Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is going to hurt Brees is that people are already selecting the Saints as the sexy pick to be the NFC representative in SB XLII. Nick Saban clearly displayed why you should not let expectations get too high.

And to be perfectly frank, picking the Saints is somewhat foolish as they have ways to go to beat the Bears. Especially if the playoff game is in Chicago.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Cavalier17
Rookie

Cavalier17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think jake delhomme's career is on a downard spiral.
Cavalier17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
Out of that list, it's McNabb.
I'm mildly suprised nobody has mentioned Brees. He's took some very good teams to the playoffs and has one win to show for it.
He was only a QB on 2 playoff teams..he might start getting pressure in a few years if the Saints don't get to the SB but this was his first year here, and even then many people said Brees would never become a good QB early on in his career anyway...

out of that list I'd say McNabb, been to 3 NFC championships, and 1 SB.

and I agree with whoever said the Saints are now going to become the media's pre-season darling favorites like the Panthers were last year, and I hate every bit of it.....
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier17
i think jake delhomme's career is on a downard spiral.
I agree though, I think he can be decent still. I like Delhomme, I know that doesn't matter that much but he just seems like a guy with not many positives but overcame that.

I'm shocked Rex Grossman hasn't been mentioned by others. After that game, the media will be on him. I personally think he's a good QB, he just has mental lapses.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

It has to be either Drew Brees or Carson Palmer... they're the best QB's on that list
Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brees will have some scrutiny by him making it to the NFC Championship game but I think he has a one-year grace period given the fact the Saints dramatic turnaround.

Palmer needs to at least play a full quarter of playoff football before anyone has to worry about him.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of the guys on the poll havent been in the league longest to be considered. It's McNabb, but I'm surprised no one voted for Hass.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Most of the guys on the poll havent been in the league longest to be considered. It's McNabb, but I'm surprised no one voted for Hass.
It's because most people like Hass, but few consider him to be a 'great' QB... and as far as mcnabb goes, he's proven to be a liability these past 2 years
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted Mcnab, I always wondered why he got so little critism about it. When he kept losing the championship games the Eagles as a whole took the heat, whereas the with the Colts it was mainly just Manning.

I can't see anyone taking too much heat this year about it.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
I'm shocked Rex Grossman hasn't been mentioned by others. After that game, the media will be on him. I personally think he's a good QB, he just has mental lapses.
I don't think anyone will care if Grossman ever wins a SB due to the fact that no one things he's good enough to win a SB. McNabb, McNair, Palmer, and Brees have had had big MVP type seasons and the same might be said for Vick, no one really thinks Grossman is in the elite caliber of NFL QB's. A player I'm actually suprised no one has mentioned is Matt Hasselbeck, he's been the a SB and has a lot of talent around him.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli and vick will have the pressure( and all the stuff vick will do) to live up to #1 picks

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful
Eli and vick will have the pressure( and all the stuff vick will do) to live up to #1 picks
Eli/Vick aren't really in the equation. They haven't lived up to the status, that's their only beef. No one really mentions them and the SB.

Palmer is the only #1 that has warranted the spot and is on a legit playoff contender.

Brees I don't think gets it as they improved so greatly last year and it was because of him.

I'll stick with McNabb as I said earlier but his health kinda effects that... Poor media, I almost feel bad for them. NOT!
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McNabb and McNair because theyve come close on multiple occasions and have been to the playoffs with good teams a lot of times but they cant get it done.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Brother

McNabb, hes just gotten so close with some quality teams, and hasn't gotten over the hump yet.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

I voted Hass, but its impossible for the media to care about the west coast.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i figured the answer was fairly obvious until i saw the qualification that the player had to be a QB.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
It's because most people like Hass, but few consider him to be a 'great' QB... and as far as mcnabb goes, he's proven to be a liability these past 2 years
He just said high profile not great.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984
Not just Phillip Rivers but the Chargers as a whole
Chargers are going to be under a little pressure for a while i think

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote