Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Brown is the bane of the Bengals.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get ted cottrell out of san diego asap!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
...lead the team and be able to command the players respect.
I think he has the players respects especially during the run last season. He's a lot more fiery than people give him credit for and has done good things for the offense and Rivers. The problem is more on the defensive side of the ball, which Norv has to take Ted to task for. If we can fix the defensive calling, we actually have a chance to make a splash this season. And by fixing the defense, I mean getting rid of Ted Cottrell. You can't keep rushing 4 at a QB like Brees, otherwise you're going to get picked apart.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you cant complain how Norv helped Rivers and the offense, im so fed up with ted cottrell right now. I really think he doesnt know what a blitz is.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
I think he has the players respects especially during the run last season. He's a lot more fiery than people give him credit for and has done good things for the offense and Rivers. The problem is more on the defensive side of the ball, which Norv has to take Ted to task for. If we can fix the defensive calling, we actually have a chance to make a splash this season. And by fixing the defense, I mean getting rid of Ted Cottrell. You can't keep rushing 4 at a QB like Brees, otherwise you're going to get picked apart.
I just don't think that Norv Turner can lead a team to a superbowl, his players can carry him to one, but he'll never be the guy to rally the troops and instill resiliency in his players like the great ones do.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marinelli is gone at the end of the season, but not before. We have NO ONE who could do a better job than him for the rest of the year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Marinelli is gone at the end of the season, but not before. We have NO ONE who could do a better job than him for the rest of the year.
true statement. they could hire matt millen as the interim coach of the lions...

he has SOME experience... i think...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
If Marinelli is gone, who do the Detroit fans want the most. Is Grimm or Rivera the buzz guy?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I just don't think that Norv Turner can lead a team to a superbowl, his players can carry him to one, but he'll never be the guy to rally the troops and instill resiliency in his players like the great ones do.
I don't think Norv needs to be the rah rah guy in order to rally the troops. I'm not giving up hope yet, especially since I feel that he can do it again. Of course, in an ideal world, I suppose I want Marty during the week of practice, and then have Norv on Sundays instead. One of the things you don't know about Marty (and why AJ felt he was expendable) was because he didn't really do anything on gameday especially during the 14-2 season in 2006.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote