Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'm going to sound like a complete homer, but i think a very compelling argument could be made for the Broncos falling apart and the Chargers figuring it out.

First, the Broncos have a recent history of starting out very hot and fading as the season goes on...I'm sure any Bronco fan won't disagree with this statement.

The Chargers similarly have been starting slow for years now and then turning it on.

Throw in the fact that the Broncos are dealing with a myriad of injuries, including losing Champ, their only competent defensive player. Chargers meanwhile are getting healthier as the season goes on.

Nothing's set in stone obviously, and i don't have time for a big old post, but I think those are good candidates.
I agree 100%. I don't think the Chargers will be as good as past years(Merriman is too important), but they should win the division. Denver has an entirely one dimensional offense with a non-existant defense. We'll finish 8-8 at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Fall apart... Probably the Titans, Kerry Collins will tank at some point it is his nature.

Turn it around... Any one of the Seahawks, 49ers or Rams. The NFC West is weak enough so that any of those three teams could still end up challenging the Cards for a playoff spot by the end of the season.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

niner power 10-6 finish under Singletary :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I would like to agree but I really dont know...From what i have seen these past 7 weeks. We barely beat a bad team and then we beat some by pure luck it almost seemed. Our schedule doesnt get any easier. We play Houston, Green Bay, @ Tampa Bay, @ Jacksonville, Chicago, @Detroit, @ Arizona, Falcons and Giants. Just looking at that We could come at best 6-3 or 5-4 but we could also come out as bad as 2-7 or 3-6. I sort of have the feeling we will end up 7-9 and missing playoffs and Childress gone. There is no way he could keep his job with out getting us to the playoffs. We have too much talent on this team to waste.
Well you beat us every year. My guess is eli can't tell the difference between blue and purp;e and that's why he likes to throw to your DBs every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Seriously, I don't see Tennessee falling like a lot of people in here seem to. Tennessee's remaining schedule:

Indianapolis
Green Bay
@ Chicago
@ Jacksonville
New York Jets
@ Detroit
Cleveland
@ Houston
Pittsburgh
@ Indianapolis

The games in bold are the ones I think they'll win. If you notice on Tennessee's remaining schedule. A lot of their tougher games are at home. Also, the passing game has been down recently because of injuries to WR. Bo Scaife has been solid and Alge Crumpler is finally emerging. The passing game will be solid enough to keep defenses honest. Also, the Titans defense isn't going anywhere. Not to mention, Rob Bironas is clutch. And finally, Jeff Fisher is a boss. Keep doubting the Titans. It's worked for them in the past. Seriously, I like it when my teams the underdog. They seem to do better that way.
Being the underdog keeps your team focused and tough, which is why I loved seeing us go down to cleveland, it was jsut the type of punch the face we needed to re-focus for this tougher stretch.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
It's hard to disagree when it's a fact. This has been a problem for the better part of a decade.

As for the Chargers turning around their season, well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Too bad your boys couldn't capitalize on the opportunities they've had the last few years...
Wow, such creative smack. Take it to a relevant thread please.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To Diehard

If you're talking about last years playoffs, i think its kind of hard to capitalize with all the injuries we had so i dont know where you're trying to go with that.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't really matter who your quarterback is when you run the ball like the Titans do and have the best defense in football. The Titans still have games left against the Jets, Lions, Browns, and Texans. That is four almost guaranteed wins there, which makes 10 wins. I also doubt they lose all six against Indianapolis (twice), Green Bay, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Wow, such creative smack. Take it to a relevant thread please.
Uh, I wasn't talking smack and I wasn't off topic. I was responding to your comments.

I liked your team's chances the last few years, but it didn't come together in the end for a variety of reasons (injuries, Patriots). I don't think your current team is at the same level, particularly the defense, and I'm not as confident as you are that they'll turn it around the second half of the season.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The Saints will turn it around and go 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs and get the 17th pick or something.

Come on fellas, either win it all, or pack it up, this in between **** is killing me.
Bingo, I agree.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote