Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's between Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. They're just the most complete WR's out of the ones you mentioned.

Of all of those, i'd take Marshall first, in an instant.
I dont know, id prefer Colston somehow

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Larry Fitzgerald is the same age or younger than Colston and Jennings and only a year older than Marshall and Bowe. And White is older than all of them.
Hence, "others"

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's between Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. They're just the most complete WR's out of the ones you mentioned.

Of all of those, i'd take Marshall first, in an instant.
As I asked before, what's not complete about Jennings? I'm not arguing he's not. but saying" he's not complete" without an example or two is rubbish and rather obtuse.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
As I asked before, what's not complete about Jennings? I'm not arguing he's not. but saying" he's not complete" without an example or two is rubbish and rather obtuse.
Funny how you put quotation marks on "he's not complete" as if you were quoting me as saying it. Your post is rubbish, not mine.

Not once did i say he isn't complete, but i would prefer taking Marshall. Their hands and route running are a wash, but i'd take Marshall's size and physicality over Jennings quickness and agility. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I dont know, id prefer Colston somehow
I'd take Marshall's edge in the speed, quickness and agility department. Besides, Marshall can truck through DB's as good as anyone not named Boldin.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take Marshall's edge in the speed, quickness and agility department. Besides, Marshall can truck through DB's as good as anyone not named Boldin.
yea gotcha, i just like that guy. Big Strong, incredible hands and only working for the team

Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you for showing up to defend Jennings as I came across this thread late with that same intention.

Jennings is elite. There's no question about it anymore.

He was good his rookie year. Great last year. Elite this year.

He really has no weakness. He doesn't drop balls. He's about as good of a route runner as they come. He can make the catch anywhere on the field. Either he or Driver takes the cake as best YAC receiver in the league. He's easily the best deep-threat in the league. He's absolutely clutch... the guy has it all.

No, he isn't a huge receiver which is what we've all come to expect from the elite group, but he's got decent size and he is always open and always making big plays.

Stats of Jennings : 1st Season - 632 yrd, 3 TD. 2nd Season - 920 yrd, 12 TD. 3rd Season (6 games) - 653 yrd, 4 TD.

He's currently on pace for 1741 yards and 11 TDs on a Packers team with another legit number one in Driver and an offense that prides itself on spreading the ball.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at all the receivers in this thread, and no mention of MALCOLM FLOYD? wtffffff.

Yes I'm kidding, what is wrong with you? :D

I am however very curious as to how Vincent Jackson's season will end up, especially if this Chambers injury lingers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Look at all the receivers in this thread, and no mention of MALCOLM FLOYD? wtffffff.

Yes I'm kidding, what is wrong with you? :D

I am however very curious as to how Vincent Jackson's season will end up, especially if this Chambers injury lingers.
Vincent Jackson has been one of my favorite young WR's for two years already, and i've been waiting for him to explode. Hope the Chambers injury means more looks to him.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Rivers to lean on Jackson a lot more now after yesterday's performance. Those two were exceptional in the playoffs a year ago. It's taken a while but, maybe they're finally on the same page. Could lead to a more prominent role for Jackson in the offense. He is a fantastic talent, guy is going to be a star.

As for Roddy...guy has amazingly quick hands. He has a distinct way of catching the ball, it's like a lightning quick motion. I love it. He has improved by leaps and bounds and is turning into quite the special player. Ryan to White is going to be fun to watch for a long time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-13-2008 at 03:47 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Why do people throw around the word elite so often?

Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Why do people throw around the word elite so often?
Because Americans have trouble using other more appropriate words.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Because Americans have trouble using other more appropriate words.
its like elite became the new "great"

Old 10-13-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy has all of the tools. He has the size, the speed, the power, the athleticism, everything. He can makes catches anywhere on the field. He gets more seperation than just about any receiver.

The only thing he doesn't do amazingly is catch the ball consistently. He can make the great catch, and he doesn't drop a lot of balls, but he does drop more than he should. Kind of like Terrell Owens.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I fully expect Rivers to lean on Jackson a lot more now after yesterday's performance. Those two were exceptional in the playoffs a year ago. It's taken a while but, maybe they're finally on the same page. Could lead to a more prominent role for Jackson in the offense. He is a fantastic talent, guy is going to be a star.
What was the deal with Buster Davis named as a starter last night and doing nothing at all. I know it was Malcolm Floyd's type of game as John Madden said a million times but I don't think Davis was on the field once
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, people use the term "elite" way too liberally. In my opinion there are about 25-35 "elite" players in the NFL and usually no more than two or three per position, but no more than five. I'm Greg Jennings' biggest fan outside of Wisconsin, but he is in no way an elite player. He's an excellent or great player, but I think elite should be used for the best of the best.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I was hesitant to rave about him after last year because he essentially had a second half run much like Chris Chambers did a couple years ago with the Dolphins.

But now that I have gotten to see him play the past 4 weeks, he can physically match up with the top WRs in the game. He has the ability to seaparate from any CB in the league and his hands are glue downfield. He was considered a raw project when he came into the game and now that he has refined his route running and plan to defeat the press coverage, he is lethal. He is not just a downfield threat either, he is dangerous on 3rd downs when the chains need to be moved.

While he may not be in the Terrell Owens-Randy Moss tier yet, he could be there by season's end. I think he is right behind them ahead of the likes of Edwards, Burress, Johnson, Housh. Where do you rank him?
top 3. He is htat good IMO.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm Greg Jennings' biggest fan outside of Wisconsin, but he is in no way an elite player. He's an excellent or great player, but I think elite should be used for the best of the best.
I never claimed Jennings was " elite" for the record. However, so far this season he is statistically, the best of the best ;)

Roddy white a top three receiver in the NFL? Not too sure about that to say the least.

they get smoked.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
What was the deal with Buster Davis named as a starter last night and doing nothing at all. I know it was Malcolm Floyd's type of game as John Madden said a million times but I don't think Davis was on the field once
He didn't play a snap. Apparently he is injured again, this time a groin. Buster is really confusing because once in a blue moon he emerges and catches some first downs and looks smooth as hell. But then again, he has 24 career catches in two years so far. If I had to wager a guess I'd say he's on his way towards being the first AJ Smith #1 pick bust since Sammy "The Candyman" Davis.

Then again, with Chambers getting a sprained ankle, maybe he'll get more time. Who knows. As long as Rivers is doing a mad bomber impression it doesn't look like it matters.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's improving a lot but he's nowhere near the top 10 or even 15 in my opinion
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never claimed Jennings was " elite" for the record. However, so far this season he is statistically, the best of the best ;)

Roddy white a top three receiver in the NFL? Not too sure about that to say the least.
Thing is though, and again this is just my opinion, you need to constantly be one of the best at your position. In 2004 Joe Horn and Muhsin Muhammad were statistically the best receivers in football. Would anyone ever say that either of them were elite at any point in their career?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thing is though, and again this is just my opinion, you need to constantly be one of the best at your position. In 2004 Joe Horn and Muhsin Muhammad were statistically the best receivers in football. Would anyone ever say that either of them were elite at any point in their career?
Joe Horn is an elite celebrator
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My wink didn't translate sarcasm well... Just giving you some crap.

they get smoked.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would have to say the year Moose led the league in everything he performed at an elite level, so yes. I believe you can be elite within the confines of a specific season but not be considered an "elite" player--to suggest otherwise leads to some tricky logical quandraries.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Elite receivers are either game changers like Fitgerald, Moss, Smith and Owens that only come along every couple of decades.

Probowl are guys like Jennings, White, Houshmanzadeh, Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Colston

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote