Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I was just on the Guinness tour in Dublin last semester. I got absolutely smashed. Remember in the " tasting room" you're only supposed to take on sampler? Me and my buddies lurked in there for half an hour drinking before being asked to leave. Next, you get that stupid key chain that is good for one beer( which wasn't free because you have to pay for the tour) in the sky bar or wherever. We went up there and kept snaking free beers for quite some time. Normally, I wouldn't like "stealing" beer, but who the hell do they think they are charging 10 euro a beer at their freaking factory? I'm just glad it didn't go down that way at the Jamison tour or I would have beat up another Irishman on O'Conell street.
I must have missed the tasting room. I was talking about the free beer you get at the sky bar. I went there 5 years ago though so it might be a bit different.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I must have missed the tasting room. I was talking about the free beer you get at the sky bar. I went there 5 years ago though so it might be a bit different.
Ya, must be. they took us to a tasting bar where they had a bunch of brews that don't necessarily come to North America. I'm not a big guiness guy, but they had North Star, which was awesome. Too bad we can't get it across the pond that I know of. I loaded up in the Sky bar( which was really cool) too, just took them when the bar tender wasn't looking. It's not free though, you have to pay for the tour. Remember?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, must be. they took us to a tasting bar where they had a bunch of brews that don't necessarily come to North America. I'm not a big guiness guy, but they had North Star, which was awesome. Too bad we can't get it across the pond that I know of. I loaded up in the Sky bar( which was really cool) too, just took them when the bar tender wasn't looking. It's not free though, you have to pay for the tour. Remember?
Well you have to pay for the tour. So it isn't a free beer. I guess I should call it a complimentary beer. Also that tasting room definitely was not there went I wnet.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also that tasting room definitely was not there went I wnet.
That blows, that was the best part of the tour.well that, or maybe that I got to make my own batch of Guiness and name it after me so the whole world could enjoy my tasty goodness.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
That blows, that was the best part of the tour.well that, or maybe that I got to make my own batch of Guiness and name it after me so the whole world could enjoy my tasty goodness.
Well that wasn't available when I went either. My favorite part was the whole floor dedicated to the history of their advertisements.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On the Guinness tour you only get a single Guinness. The rest you have to pay for. Although they brew different styles. But you can get it Extra Cold.
How does one make a beer 'extra cold'?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
How does one make a beer 'extra cold'?
You cant get coldflow anymore its just all the same now.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just on the Guinness tour in Dublin last semester. I got absolutely smashed. Remember in the " tasting room" you're only supposed to take on sampler? Me and my buddies lurked in there for half an hour drinking before being asked to leave. Next, you get that stupid key chain that is good for one beer( which wasn't free because you have to pay for the tour) in the sky bar or wherever. We went up there and kept snaking free beers for quite some time. Normally, I wouldn't like "stealing" beer, but who the hell do they think they are charging 10 euro a beer at their freaking factory? I'm just glad it didn't go down that way at the Jamison tour or I would have beat up another Irishman on O'Conell street.
You're lucky it only cost 10 euro. Pretty much everywhere in Dublin is a rip off
Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

It has to be done although I could be tempted with Harp, Magners, Becks, Vodka and Red Bull or Southern Comfort and lime

Last edited by AntoinCD : 10-29-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm currently eating some pork ramen and pounding my favorite beer, Labatt Blue

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Its currently 8.47am here so i'll probably wait a while before I get started
Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Its currently 8.47am here so i'll probably wait a while before I get started
It's currently 4:47 AM here so don't feel too bad

Old 10-29-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's mighty canadian of you.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's mighty canadian of you.
If he were eating maple syrup-topped pancakes and drinking Molson, than it would be ultimate Canadian.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If he were eating maple syrup-topped pancakes and drinking Molson, than it would be ultimate Canadian.
labatt blue is pretty heavly canadian...

it'd have to be smoked venison sausage, maple syruped pancakes, drinking yaks milk, while listening to the CBC in the morning.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Molson Iceis ultimate Canadian... Beer shits.

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
labatt blue is pretty heavly canadian...

it'd have to be smoked venison sausage, maple syruped pancakes, drinking yaks milk, while listening to the CBC in the morning.
Wow, sounds like my Sunday morning except substitute a Blue for the yak's milk

Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wow, sounds like my Sunday morning except substitute a Blue for the yak's milk
Do you save the Labatt for the ride to church on the snowmobile?

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you save the Labatt for the ride to church on the snowmobile?
Nah, I just pack extra for that.

I go through a good three pints during the homily

Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I was pissed yesterday. I went out and got six pack of Brooklyn's Post Road Pumpkin ale. Then my beer of the month club came in the mail. Guess what was part of this shipment? 3 12oz bottles of Post Road Pumpkin.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was pissed yesterday. I went out and got six pack of Brooklyn's Post Road Pumpkin ale. Then my beer of the month club came in the mail. Guess what was part of this shipment? 3 12oz bottles of Post Road Pumpkin.
9 Beers isn't something to be upset about. Providing they taste good.

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
9 Beers isn't something to be upset about. Providing they taste good.
Obviously 9 beers isn't a problem. I just would have bought a differet 6 pack had I known.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Use your brain Jughead, beer of the month + October usually involves pumpkin

Old 10-29-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Use your brain Jughead, beer of the month + October usually involves pumpkin
Well considering the amount of stouts and brown ales I received in the summer months, I wasn't so sure. Regardless, of all the pumpkin beers available, they couldn't send me one from a brewery I haven't been to over 10 times?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Well considering the amount of stouts and brown ales I received in the summer months, I wasn't so sure. Regardless, of all the pumpkin beers available, they couldn't send me one from a brewery I haven't been to over 10 times?
you are in a bad beer of the month club.