Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Season Predictions

1. If John Abraham plays in atleast 14 games, he will have 12 sacks minimum. I'm calling a Pro-Bowl year for Abe.

2. Michael Turner will rush for 1,150+ yards this season. That would have put him at 10th in the NFL last season.

3. Roddy White is going to catch 10+ TD passes.

4. Brent Grimes will have atleast 4 INTs and 15 passes defended.

5. Michael Boley will have atleast 100 tackles, with more sacks and INTs then last season.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call on John Abraham so far. Turner is a stud too.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lol...I know Abe can't do that every week...but holy piss haha. Your projection may end up being a little low.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far, I'm money on Abraham and Turner if they can stay healthy, and keep up production close to what they are currently giving. Roddy's not on pace for 10 yet, but he's been much more involved recently. I think he'll wind up with 9-11 TDs. Grimes sucks ass, and Boley is way off his production last year though.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya but thats why they are predictions. Ill take Abe and Turner beasting for Grimes to suck ass and Boley just needs a little fire in him. He hasnt done anything bad, just not as much as a force yet compared to last season.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.
Default A cautiously optimistic next 8 months

I'm just playing out a scenario which I think would work very nicely, without being too unrealistic in my expectations.

We finish 9-7, but don't get a wildcard. End up picking #19.

Players performance remains similar to as it has been thus far. Ie. Baker is a lock at LT, Anderson shows some promise, our corners show problems...

Free agency:

Kelvin Hayden CB - has proven himself a big time player in the C2, and Indy has a history of allowing defensive free agents to move on.

Stacey Andrews RT - we were going to make a big play for him last offseason before Cincy tagged him and, although the Bengals line has not been its usual self, this guy is still a roadgrader. Clabo and Dahl will fight (and it'll be nasty!) for the RG spot.

Resign Boley, White, Babineaux, and Foxworth.

With these signings, I think that it is going to be very difficult to keep Brooking and Milloy around. As much as I love their leadership, I think that they have both lost a step, and it will only be worse in 2009. The best thing about this year is that new leaders seem to have stepped up: Coleman in the secondary, Boley at LB, and Abraham at DL; and most importantly, Smitty. If we can keep the old guys, great; but if the cap forces our hand, I think we're fine without them.

Draft:

1st(#19): Vince Oghobaase DT: this guy suits the Smitty DT profile to the T. I think that he's going to rise up boards pre-April, and will be a great pick for us.

2nd: Rashad Johnson S: great intangibles and production make up for lack of elite tools: sound like a TD pick to you? Coleman can shift over to his more natural SS spot, and Johnson and DeCoud can compete at FS.

3rd:

(Have to run... will finish off later. Thinking C in 3rd, TE in 4th, passrushing DE in 5th, and PR in 7th)
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

After the way they have played this year id allow the O Line another year to build chemistry and keep the same starters. BUT if we were going to go for a RT he would be the best fit.

It looks good so far. For the TE id love a Mercedes Lewis style player 6"6 +, Massive soft hands with potential to cause nightmares underneath, but he can be a bad blocker and run a bad 40 to enable him to drop to the 4th
Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really hope we are not like the niners of a couple years ago who over achieved. im really scared of that.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
i really hope we are not like the niners of a couple years ago who over achieved. im really scared of that.
Yeah thats a valid concern. Obviously we wont always be playing with as much emotion as this because the scars of last year and the early season nay-sayers wont be as fresh. However lets say now we are 40% talent 60% emotion hopefully after this offseason we get more talent to make up for the plateau in emotion
Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think this team still has a lot to prove, and once they prove it to themselves, winning breeds winning confidence breeds confidence and that combo is just exactly what you need out on the field. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of this season plays out, but right now I don't feel like we're overacheving at all, I feel like we're playing good football, fundamentals are being enforced strictly and you can tell on he field. The Falcons are now the Falcons of last year or the last few years, we are a smash mouth beat you down kinda team. That's exactly what I hoped for and why I wanted Ken Whisenhunt a couple of years ago. But man, Mike Smith is a gem.

These players want to play for him, they enjoy it, and once you have the leaders and the vets playing that way, any rookie who attempts to step out of line will get slapped in the face by the locker room. If ANY rookie anywhere had the ability to walk around with a haughty look what I've done attitude it's Matt Ryan, and to see him continue to plug away....well it inspires other guys to do the same thing. Also gives him grounds to speak out to next year's rookies.

How about our Boy Curtis Lofton too? He's hittin all over the place and making some big strides for improvement. Haven't seen him flash as much as I would like for a MLB, but I haven't seen him miss anything either. He's always getting his nose in there and he's really going to be a rock as long as we can find DT production. We're missing Trey Lewis that's for sure. But who knows, maybe all this rehab and strength and conditioning stuff he's going to be doing this year will really pay off for him and for the Falcons next year when we have to look for DT talent somewhere, we'll basically be getting a free player pickup cause Lewis is going to be out there battling.

As far as predictions go, Boley's production is off because what is being asked of Boley is different. We've had to play some tough TEs who can cause problems and Boley sticks them like he was a CB on a TE. He's played great in what he's been asked to do, and teams aren't looking to test him much. They wanna throw at he matchup that works for them...or they thought did. Grimes stepped it up on those fade routes and more teams are going to look at that and realize that's not the way to beat the little guy, don't give him time to set and jump cause he's got mad hops. Don't give up on him yet, he's well on his way to your prediction of 4 INTs and 15 passes defensed.

How about Chris Houston though? Kid has been playing great, he's getting his head around on the ball better and playing with much more confidence. That TD on Sunday was just a great throw and catch, he shouldn't have been the goat if we lost anyway, it would have been Elam, or the middle of our defense giving up that big play to get them in far enough to set up that pass. Houston is going to be JUUUST fine. I'm excited to have him out there. Could this be the year we see both of our Arkansas Juniors blossom? remember both of those guys came out early. This is essentially their rookie years...so lets give em both more time, but I love the way Houston is playing.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I've been able to get my hands on some replays. Michael Boley's actually playing really well. He's just as iloxy said, always covering the TE. For some unknown reason though, he pretty much is always dropping back into coverage. Blitz him everyonce in a while, or let him try and stop the run. Be creative. Guy is a stud.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I've been able to get my hands on some replays. Michael Boley's actually playing really well. He's just as iloxy said, always covering the TE. For some unknown reason though, he pretty much is always dropping back into coverage. Blitz him everyonce in a while, or let him try and stop the run. Be creative. Guy is a stud.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one, I'd like to see him used more, I mean last year we saw him rush the passer (with success) from the DE position. Guy can play Safety LB and DE...I mean lets use those skills.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley is doing great. Exactly what he is asked to do and I'm sure he might like a little more involvement in blitz packages but im sure he will trade that for winning.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

1.Abe- 5 sacks to go... avg. .5 sacks a game

2. Michael Turner- 553 yards to go... 55.3 yards a game on average.

3. Roddy- 7 to go (should be 6) but he is making up for it w/ his yards this yr.

4. Grimes- 3 INT to go and 9 more passesdefended.

5. Boley- 74 more tackles (gonna be tough considering his role this season) and 2 more INTs to better 2007. Has to get 4 sacks to better 07, again gonna be tough...