Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-13-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, Bruce Johnson continues to be an embarrassment, just like the rest of our secondary. I can't wait til these guys are gone. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Wright, but it's absolutely repulsive that he has Bruce Johnson #4 in his CB rankings right now. It's become obvious to be that he's not watching the same Bruce Johnson, and there must be another one on our team. That's my only explanation.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
BTW, Bruce Johnson continues to be an embarrassment, just like the rest of our secondary. I can't wait til these guys are gone. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Wright, but it's absolutely repulsive that he has Bruce Johnson #4 in his CB rankings right now. It's become obvious to be that he's not watching the same Bruce Johnson, and there must be another one on our team. That's my only explanation.
He got torched in the UNC game but he has been decent in the rest. He's not nearly as bad as Chavez Grant, Carlos Armour or DVD.

Bruce and Brandon Harris are our only 2 decent CBs.

Bruce will probably never be anything special but at least he holds his own on most plays which is alot more then the other guys do. People are constantly running right by Armour and Grant and constantly throwing DVD out of the way. With Bruce they do neither. If he isn't there it's usually a busted coverage and they aren't always his fault (Reddick, Nicolas and Ponder have been atrocious) .

I think he'll be fine at the next level. He isn't a shutdown CB but he gets the job done. You have to realize, he gets ZERO help from the rest of the secondary, it makes him look alot worse then he really is.

Besides, isn't he the team leader in INTs?

Outside of that horrible game against UNC he's been alrite.

He's basically another Marcus Maxey. He'll go in the 5th/6th rounds on the NFL draft.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong thread.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
He got torched in the UNC game but he has been decent in the rest. He's not nearly as bad as Chavez Grant, Carlos Armour or DVD.

Bruce will probably never be anything special but at least he holds his own on most plays which is alot more then the other guys do. People are constantly running right by Armour and Grant and constantly throwing DVD out of the way. With Bruce they do neither. If he isn't there it's usually a busted coverage and they aren't always his fault (Reddick, Nicolas and Ponder have been atrocious) .

I think he'll be fine at the next level. He isn't a shutdown CB but he gets the job done. You have to realize, he gets ZERO help from the rest of the secondary, it makes him look alot worse then he really is.

He's basically another Marcus Maxey. He'll go in the 5th/6th rounds on the NFL draft.
Marcus Maxey. That's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I remember how much people were loving his size and speed going into the draft. I guess there's more to football than being tall and fast afterall.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still remember him as "Marvelous"

What's ya name?
Marvelous
Whatcha do?
Hold my nuts
How you do it?
With two hands and a smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Marcus Maxey. That's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I remember how much people were loving his size and speed going into the draft. I guess there's more to football than being tall and fast afterall.
Yea he was overrated but FWIW, he did about as much here at Miami as what Bruce Johnson has done. Maxey sucked in the pros but he had a decent niche for us here.

Problem with Bruce Johnson isn't his talent. It's that we are trying to have him be our go to guy at CB and he's better off as a number 2/nickel guy.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jerry. I 've heard many people say Armstrong is 210. But we both have different perspectives on where he would play and I respect that.

Also, DVD has not been so bad. None of the corners have done enough to get seperated from each other.

BTW Anthony Reddick has actually been the only real bright spot in the secondary. IDK what you saw but Reddick has been doing well.

Im hoping that McCarthy and Moncur get redshirts.

Allen Bailey had his breakout game. Even though he has been impressive early in the year in other games.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomar View Post
Jerry. I 've heard many people say Armstrong is 210. But we both have different perspectives on where he would play and I respect that.

Also, DVD has not been so bad. None of the corners have done enough to get seperated from each other.

BTW Anthony Reddick has actually been the only real bright spot in the secondary. IDK what you saw but Reddick has been doing well.

Im hoping that McCarthy and Moncur get redshirts.

Allen Bailey had his breakout game. Even though he has been impressive early in the year in other games.
DVD has been very bad. Dude he is losing PT to Carlos Armour. Your sipping the juice on that one. He has been thrown around by bigger (heck even some smaller ones at Charleston Southern) WRs all year. DVD has been our 4th CB behind Bruce Johnson, Chavez Grant, Brandon Harris all year and these last 2 games he has been losing time to Armour. I don't know what've you been watching but as bad as our CBs have looked, the fact he is the worst out of all of them speaks volumes. When he does hit the field, he has looked pretty bad. He wasn't even close to making a play on what ended up being the game winning TD against UNC. He was toasted. Our DBs are the worst part of our defense and your using the fact that he hasn't separated himself from the others as a reason he isn't so bad? I think he actually got worse from last year (althought I think that's cause he doesn't fit the new system)

Anthony Reddick has been a bright spot? Dude again, I don't know what you've been watching. The only bright spot I've seen has been Brandon Harris. Randy Shannon has been saying all year how we aren't tackling well. Reddick and Sharpton have been the 2 biggest problems in that area. Reddick doesn't tackle anyone. He let Antione Smith run by him to seal the deal for FSU. He has been average at best and there are numerous coverage breakdowns where I see break a step to late and let guys get by him.

You can stop hoping that Cracker and Moncur get shirts. It ain't happening. I've read it, insiders confirmed it and now SuperKevin comes and confirms it. How many people have to tell you before you believe it?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can stop hoping that Cracker and Moncur get shirts. It ain't happening. I've read it, insiders confirmed it and now SuperKevin comes and confirms it. How many people have to tell you before you believe it?
Thanks for making me feel important :)
Old 10-14-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Thanks for making me feel important :)
No deserve it for that sweet throwback avatar.

Reminds me of my childhood.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
DVD has been very bad. Dude he is losing PT to Carlos Armour. Your sipping the juice on that one. He has been thrown around by bigger (heck even some smaller ones at Charleston Southern) WRs all year. DVD has been our 4th CB behind Bruce Johnson, Chavez Grant, Brandon Harris all year and these last 2 games he has been losing time to Armour. I don't know what've you been watching but as bad as our CBs have looked, the fact he is the worst out of all of them speaks volumes. When he does hit the field, he has looked pretty bad. He wasn't even close to making a play on what ended up being the game winning TD against UNC. He was toasted. Our DBs are the worst part of our defense and your using the fact that he hasn't separated himself from the others as a reason he isn't so bad? I think he actually got worse from last year (althought I think that's cause he doesn't fit the new system)

Anthony Reddick has been a bright spot? Dude again, I don't know what you've been watching. The only bright spot I've seen has been Brandon Harris. Randy Shannon has been saying all year how we aren't tackling well. Reddick and Sharpton have been the 2 biggest problems in that area. Reddick doesn't tackle anyone. He let Antione Smith run by him to seal the deal for FSU. He has been average at best and there are numerous coverage breakdowns where I see break a step to late and let guys get by him.

DVD has not fit this system well, but he has not been atrocious. I wish he could get back on track. We need him to step up.

Brandon Harris has had ups and downs.

Reddick has actually made some plays. FSU game hurts him. And BTW it was everyones fault for letting Smith get by them for the 20 yard TD. Nobody stepped up to tackle.

I pray for Moncur and McCarthy but you could be right.

I just want W's. I dont care how ugly the win is. W's are going to help us in recruiting.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Seriously the only chance Moncur and McCarthy have of getting a redshirt is if you all play in the ACC title game and a bowl game. If you don't do both of those things, they will have played too many games to qualify.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's just the fact that Scott has him ranked NUMBER FOUR in his CB rankings. NUMBER FOUR!? That is more than ridiculous. he has him over guys such as Mike Mickens, Joe Burnett, Victor Harris, and Kevin Barnes. I would take any of these guys 1000 times over before I would take Bruce Johnson, and I'm a HUGE Canes fan. I wouldn't wish him on the New England Patriots. Well, maybe just them. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The mission now becomes clear: Win the division and play in that god damned championship game!!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
It's just the fact that Scott has him ranked NUMBER FOUR in his CB rankings. NUMBER FOUR!? That is more than ridiculous. he has him over guys such as Mike Mickens, Joe Burnett, Victor Harris, and Kevin Barnes. I would take any of these guys 1000 times over before I would take Bruce Johnson, and I'm a HUGE Canes fan. I wouldn't wish him on the New England Patriots. Well, maybe just them. :)
Scott rarely updates his rankings during the season. I'd expect a major shakeup come January
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
The mission now becomes clear: Win the division and play in that god damned championship game!!
Amen to that!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
DVD has not fit this system well, but he has not been atrocious. I wish he could get back on track. We need him to step up.

Brandon Harris has had ups and downs.

Reddick has actually made some plays. FSU game hurts him. And BTW it was everyones fault for letting Smith get by them for the 20 yard TD. Nobody stepped up to tackle.

I just want W's. I dont care how ugly the win is. W's are going to help us in recruiting.
Atrocious no, but he's been very bad and has seemed to get worse every week.

Of course Harris has had ups and downs. All the true Frosh have. But damn when he looks go, he looks really good. You can see the talent. His only really bad game was against FSU and their 6'5 monster WRs. You can tell just by watching him that he is going to be a player for us.

It was Reddick's fault for missing the tackle on Smith. Watch the play. Reddick was the one guy that had a clean shot at him. Everyone else was blocked or schemed out of that play. 2 guys got a hand on him about a yard from the endzone but Reddick had a shot to bring Smith down at the 10 and instead of wrapping him up, he let Smith run right thru an arm tackle like he lets everyone run thru arm tackles. He has made some plays yes but he has also blown just as many as he has made.

We are gonna do well recruiting regardless of W's. I want them of course regardless of how they come but more then anything I want to see progress. I see loads of progress on the defense. We are top 20 in the country on defense which is huge considering how often they are on the field. We are gonna have a monster D for a long time once we get more depth at CB and DT as well as these kids getting more experience and growth.

I'm just worried about Patrick Nix. We have the talent on offense but we have no one there to utilize that talent the proper way. Nix needs to go and we need to get back to what works for us. Pro-style, big tough RBs behind a good in line blocking OL, build off the play action, use the TEs and big physical WRs over the middle to set up the speedy guys downfield. It's really not that hard but Nix can't do it.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Quote:
Seriously the only chance Moncur and McCarthy have of getting a redshirt is if you all play in the ACC title game and a bowl game. If you don't do both of those things, they will have played too many games to qualify.
wait if I remember correctly.

McCarthy played 4 games: CSU, UF, Tex A&M, UNC

Moncur played 4 games: UF limited, Tex A&M limited, UNC, FSU

I just hope for a miracle.

But we actually have young studs that can take over these players spots.

Arthur Brown or Jordan Futch over McCarthy if McCarthy cant get his job back.

Adewale Ojomo or Steven Wesley if Moncur doesnt come back.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

4 games is too much. The limit is 3. Hence why you see freshmen play at the beginning of the year and then sit the rest. Most the time they play the 1st 2 games, coaches see if they can contribute, then they fake an injury and get a redshirt for the rest of the year.

Moncur will go pro. Cracker will be back starting as a SR next year. He our best LB (outside of Spence). You will see Cracker and Spence outside with Sharpton in the middle. Brown and Futch will be the primary backups.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Quote:
4 games is too much. The limit is 3. Hence why you see freshmen play at the beginning of the year and then sit the rest. Most the time they play the 1st 2 games, coaches see if they can contribute, then they fake an injury and get a redshirt for the rest of the year.

Moncur will go pro. Cracker will be back starting as a SR next year. He our best LB (outside of Spence). You will see Cracker and Spence outside with Sharpton in the middle. Brown and Futch will be the primary backups.
IDK, once Brown learns more of the fundamentals and gets the mental part down of defense he could be taking someones job.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
IDK, once Brown learns more of the fundamentals and gets the mental part down of defense he could be taking someones job.
He's got a bit to go. I'd expect him to start once Cracker and Sharpton are gone but he's really really raw. He got no coaching scheme wise in Kansas and Bill Young has really complex schemes so that will take him a bit. And on top of that, he's very raw technique wise. He's a big hitter but he needs to learn leverage, how to wrap up better and how to shed blockers better.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reddick has played fine. He's not exceptional but he's worlds better than any other safeties on our roster.

It was not "everyone's" fault on that play. I literally rewound that play at least a dozen times and I can't single out one player on a missed assignment. It is the coaches fault for calling an outside blitz on 3rd and 20 and also for not preparing the players for the run possibility. Our rushers went full tilt going for Ponder and our DBs got an early start in their drops. After that we had no chance....again that's just HORRIBLE coaching. There's only 2 plays you can expect in that situation: draw or screen. We were defending the play like we thought that miracle Young-Owens TD pass was gonna happen.

Quote:

It was Reddick's fault for missing the tackle on Smith. Watch the play. Reddick was the one guy that had a clean shot at him. Everyone else was blocked or schemed out of that play. 2 guys got a hand on him about a yard from the endzone but Reddick had a shot to bring Smith down at the 10 and instead of wrapping him up, he let Smith run right thru an arm tackle like he lets everyone run thru arm tackles. He has made some plays yes but he has also blown just as many as he has made.
Again you couldn't be any more wrong about the play. The answer lies wright in your post. "Smith ran thru an arm tackle"....Reddick had to dive at his legs to try to bring him down, along with I believe 3 others who tried the same thing. That is NOT a "clean shot" at a D1 ballcarrier. Arm tackling is a desperation move when you are too far from the ball....and you hope to get lucky. Reddick was not in position to make that play, along with 10 other Hurricane defenders. That's what happens when you clear out the middle to send the house on a 3rd and 20. Young needs to take a page out of Monte Kiffin's playbook and play it safe sometimes. Sure....send the house every damn play against Florida....but FSU?? Nah....our defense can handle them running simple base stuff....bend but don't break philosophy.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tervaris Johnson recovers a fumble.

Future first rounder?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Aldarius Johnson for HEISMAN!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I can't believe Marve is still going to start next week. I like the decision but I was sure Harris was going to start.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote