Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy White is a great example to show that players need time to develop and aren't busts if they start off slowly in their careers.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to remember that when referring to guys like Tedd Ginn and Dwayne Jarrett

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
People need to remember that when referring to guys like Tedd Ginn and Dwayne Jarrett
No, Ted Ginn will always suck. One game doesn't change this. He got hawked by a linebacker in open field. You know who doesn't suck? Steve Breaston.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Dwayne Jarrett will have to actually play though in order for people to refer to him
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Dwayne Jarrett will have to actually play though in order for people to refer to him
2 catches, 25 yards FTW!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Dwayne Jarrett this year: 6 catches, 78 yards.

Championship.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i still haven't had a chance to really sit down and analyze and break this team down yet this season.

So I can't really comment on White as much as I want to. But his stat sheet says he's one of the best in the league.

I really want to sit down and really break Matt Ryan and Roddy White down, but I haven't gotten the chance yet. Does ATL play any MDF or SNF this year?

I'm pretty sure we don't. We lost those games when Vick left. :( Otherwise, we were good for 2-4 a season.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys, guys to be fair. Jarrett was named team MVP...of the practice squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Roddy White is a great example to show that players need time to develop and aren't busts if they start off slowly in their careers.
Robert Meachem.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think it varies. For example, Roddy White was raw coming out. That was pretty well known. It took him 2 years of dropping everything thrown at him to bust out.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
guys, guys to be fair. Jarrett was named team MVP...of the practice squad
Eh, at least he's caring about practice.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, at least he's caring about practice.
practice? practice? prac-practice? you talking about practice? not a game, but practice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
practice? practice? prac-practice? you talking about practice? not a game, but practice?
Man how the hell am I supposed to make my team better by practicing?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone who thinks he isn't has been out to lunch. This guy has been absolutely killing it for the Falcons this season, and last season he put up good numbers. This year is a coming out party for him for sure.

Sniper is right... If y'all didn't know that Receivers need about 2-3 years or just some time to develop y'all should know now. I expected good things out of White just never could have imagined him dominating like he is right now.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
MJK

People are underrating Boldin here. And Andre... I mean, 4 straight weeks of 130+ receiving yards and he has next to no buzz.

I think it goes:

Moss
Owens
Fitz
___
Andre Johnson
Boldin
Marshall
White
Jennings
___
The rest.

I'm almost definitely forgetting people, because this was just off the top of my head, but Andre and Boldin shouldn't be in "third tiers". If it wasn't for the age difference, I would have a pretty hard time deciding between Boldin, Fitz, and Johnson if I had to pick one. However, I suppose Johnson has had health issues, which is a possible knock on him.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
My WR rankings would go like this:

**Elite**
No particular Order
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
TO
Randy Moss
Brandon Marshall

**Pro Bowl caliber players, but at least one glaring weakness in their game**
Reggie Wayne
Plaxico Burress
Greg Jennings
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Braylon Edwards

**Fringe Pro Bowl Players**
Roddy White
Lee Evans
Santana Moss
Dwayne Bowe
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Calvin Johnson

**Above Average NFL Starters/Productive Vets**
Roy Williams
Hines Ward
Donald Driver
Derrick Mason
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Chris Chambers

**Have Pro Bowl talent, but haven't proven it yet with consistency**
Santonio Holmes
Desean Jackson
Vincent Jackson
Bernard Berrian
Eddie Royal
really no Coles/Cotchery?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
My WR rankings would go like this:

**Elite**
No particular Order
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
TO
Randy Moss
Brandon Marshall

**Pro Bowl caliber players, but at least one glaring weakness in their game**
Reggie Wayne
Plaxico Burress
Greg Jennings
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Braylon Edwards

**Fringe Pro Bowl Players**
Roddy White
Lee Evans
Santana Moss
Dwayne Bowe
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Calvin Johnson
I don't see what Greg Jennings has done that Roddy White hasn't. And Jennings has had much better supporting cast. If you put Jennings in that second tier, which I do as well, then White deserves to be right there beside him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
It's a common thing to see Roddy in motion. So there isn't a really particular spot for him to line up at. As much as I love him, wouldn't mind seeing Roddy beat our old buddy DeAngelo either.
That would be so sweet. I expect them to pick on him all day long, when not pounding the rock with Michael Turner that is.

All I know is that Matt Ryan and Roddy White will make a deadly combination for years and that makes me so excited. The fact that White has produced with no quarterbacks (last year) and with a rookie (this year) is remarkable. He always showed glimpses of brilliance, but I was not sure he would put it all together. He has it all, he is physical, he is fast, and what was once his weaknesses have now become strengths. He is no longer dropping as many passes and his routes have become crisp.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He made huge strides of improvement last year and is doing so again.

Roddy always showed us those flashed of greatness making the spectacular catches but dropping the easy ones. Now he's catching everything.

Kudos to former coach Hue Jackson who helped turn this kid around like he did for TJ Houshmanzedah. It also helps so much we finally have him in a vertical offense where he can stretch the field.

Last edited by BBIB : 10-27-2008 at 03:23 PM.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think it varies. For example, Roddy White was raw coming out. That was pretty well known. It took him 2 years of dropping everything thrown at him to bust out.
the problem for Roddy White.... lefty throwing. this sounds ridiculous, but hear me out. all through his life he had righty QB's. And finally he has a lefty QB in Vick and can't produce. Doesn't help that Vick owuld rather run than pass either. But then you insert a righty pocket QB and he goes for 1200 yards na 5 TD's. no talent at QB and he does that. Insert Matt Ryan and he is looking at a pace for a 100 catch, 1550 yard, 15 TD season, like we all knew he was capable of. If we had a legit TE, the rest of our offense would explode and allow Ryan and White look that much better.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of these lists have Jordyzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? Wow!

I always thought he was overrated but I can safely admit I was completely wrong. I watched the Eagles game yesterday and he dominated. Although he was on the losing team, he did his part.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
the problem for Roddy White.... lefty throwing. this sounds ridiculous, but hear me out. all through his life he had righty QB's. And finally he has a lefty QB in Vick and can't produce. Doesn't help that Vick owuld rather run than pass either. But then you insert a righty pocket QB and he goes for 1200 yards na 5 TD's. no talent at QB and he does that. Insert Matt Ryan and he is looking at a pace for a 100 catch, 1550 yard, 15 TD season, like we all knew he was capable of. If we had a legit TE, the rest of our offense would explode and allow Ryan and White look that much better.
Props on the attempt, but no. Just no. What exactly does he have to adjust to from having a left handed quarterback? The only argument you could probably make is the release points, but a WR hardly even looks at the quarterback when he's making his release. By the time you make your break, most of the time, the ball is already in the air. I'll give you that Vick was a very innacurate quarterback, and a lot of his passes were off-mark, but lets not make Roddy the victim here. He had some pretty horrible drops, he ran bad routes at times, and he got rattled too much. He lost the hands of stone he had, and with time he has become a polished WR. That's no surprise. Not everyone is gonna be a Calvin Johnson.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The left handed argument makes no sense. The fact that Vick was a terrible passer (not only in accuracy, but no touch, no timing either) might have had to do with it. Its hard for a WR to develop if he cant have that chemistry and timing down with the QB. It didnt help that Roddy dropped so many passes either. Looks like he is finally getting confident in his ability. He has got some real talent all around.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I don't see what Greg Jennings has done that Roddy White hasn't. And Jennings has had much better supporting cast. If you put Jennings in that second tier, which I do as well, then White deserves to be right there beside him.
I agree that they should be on the same level. Brandon Marshall should be joining them too. I think it's ridiculous that people are putting him in the top level.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Props on the attempt, but no. Just no. What exactly does he have to adjust to from having a left handed quarterback? The only argument you could probably make is the release points, but a WR hardly even looks at the quarterback when he's making his release. By the time you make your break, most of the time, the ball is already in the air. I'll give you that Vick was a very innacurate quarterback, and a lot of his passes were off-mark, but lets not make Roddy the victim here. He had some pretty horrible drops, he ran bad routes at times, and he got rattled too much. He lost the hands of stone he had, and with time he has become a polished WR. That's no surprise. Not everyone is gonna be a Calvin Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
The left handed argument makes no sense. The fact that Vick was a terrible passer (not only in accuracy, but no touch, no timing either) might have had to do with it. Its hard for a WR to develop if he cant have that chemistry and timing down with the QB. It didnt help that Roddy dropped so many passes either. Looks like he is finally getting confident in his ability. He has got some real talent all around.
you doubt me, but Roddy would run great routes, and get separation the entire time. but just couldn't catch it from midway his 1st through his entire 2nd year. the spin on the ball is completely opposite. Also, Roddy had trouble when they just wouldn't pass the ball. Vick running too much was a big problem because in 2006, he would be open and waiting. and then just give up on the play because Vick would run. a WR's job isn't to block for his QB's broken plays.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I agree that they should be on the same level. Brandon Marshall should be joining them too. I think it's ridiculous that people are putting him in the top level.
Ditto.

He, Brandon Marshall, catches a lot of underneath routes and has talent, but I don't see enough big plays from him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote