Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life
IMO that game was very boring
:?:

Dude this game was close throughout.

Only the Hayden INT return put it to 2-possesion game.

I know the game was sloppy, but I acctually think it added to the excitement.

2 different times teams fumble it away only to get it back on the very next play.

It was an excellent game.
wasnt the greatest superbowl. partly because of the bears offense doing nothing other than giving the ball back to the colts with a punt or a turnover.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

great game! it was close throughout, lot's of pace changes, turnovers, big runs... Great great game... not to mention my colts beat the bears!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't that great of a superbowl to me, too many stupid turnovers.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It wasn't a great game for me because it was too lopsided. It was always close on the score board, but Chicago did nothing on offense besides 1 big running play. Most of the game was the Colts slwoly grinding it up the field.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing of note:

We're not talking about the officiating, like we did last year. And that's a good thing.

This year's crew did a pretty good job, I can't really recall any egregious decisions. Hopefully they work SB XLII.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
One thing of note:

We're not talking about the officiating, like we did last year. And that's a good thing.

This year's crew did a pretty good job, I can't really recall any egregious decisions. Hopefully they work SB XLII.
The crew this year was awesome. I think they called one holding penalty and a couple personal fouls, but that was it. Great job by them IMO.

Can't thank them enough for doing a great job in this game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
One thing of note:

The crew this year was awesome. I think they called one holding penalty and a couple personal fouls, but that was it. Great job by them IMO.

then again we could act like Seahawks fans and blame the refs for losing...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
One thing of note:

What ever makes you sleep at night.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
One thing of note:

What ever makes you sleep at night.
I actually slept fine last night. I thought I was going to be a mess if we lost leading up to the game but I was ok. Sure I was pissed off but not as bad as I thought I'd be.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink

why is this thread still here?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
why is this thread still here?
Why did you bring it back?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 53-yard touchdown pass from Manning to Wayne is the play that changed the game.

It put the Colts on the scoreboard for the first time, but more importantly than that, the Bears were so fearful of getting beat deep again that they essentially played coverage for the rest of the game - despite the inescapable fact that the downpour of rain favored an offensive gameplan of short passing and running the ball.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:51 AM    (permalink

Did you guys realize that getting a TD off the opening kickoff is a bad omen ? It happened to Ohio & Chicago.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
The 53-yard touchdown pass from Manning to Wayne is the play that changed the game.

It put the Colts on the scoreboard for the first time, but more importantly than that, the Bears were so fearful of getting beat deep again that they essentially played coverage for the rest of the game - despite the inescapable fact that the downpour of rain favored an offensive gameplan of short passing and running the ball.
I agree with you that it was a HUGE play, but don't forget that Bears ended up answering with a TD of their own.

I think the play of the game was the PICK-6 by Kelvin Hayden.

Before that play the Bears were only down by 5 and driving.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The Colts could fall back on the fact that the biggest reason the Bears scored their single offensive touchdown is because Thomas Jones broke a 52-yard cutback run. This season conditioned them to overcome that mistake and playing on.

This season the Bears never had to deal with the reality of an offense taking their best hit on the chin and still delivering bombs of their own in the first quarter. There wan't anything of the sort in their losses to New England and Miami, the Bears didn't come out anywhere near as strong in the MNF game against the Cardinals, and the last game of the regular season against the Packers was a fluke.

With the Wayne TD and Marvin Harrison's longest catch of the night where he burned a LB covering him across the field, the Bears all but stopped their blitzing thereafter and played it safe for the rest of the rain-soaked night, which ultimately led to Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes having the best statistical performances for the offense. And the gameplan did work in part, the Bears defense managed to limit the Colts offense to field goals instead of touchdowns, and the scoreboard indicated the game was still close in the 4th quarter.

(I actually think that Wayne might have been the most wide open a Colts wide receiver has been all year, pre-season included, on that play. Credit to him for not dropping the ball in that instance, which has happened to receivers that open and playing on that sort of stage.)
Old 02-09-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
The Colts could fall back on the fact that the biggest reason the Bears scored their single offensive touchdown is because Thomas Jones broke a 52-yard cutback run. This season conditioned them to overcome that mistake and playing on.

This season the Bears never had to deal with the reality of an offense taking their best hit on the chin and still delivering bombs of their own in the first quarter. There wan't anything of the sort in their losses to New England and Miami, the Bears didn't come out anywhere near as strong in the MNF game against the Cardinals, and the last game of the regular season against the Packers was a fluke.

With the Wayne TD and Marvin Harrison's longest catch of the night where he burned a LB covering him across the field, the Bears all but stopped their blitzing thereafter and played it safe for the rest of the rain-soaked night, which ultimately led to Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes having the best statistical performances for the offense. And the gameplan did work in part, the Bears defense managed to limit the Colts offense to field goals instead of touchdowns, and the scoreboard indicated the game was still close in the 4th quarter.

(I actually think that Wayne might have been the most wide open a Colts wide receiver has been all year, pre-season included, on that play. Credit to him for not dropping the ball in that instance, which has happened to receivers that open and playing on that sort of stage.)
Dallas Clark vs. the Jags in Indy was pretty wide open...

The Colts seem to have those types of plays more often than any other team. I'm guessing it's because of a play/route that takes advantage of a double team or lack of coverage due to a double team, which the Colts receivers get alot of.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Keen eye Unseen, but I thought of that exact play and hence specifically wrote "wide reciever."
Old 02-09-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Keen eye Unseen, but I thought of that exact play and hence specifically wrote "wide reciever."
Well to be honest with you, I believe Dallas Clark acctually played more as our slot WR then as a TE last season.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Can we delete this thing now? Colts won, Bears lost...I'm still pissed off, let's move on.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
Did you guys realize that getting a TD off the opening kickoff is a bad omen ? It happened to Ohio & Chicago.
Well whoever does it next will win, 3rd times the charm.