Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Against detroit and Kansas... I'd hold off for a bit.
+1. Abraham hasn't exactly played the best of offensive lines, even Tampa Bay's line is below average.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People kept saying that it was so hard because there are so many great DE's so I decided to put together a list of the best of the starting DEs and then added in guys who are significant pass rushers and it came to a round number of 50 4-3 DEs...There are rough patches after 15 in which it gets a lot harder to judge the difference...in regard to how I decided I used seccess so far throughout this season and last year so rookies are that high in the rankings...I also put some guys relatively high who even though they have an off year last year are still revered in the NFL and could easily have a great season...

Ranking of the top 50 4-3 DE’s in the NFL
1. Mario Williams
2. Aaron Kampman
3. Jared Allen
4. Dwight Freeney
5. Justin Tuck
6. Osi Umenyiora
7. Jason Taylor
8. Patrick Kearney
9. Kyle Vanden Bosch
10. John Abraham
11. Will Smith
12. Julius Peppers
13. Aaron Schobel
14. Derrick Burgess
15. Cullen Jenkins
16. Trent Cole
17. Robert Mathis
18. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla
19. Adewale Ogunleye
20. Elvis Dumervil
21. Alex Brown
22. Leonard Little
23. Andre Carter
24. Gaines Adams
25. Tamba Hali
26. Charles grant
27. Dewayne White
28. Mathias Kiwanuka
29. Juque Parker
30. Paul Spicer
31. Greg White
32. Kevin Carter
33. Mark Anderson
34. Darryl Tapp
35. Antwan Odom
36. Ray Edwards
37. Robert Geathers
38. Chris Long
39. Turk McBride
40. Lawrence Jackson
41. Jevon Kearse
42. Chris Kelsay
43. Reggie Hayward
44. John Engelberger
45. Quentin Groves
46. Tyler Brayton
47. Jamaal Anderson
48. Anthony Weaver
49. Jay Richardson
50. Jared Devries

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Last edited by rockio42 : 09-24-2008 at 11:50 PM.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
People kept saying that it was so hard because there are so many great DE's so I decided to put together a list of the best of the starting DEs and then added in guys who are significant pass rushers and it came to a round number of 50 4-3 DEs...There are rough patches after 15 in which it gets a lot harder to judge the difference...in regard to how I decided I used seccess so far throughout this season and last year so rookies are that high in the rankings...I also put some guys relatively high who even though they have an off year last year are still revered in the NFL and could easily have a great season...

Ranking of the top 50 4-3 DEs in the NFL
1. Mario Williams
2. Aaron Kampman
3. Jared Allen
4. Dwight Freeney
5. Justin Tuck
6. Osi Umenyiora
7. Jason Taylor
8. Patrick Kearney
9. Kyle Vanden Bosch
10. John Abraham
11. Will Smith
12. Julius Peppers
13. Aaron Schobel
14. Derrick Burgess
15. Cullen Jenkins
16. Trent Cole
17. Robert Mathis
19. Adewale Ogunleye
20. Elvis Dumervil
21. Alex Brown
22. Leonard Little
23. Andre Carter
24. Gaines Adams
25. Tamba Hali
26. Charles grant
27. Dewayne White
28. Mathias Kiwanuka
29. Juque Parker
30. Paul Spicer
31. Greg White
32. Kevin Carter
33. Mark Anderson
34. Darryl Tapp
35. Antwan Odom
36. Ray Edwards
37. Robert Geathers
38. Chris Long
39. Turk McBride
40. Lawrence Jackson
41. Jevon Kearse
42. Chris Kelsay
43. Reggie Hayward
44. John Engelberger
45. Quentin Groves
46. Tyler Brayton
47. Jamaal Anderson
48. Anthony Weaver
49. Jay Richardson
50. Jared Devries
Justin Smith?
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You had to quote the whole damn post just to say that?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:02 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Justin Smith?
Hes a 3-4 DE now, Its just 4-3 DEs

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Hes a 3-4 DE now, Its just 4-3 DEs
He plays alot of 4-3 DE in our system....I'd say the majority of the time he lines up at 4-3 DE. We play a hybrid.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Otherwise someone might think I'm suggesting he is a top 10 DE no?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He plays alot of 4-3 DE in our system....I'd say the majority of the time he lines up at 4-3 DE. We play a hybrid.
I was going with what most people thought was the main base defense so I put the 49ers in the 3-4 catagory

Old 09-25-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I was going with what most people thought was the main base defense so I put the 49ers in the 3-4 catagory
3 packers in the top 20.. nice haha
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
3 packers in the top 20.. nice haha
Except not really. His list really isn't good.
Quote:
Otherwise someone might think I'm suggesting he is a top 10 DE no?
No, you could have just taken a piece of it.
Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocio42
Justin Smith?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

Quote:
No, you could have just taken a piece of it.
Example:
Justin Smith?
Yeah but the original post isn't THAT big and I don't care that much....
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
little harsh, at least i put some time into it

Old 09-29-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Grant has played like a top 10 DE this season. He was beastly against San Fran, even though that isn't saying much.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of this thread, mostly because I feel like Shaun Phillips can get to the QB better than a lot of the guys on these lists, but he is DQd. Waaaaah.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

34. Darryl Tapp

40. Lawrence Jackson

I'd switch these 2 around.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Charles Grant has played like a top 10 DE this season. He was beastly against San Fran, even though that isn't saying much.
No man, Barry Sims is great! That is why he was cut by the Raiders >.>
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Complete DEs

7. Will Smith
no way he is a complete DE
he is a solid passrusher and a horrid run defender.... he is way overrated , while his counterpart charles grant , is kinda overlooked sometimes.

charles grant should be a top 15 complete DE atleast, will smith is winding down for two years now.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HAHA alot of people do that,lol. I find it funny too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after last night's horrid game, I wanted to bump this thread up. As much as I LOVE Tuck and think he's a beast, his pass rushing is too hit or miss, not enough consistency. Giants had zero pass rush last night. Osi, whether he gets sacks or not, is always coming off the edge and will more often than not, at least make the QB move around in the pocket. He disrupts them and puts on pressure. Kiwi isn't there yet and got man-handled by Thomas and Tuck was just very pedestrian in the pass rush department...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Mario Williams
2. Aaron Kampman
3. Jared Allen
4. Dwight Freeney
5. Justin Tuck
6. Osi Umenyiora
7. Jason Taylor
8. Patrick Kearney
9. Kyle Vanden Bosch
10. John Abraham
11. Will Smith
12. Julius Peppers
13. Aaron Schobel
14. Derrick Burgess
15. Cullen Jenkins
16. Trent Cole
17. Robert Mathis
19. Adewale Ogunleye
20. Elvis Dumervil
21. Alex Brown
22. Leonard Little
23. Andre Carter
24. Gaines Adams
25. Tamba Hali
26. Charles grant
27. Dewayne White
28. Mathias Kiwanuka
29. Juque Parker
30. Paul Spicer
31. Greg White
32. Kevin Carter
33. Mark Anderson
34. Darryl Tapp
35. Antwan Odom
36. Ray Edwards
37. Robert Geathers
38. Chris Long
39. Turk McBride
40. Lawrence Jackson
41. Jevon Kearse
42. Chris Kelsay
43. Reggie Hayward
44. John Engelberger
45. Quentin Groves
46. Tyler Brayton
47. Jamaal Anderson
48. Anthony Weaver
49. Jay Richardson
50. Jared Devries
Freeney is not 4th best. Great pass rusher, liability in the run game and not even getting all that many sacks anymore.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Anderson doesnt deserve a spot on there

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Mark Anderson doesnt deserve a spot on there
He's better that Jamal Anderson IMO, I don't see how Jamal gets on this list