Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
what belgians are you looking for? Abbaye? or just belgian beers?
I'm open for Anything.

( that's what she said)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
:(

serious workout isn't even the half of it.

what belgians are you looking for? Abbaye? or just belgian beers?
Well since i am from the area if you want belgian beer you can go simple and take something like jupiler, there are also nice abbaye stuff and that kinda things.

Big tip of the day though, Urquell pilsener, beer from the czech republic, right where it originated from, still one of the best beers I have ever had.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm open for Anything.

( that's what she said)
Gross.

Anyway... lets think about what's available here in america.

Starters would be anything st. bernardus. They're cheap (4 bucks a bottle), and usually available at any decent store.

edit: urquell is legit stuff. Czech beer is very good.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gross.

Anyway... lets think about what's available here in america.

Starters would be anything st. bernardus. They're cheap (4 bucks a bottle), and usually available at any decent store.

edit: urquell is legit stuff. Czech beer is very good.
Hey, if you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen, right? ;) This board overflows with perverts and testosterone.

I've had bernardus, thanks for the suggestion. Urquell as well.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're cheap (4 bucks a bottle), and usually available at any decent store
St. Bernardus isnt that cheap. The 750ml bottles are like 9 bucks here.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, if you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen, right? ;) This board overflows with perverts and testosterone.

I've had bernardus, thanks for the suggestion. Urquell as well.
Okay. So we go deeper into the belgian style!
Piraat! by Brouwerij Van Steenberg was one of the last beers i had before flying.
Saison Dupont is another classic Belgian beer. Flows like champagne in my mouth. Delicious!
Leffe Brune is also pretty good.

I'm trying to think of like every actual belgian brew... but most belgians i have aren't even made in belgium except for like Rocqufort and Bernardus

TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Apparently she isn't ballin' on a budget like us.

they get smoked.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
375. We all know i can't drink a full 750.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Okay. So we go deeper into the belgian style!
Piraat! by Brouwerij Van Steenberg was one of the last beers i had before flying.
Saison Dupont is another classic Belgian beer. Flows like champagne in my mouth. Delicious!
Leffe Brune is also pretty good.

I'm trying to think of like every actual belgian brew... but most belgians i have aren't even made in belgium except for like Rocqufort and Bernardus
Piraat eh? Don't think i've tasted that or saison dupont. Which would you recommend first?
Had leffe, it's prreettttyyyy prettttyyy preeeetttty good.

Quote:
375. We all know i can't drink a full 750.
Cheap date.

they get smoked.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I want some Bernardus Tripel... dangit

Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Piraat eh? Don't think i've tasted that or saison dupont. Which would you recommend first?
Had leffe, it's prreettttyyyy prettttyyy preeeetttty good.
Saison's in general are awesome. Piraat though is out of this world. And at like 11.5% it's a kick you on your ass moment of drinking.

Quote:
Cheap date.
You mean economical date. I'm cheaper to take out for a drive than a tank.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Saison's in general are awesome. Piraat though is out of this world. And at like 11.5% it's a kick you on your ass moment of drinking.
Nice, I'll try to find that Piraat tonight, is it easy to find?

You mean economical date. I'm cheaper to take out for a drive than a tank.[/quote]
ah, a Volkswagen.

they get smoked.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Nice, I'll try to find that Piraat tonight, is it easy to find?

Quote:
You mean economical date. I'm cheaper to take out for a drive than a tank.
ah, a Volkswagen.
something like that.

The piraat isn't impossible. But you will drop 14-15 for a 750.

I think the most i've ever paid for a 750 was like 30 bucks. I don't even remember what it was. it was beer. it was almost non carbonated. but it was so nuanced and delicious and like 15% abv i wanted to cry.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

agave wine is amazing, it's like 20% ABV

Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Couldn't find the Piraat at the liquor store last night so I got Rare vos 750. It was pretty good.

they get smoked.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Couldn't find the Piraat at the liquor store last night so I got Rare vos 750. It was pretty good.
Keep looking dude... It'll be there.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

what does it look like, 'cause I'll look.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Keep looking dude... It'll be there.
I doubt it, few stores have a good selection where I go to college, maybe back home they will have it.
Like dis Brent

they get smoked.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

looks fancy

Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
looks fancy
tastes like awesome

Old 10-17-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
There is not enough good beer in Wisconsin, I am very disappointed. There are a couple, but none of them compare with Rogue(its here, its just almost 10 bucks for a 6 pack) or Red Hook. Widmer Bros is about equal to Capital Brewery and Leine's. It sucks I can't find Anchor here either.
Is Rogue that good? Despite it being readily available in NJ, I've never opted to try it. Something about the bottle design doesn't sit with me, and has turned me off from ever trying it. Am I missing out? And if so, any particular brew that you or others like the most?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is Rogue that good? Despite it being readily available in NJ, I've never opted to try it. Something about the bottle design doesn't sit with me, and has turned me off from ever trying it. Am I missing out? And if so, any particular brew that you or others like the most?
ok, i am completely doing the same thing. i've heard of rogue. and i always see it...but, something about the way it looks makes me skip right over it. it's weird. must be reverse subliminal advertising. risky strategy. we'll see if it pays off.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
ok, i am completely doing the same thing. i've heard of rogue. and i always see it...but, something about the way it looks makes me skip right over it. it's weird. must be reverse subliminal advertising. risky strategy. we'll see if it pays off.
I don't know what it is. I guess the bottles look a little too cartoony? Something about the way they look just makes me not take it seriously as something that could be legit.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I was looking abck at the first page... leinenkugal berry weiss AQ? Icky, I think if I drank more than one I'd have gut rot for a week.

they get smoked.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
dead man's ale has a glow in the dark bottle.

now that's cool.