Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that yu have to be cautious when you make the type of statements I said when Bradley would be an urlacher-type MLB, but that is how much confidence I have in him beinga great player. I rarely say that a player who hasn't started a season will go to Pro-Bowls, or have any type of major success, but Bradley is one of the few who I have. I normally don't go making outlandish statements unless I feel as though my statements has a very good chance of becoming true. I don't want to make myself look like another sutpid, homerific poster, but Bradley is definitely a case where i can say with a good deal of confidence that he will develop into a star at MLB.

I think best case scenario for DeSean would be to consistently have seasons just under what Wes Welker had last year, and i do agree that he could develop into either a #2 or #3, and would be successful at both, but he has shown all of the skills needed to be a productive WR in this system, and most importantly, he is smart. The coaches are loving how he is picking up the playbook and the nuances of the game. I expect him to turn into a #2 though, one who will get about 50-55 catches for about 700-750 yards and handful of receiving TDs per season. I also think he will have multiple return TDs per season as well. ***Important*** This is not what I expect out of him now, or even in the next three years, but with his continued work with Jerry Rice, and the team, he defintiley can develop into a solid #2 WR.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eat a cheeseburger DeSean!

Last edited by Sniper : 10-26-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And lift weights at every opportunity. Muscle helps out much more than fat, you should know that Sniper ;).

Old 10-25-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Well now after we're just about 1/2 way through the season I think the awnser is quite clear. Neither.

Hunt was cut for a 3rd string LB and Booker has sucked.

Solution: The Draft.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Booker hasn't performed to expectations yet, not anywhere near that unfortunately, but lets not forget this is the first year in this system for him and he is still basically a rookie. I think RB is a possibility in the draft, but i won't say we should go looking for one early just yet. If we give him some more time maybe he will begin to show us what he can do. He really turned it on later in the year for Miami if I remember correctly, maybe he will do the same once he is more familiar and comfortable with the offensive system. One thing though, if Bucky leaves in FA, we will most definitely be picking a RB in the first four rounds IMO.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

^^^
Booker doesn't have patience and he doesn't have good vision. I've seen him run into blockers, try to bounce runs outside when there is no need and he dances alot. He can't block either as we saw in the Bears game.

Booker IMO should try to make the move to WR, he has decent size at 5'11" and 190+ pounds. He has blazing speed and could burn alot of people. To me it just seems like he is meant to be a Percy Harvin type player, not a full time RB.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
^^^
Booker doesn't have patience and he doesn't have good vision. I've seen him run into blockers, try to bounce runs outside when there is no need and he dances alot. He can't block either as we saw in the Bears game.

Booker IMO should try to make the move to WR, he has decent size at 5'11" and 190+ pounds. He has blazing speed and could burn alot of people. To me it just seems like he is meant to be a Percy Harvin type player, not a full time RB.
I guess I'm more patient than you than. Thats your opinion and you may be right, but personally, and almost all the posters here will back me up on this, I tend to give players the benefit of the doubt, or second chance. I've done it with Considine, Gocong and LJ Smith. I want a bigger sample size to better understand it. It may be a fault of mine. More opportunities won't hurt especially if it turns out he is still hesitant with the system and is getting his bearings. The reason why I like to wait a little longer is because of risk/reward. There is a chance that he could be our future RB, or at least be a heavy contributor to our offense. There is also the chance that he will completely flop. If he does flop, another year with him as our 2nd or thrid RB is not really a big deal IMO. But if he develppes into a potential starter for the future, than the reward is much greater, which makes it worth holding on to him a little longer. It is a case of "only time will tell" but i won't count him out yet, he is too intelligent and has too much talent to not give another opportunity. Personally, I think he could be like Leon Washington is for the Jets, and if we stick with him, I say that is a fair trade for a 4th round pick. Just my opinion. I completely understand why you feel the way you do, I am just conveying my feelings on the situation and giving you the logic that I have.