without iloxy and bama. I just hope you guys can stay clean here, so we dont lose any of you. Im pretty sure we are the most active team out of all.
hell ya we are, mostly b/c we are all young and actually have football knowledge.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa, We stirred up a lot of ****. It was my bad for going in there and saying anything. Thank you guys for covering for me. Atl and bama i think. Jbond had his hands full, im glad it's over and we can go to a bye week now and be in good mood for two weeks thinking about this game. Can't lose focus though, The eagles will be tought, especially playing in philly, im glad we get extra time to prepare.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-12-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Matt Ryan welcomes the blitz. He eats blitzes for breakfast.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

dunagan, i told we were gonna win.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-12-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We're shocking the world. How many people thought we were gonna win 4 or less? (cough...bama) We have 4 already. We were last in the power rankings. The NFLDC boards voted us the worst team in the NFL. This is a good way to say, we are better than you think. I give a lot of credit to Mike Smith and TD, for drafting Ryan and doing everything right with him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
dunagan, i told we were gonna win.
haha, ya I bet you wont say that again that early though...that was scary.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Whoa, We stirred up a lot of ****. It was my bad for going in there and saying anything. Thank you guys for covering for me. Atl and bama i think. Jbond had his hands full, im glad it's over and we can go to a bye week now and be in good mood for two weeks thinking about this game. Can't lose focus though, The eagles will be tought, especially playing in philly, im glad we get extra time to prepare.
So do they, it just so happens that they have a bye week the same time we do. Go figure.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post

Boley...nothing spectacular, should have had a pick, but he's doing well, and fitting into the defense. I like that about him. Last year he was on the verge of stardom, this year he's been reduced to roleplayer, he's keeping his mouth shut and going to work. I appreciate that in him.

Brian Van Gorder has been our biggest blunder. He's a bad DC. For some reason he keeps dropping Boley into coverage.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
haha, ya I bet you wont say that again that early though...that was scary.
haha i'll say it in the first quarter if it comes out to be a great game like today way. lol, i was like holy **** did I just jinx 'em???!?

Quote:
we all hate you