Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Well until their young Dlineman, Jason Jones is my favorite, are ready to step up more they can't really afford to let that monster sit on the bench.
Yea thats true but in saying that the best play by any line,an for Tennessee was Tony Brown stopping Rhodes for a five yard loss
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-I was curious to see that Titans defense firsthand. I must say, i was very impressed with the coverage of that defense. They rarely blitz, a run a ton of zone, theyre almost a pseudo Cover 2 team, but the coverage windows are tight which is impressive for a defense built with big strong guys, and their rush is impressive even without KVB. That defense is built around Haynesworth, he means everything to them. If youre gonna score on that defense, youre gonna have to throw into some tight windows. Its not a defense that beats you with scheme, they just have great players. Theyre physical and savy, they know how to play zone and be physical in their zone coverage, redirecting routes and playing smart.

It doesn't hurt that that have played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. Only Atlanta and Green Bay have winning records and I don't think anybody thinks Atlanta will keep it up. Face it Peyton hasn't fully recovered from his surgery and won't be the same player till next year so beating Indy wasn't that difficult. Seriously, I really doubt Tennessee survives in the playoffs for very long.

-For all the Shawn Merriman naysayers: Remember how Merriman was the product of the scheme? How he benefits from a killer group of guys around him? How Tucker will slide right in, how Shaun Phillips helps him out so much on the other side and he isn't the focal point of the offense's protection schemes and benefits from it?

The Chargers are ranked 28th in total defense, DEAD LAST (32) in pass defense without him. Ive always said that the players around Merriman benefit from him, not the other way around. And the results speak for themselves. Wheres Phillips this year? Castillo? Where are all these guys that made Merriman better? It seems to me theyve taken a huge dive in production without Merriman. Those were the guys that benefited from Merriman. Without him, theyre not half the players they superficially look like with him. I said Shawne Merriman is the most impactful pass rusher in the league, and many disagreed with me, and rightfully so, but look at that defense without him, and how different it is and tell me Im wrong now.

I totally agree. Losing Merriman cost Cottrell his job and killed the San Diego defense for this season. I don't think any real football observer thought that Merriman was a product of his team rather than the other way around.

-Im honestly not impressed with the Redskins. I know they have a great record, and beat some good teams, but i just don't see it. The Eagles and Cowboys still scare me as a Giant fan more than the Skins do. They just don't look impressive to me. I think some close games recently is the reason why. Perhaps teams are getting some film on Zorn and his DC and slowing them down? I really have no valid reason for being a doubter right now, but Im just not sold on them.

I think it is a case of Campbell stepping forward as a solid QB which has really opened up the running lanes for Portis. Of course, the Giants tend I believe to dominate the Redskins, so maybe that's why you don't respect or worry about them.

-The Colts are in trouble. Theyre not going to make the playoffs this year. Its going to be really weird not seeing Peyton in the playoffs. And Marvin Harrison is washed up.

I think Peyton simply won't return to form from his surgery till next season. They were in trouble as soon as Manning went under the knife.

-Whats the deal with Joey Porter? He's playing his best football in years. I thought he was all but washed up but he's having a hell of a year. Sparano is doing a great job with that team as well.

Who can argue with the obvious.

-Not only is Aaron Rodgers better than Brett Favre this year, but so is Chad Pennington. Yup...Chad Pennington. Favre is playing terrible, and is so overrated this year its not even funny. Throw 3 picks. Oh thats just Brett being Brett. ********. That might slide in GB, but NY fans will not be ok with that. Jets fans shouldve booed him even more than they did. He's been terrible.

I don't think many football people thought the change of teams would be easy especially early in the season.

And so has the coaching. Mangini has been awful this year. He has plenty of talent on that team, but its not living up to expectations. A lot of it is to appease to Favre and let him wing it all day. The offensive game plans are terrible.

This may have more to do with Favre's poor play than people realize. GB has one of the best HC's in the business, it's pretty obvious that the Jets don't.

Oh and I guess Vernon Gholston was serious when he said that he plans on helping the Jets win games next year. Bc he hasn't done **** this year.

Rookies don't often flourish in their 1st season. Sometimes you have to wait awhile.

-I don't get why ppl want to kill the Titans bc they have Kerry Collins at qb. Why? What makes you think Collins can't take this team to the SB? He's done it once before, went to the NFC Championship game once b4 too. Collins is a winner in a game managing role. He can take this team to the SB. He's not as bad as ppl think he is. He can ride the bus. And he can make clutch throws. Collins is a winner.

As I mentioned earlier, the Titans have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, playing only 2 winning teams this season. So the jury is still out on Collins and on Tennessee as far as a serious SB team.

-The Pittsburgh Steelers have the best front 7 in football. Probably the best defense, i give them the slight edge over Tennessee. Theyre my preliminary favorite to go to the SB out of the AFC. Although Tennessee is really close in my personal rankings. Id LOVE to see those 2 teams go at it.
Based on schedule, you'd have to say Pittsburgh has one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this season so their record is far more impressive than Tennessee's. I really don't think Tennessee is in their class as a team. I'd rate Pittsburgh as the clear cut favourite to go to the SB although upsets have been known to happen.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 10-29-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote