Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Steve Young
2. Dan Marino
3. Joe Montana
4. Johnny Unitas
5. John Elway
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Might want to fix that.
Done and Done ...thx
Old 02-06-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton will be #1 when he is done, but I won't count him yet.

1.Montana
2.Marino
3.Elway
4.Favre
5.Unitas
Old 02-06-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, you will be in for a rude awakening when ou realize that opinions are wrong.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Otto Graham
Isaiah Stanback
Josh Brown
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
John Elway
Peyton Manning

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink

I'd be willing to bet $100 bucks that the % of people (in this room who voted him as a top 5 QB of all time) who actually watched Johnny Unitas play a game (in it's entirety , while the game was being played) is under 5%.

Why not just include Jesus and Moses in the top 5 as well
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i don't know how anyoen can make a legitimate top 5 list anymore. there are just too many guys bunched at the top. imo, you've got elway, montana and unitas in some order at the top. but then marino's in there someplace, right? i mean, super bowls are huge, but they shouldn't be the only thing that matters. favre's there, but are we talking retired guys only? if not, should we assume favre breaks the records this year (i know how clsoe he is)? what do you do with brady and manning, who shouldn't be anywhere near a top five list yet, but who absolutely will be by the time they retire. for that matter, what happens when they DO retire? who are they honestly better than? what to you do with the old guys like graham and baugh? what do you do with young?

it just seems like you're going to have a lot of a's and b's in any top five list, as i just don't see any realistic way to separate some of those guys.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Big_Brother

TOP 5 QBS OF ALL TIME:
FAVRE
GOD
JESUS
MOSES
UNITAS

OH WAIT I PUT FAVRE IN FOR THE TOP 3 OMGZ!!@3

/crazyrandompackerfan off
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

and just because it will annoy someone, assuming that favre has an average year this year and then retires:

1a. John Elway
1b. Brett Favre
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Marino
5. (pick your own next 5 second tier guys)
Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
and just because it will annoy someone, assuming that favre has an average year this year and then retires:

1a. John Elway
1b. Brett Favre
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Marino
I look at those 5 and feel that I need to get Steve Young in there also. I don't know a lot about Graham and Manning will surely be up around them when he's done. Those seem to be the top 8
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:

1a. John Elway
1b. Brett Favre
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Marino
I look at those 5 and feel that I need to get Steve Young in there also. I don't know a lot about Graham and Manning will surely be up around them when he's done. Those seem to be the top 8
steve young's part of the next tier for me. he was GREAT, but those guys are/were amazing. i have no doubt manning will be someone's b eventually, but i just can't justify putting him up there. i mean, say he pulled a tiki tomorrow, he'd be a great all-time qb and might still get HOF consdieration, but you wouldn't ever really mention him as top five of all time.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1a. John Elway
1b. Brett Favre
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Marino
Wow, Favre is my all time favorite player, and I wouldn't say he is the best QB ever. I'll do my pre-WC offense, and my post-WC offense(I chose that time period because the West Coast offense completely changed offenses completely, making the statistics impossible to compare. Not to mention, the rules were changed to open up the passing game in 1978.)

2-4. Elway, Favre, Marino
5. Young

Pre:
1.Unitas
2.Baugh
3.Tarkenton
4.Graham
5. Staubach
Old 02-06-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Wow, Favre is my all time favorite player, and I wouldn't say he is the best QB ever. I'll do my pre-WC offense, and my post-WC offense(I chose that time period because the West Coast offense completely changed offenses completely, making the statistics impossible to compare. Not to mention, the rules were changed to open up the passing game in 1978.)
i figured someone would be surprised. i recall seeing favre sprinting straight to the right (around '94-'95) and firing the ball across his body 60 yards downfield on a rope for a completion. elway was the only other quarterback i think had a vague chance of making the same throw. and that's just on thing that popped into mind.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
i figured someone would be surprised. i recall seeing favre sprinting straight to the right (around '94-'95) and firing the ball across his body 60 yards downfield on a rope for a completion. elway was the only other quarterback i think had a vague chance of making the same throw. and that's just on thing that popped into mind.
:-D, that was against the Lions in the first round of the playoffs. Elway definitely could make a throw like that. I think his arm may have even been stronger than Favre's ever was.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Vick could probably make that throw as well. Not that I wouldn't say he's potentially top 3 all-time, but that gives no indication of whether or not he was greater than all of those other guys, unless you were recalling a memory in a misleading train of thought.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Joe Montana
3. Dan Marino
4. John Elway
5. Otto Graham
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:
Quote:
Vick could probably make that throw as well. Not that I wouldn't say he's potentially top 3 all-time, but that gives no indication of whether or not he was greater than all of those other guys, unless you were recalling a memory in a misleading train of thought.
Vick has the arm strength to do it, but not the accuracy to go along. He wasn't saying that that is the reason favre is a top QB, just that it is his iconic memory of him.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Vick has the arm strength to do it, but not the accuracy to go along. He wasn't saying that that is the reason favre is a top QB, just that it is his iconic memory of him.
Even if vick could get the pass off with good accuracy, his receivers would probably drop it. But since that's obviously not the issue here, I'd just wanna say that it sounds like a great play he made there.

Oh and that list is hilarious.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink

Favorite 5:
1. Antwaan Randle El
2. Peyton Manning
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Steve Young
5. Terry Bradshaw

Best 5 (as of now):
1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. John Elway
4. Dan Marino
5. Steve Young
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
exactly. for some reason, it stands out above almost every other memory by a long shot.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
exactly. for some reason, it stands out above almost every other memory by a long shot.
Just seeing if that could get clarified. I will say that his performance on MNF after his dad passed away stands far above any other memory I have of him.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

that's probably my #2, although watching him get back in warren sapp's face when sapp was jawing at him is right there with it. i think that was the moment i really started to like the guy. speaking of favre-love-fests.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Peyton will be #1 when he is done, but I won't count him yet.

1.Montana
2.Marino
3.Elway
4.Favre
5.Unitas
Good list, hard to argue with that one.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

Cause he spit hot fire....

But seriously, top 5

1. Unitas
2. Montana
3. Elway
4. Marino
5. Brady (im projecting here)

To me, there are only 2 players in NFL history that changed the game at a magnitude that will never be reached by anyone else. Thats Lawrence Taylor on defense, and Johhny Unitas on offense. The man was so ahead of his time, its not even funny. Peyton Manning just recently broke his all time yardage record for the Colts, and remember, Unitas played in the 50s/60s! Totally different era, for him to play like a qb from the 80s during the 50s.....he was so ahead of his time. Changed the game. I like Montana better, but you gotta respect what Unitas did during his era. Unbelievable. Id give Tarkenton some love, but the man just choked in the SB too much.

As far as Brady goes, Im projecting here. He's this generations Montana. Everyone wants to kill him now that Peyton won a SB and Brady lost, but thats dumb, I can point out the 49-3 asswhoopin the Giants gave Montana, or the 15-13 boxing match with him, but that doesn't mean he stinks. He was amazing, and so is Brady. Brady does more with less than anybody.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

Cause he spit hot fire....

But seriously, top 5

1. Unitas
2. Montana
3. Elway
4. Marino
5. Brady (im projecting here)

To me, there are only 2 players in NFL history that changed the game at a magnitude that will never be reached by anyone else. Thats Lawrence Taylor on defense, and Johhny Unitas on offense. The man was so ahead of his time, its not even funny. Peyton Manning just recently broke his all time yardage record for the Colts, and remember, Unitas played in the 50s/60s! Totally different era, for him to play like a qb from the 80s during the 50s.....he was so ahead of his time. Changed the game. I like Montana better, but you gotta respect what Unitas did during his era. Unbelievable. Id give Tarkenton some love, but the man just choked in the SB too much.

As far as Brady goes, Im projecting here. He's this generations Montana. Everyone wants to kill him now that Peyton won a SB and Brady lost, but thats dumb, I can point out the 49-3 asswhoopin the Giants gave Montana, or the 15-13 boxing match with him, but that doesn't mean he stinks. He was amazing, and so is Brady. Brady does more with less than anybody.
Except Elway.