Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the wise words of Brett Favre has now probably put Jerry Jones on suicide watch because he is about to see his superstar QB risk even further injuring his broken pinkie. I don't see why he should be rushing right back into action against a team such as the Rams. Well, its his body that he wants to mangle, and Wade Phillips wouldn't dare speak out against any player on any of his teams. It just sets up to be a bad situation, given that he now has an even larger target on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
Damn you people love to harp on Romo. He has thrown 14 touchdowns and is having a hell of a year. Even with the broken pinkie he give da boyz the best chance to win. People play through injuries all the time and yet don't catch half the flack Romo is getting for trying to play. Look at Rivers last year, he had a partially torn ACL and was praised for playing on it. If Rivers had fully torn his ACL he would have ****** his team since it requires a year to heal. While it was a different situation since it was the playoffs, it was shows the disparity to how Romo is treated compared to other QB's. Bottom line is Romo is not trying to be a crowd-pleaser he is giving his team the best chance to win by playing.
lol, I don't think anyone is arguing that Brad Johnson gives this team a better shot at winning.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will end up being a highlight chapter of Tony Romo's career. This could make or break his reputation/legacy of what people ultimately end up thinking about him.

Right now, I'd compare him to Hidalgo (the Horse) before winning the race. A wild mustang coming from nowhere... that a lot of people doubt can win the prize... who has to overcome injury...

If Tony comes through playing with this injury, I will forever have to call him:

Tony "Hidalgo" Romo
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, a little over the top, D, but I agree. Tony playing through the injury--effectively--would just prove doubters wrong, yet again. Broken record.

As for my statement before, my intention was to say that there are positives to both sitting and playing. What is ailing the Cowboys right now has nothing to do with talent or ability to play the game. Its the outside things, the things that you can't see on paper, but can see on the field. Giving his team something to rally around by saying "Look, I'll play through this agonizing pain for you guys" might bring the guys together. Likewise, him sitting on the sideline and watching his team play could provide a means to re-energize him and renew his zest for playing (which seems to have been missing the last two or three weeks).

That is where I was going with it.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Tony has nothing to prove in Sept/Oct/November.

I'd prefer he get healthy and mentally prepared for the second half of the season.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I found this about Romo's finger.

http://www.blueandsilverreport.com/2...-is-important/

So according to this doctor

Quote:
If the fracture is near the middle of the bone it can be stabilized with a plate and screws. This will allow the bone to heal quicker and get Romo back on the field sooner. However, if the fracture is just below the knuckle, often times a plate cannot be inserted and the fracture will have to heal on its own. Therefore the fracture may require a little more time to heal before it is stable enough to allow Romo to play.
If itís in the middle of the bone, the metacarpals are ameable to small injections that would reduce discomfort during a game but not numb the fingers.
If itís a mid fracture, Romo could return on the short end of the rehab timetable, but if itís a near-knuckle fracture heís probably out the full 4-6 weeks.
If they can put a plate to stabilize the bone he can't re-aggravate the injury, because the plate protects the bone. When TO broke a bone in his hand (and he was supposed to miss 2 to 4 games) 2 years ago he didn't miss a game because they were able to put a plate on the bone.
I think it all depends on how effective can Romo be with a plate in his throwing hand. I just hope that the call from Favre gave him his smile back.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Brett Favre going to ******* die already.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 20% Romo is better than Brad Johnson. So i can see where they are coming from with this.

I think he'll be fine.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Well, I found this about Romo's finger.

http://www.blueandsilverreport.com/2...-is-important/

So according to this doctor

If they can put a plate to stabilize the bone he can't re-aggravate the injury, because the plate protects the bone. When TO broke a bone in his hand (and he was supposed to miss 2 to 4 games) 2 years ago he didn't miss a game because they were able to put a plate on the bone.
I think it all depends on how effective can Romo be with a plate in his throwing hand. I just hope that the call from Favre gave him his smile back.
Owens also risked losing feeling and movement in that finger he broke, so i'm not sure how great an idea that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
A 20% Romo is better than Brad Johnson. So i can see where they are coming from with this.

I think he'll be fine.
I agree that any Romo is better than Brad Johnson, but at what expense? I'm not willing to risk Tony injuring his hand to the point where we'll lose him for the season, when we can easily sit him down for four weeks and have him come back completely healthy and ready to perform when the season means the most.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Owens also risked losing feeling and movement in that finger he broke, so i'm not sure how great an idea that is.

I agree that any Romo is better than Brad Johnson, but at what expense? I'm not willing to risk Tony injuring his hand to the point where we'll lose him for the season, when we can easily sit him down for four weeks and have him come back completely healthy and ready to perform when the season means the most.
Its a risk reward situation no doubt. But knowing the circumstances, I just have a gut feeling that the oline is going to be dominant during this time, they know they have to protect Romo, and worst case scenario will take a holding call.

I also think Romo knows the deal and won't hold onto the ball so long.

I have no real basis for my assumption, just more of a gut feeling.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For this week, it's a bonehead move to try and play...If he wants to return for NY then hey I'm all for it, but if he falls he's going to use his hand to protect himself, all it's going to take is one D lineman to put some weight on him and the entire season is down the drain...Being that we just picked up Roy it would even be a bigger hit this season, Brad Johnson is a seasoned vet, he should be able to manage us to a win vs STL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is his inured pinkie on his throwing hand or the other one?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of hope he plays. Grant it, we don't have the best Pass Rush, but when we blitz we can be pretty effective.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just like last year?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Is his inured pinkie on his throwing hand or the other one?
It's on his throwing hand .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
It's on his throwing hand .
Ouch. I don't understand why they're playing Romo against the Rams. I'd be sitting him this week so if he was gonna play injured he'd get some rest and get him ready for Tampa Bay and NY Giants.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ouch. I don't understand why they're playing Romo against the Rams. I'd be sitting him this week so if he was gonna play injured he'd get some rest and get him ready for Tampa Bay and NY Giants.
The Cowboys must fell that Johnson can't do the job. but i think that even Johnson could beat the Rams.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well they could saying that just to let the rams to have to prepare for romo

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I think he'll be fine.
Maybe not, if this were any other team, I might prefer Brad over a hurt Romo.

But as much flack as I give to Tony, I think he makes this offensive line look a lot better in pass protection than they really are.

If the line could actually hold up long enough, I think Brad Johnson might be a great stabilizing force this offense needs at this point.

As it is, a hurt Romo is probably still a better choice, because Brad might look like Drew Bledsoe out there....
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo probably isnt going to start...he's having problems gripping the ball according to ESPN News today. Brad Johnson is expected to start the game. That's always subject to change, I suppose but, it looks like it will be Brad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote