Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
my main point is that the shift is leaning towards the NFC. Even with the Colts and Pats retooling, the NFC has teams at the top now that are good enough to compete with them at the highest level. Its not a give me for the AFC anymore like it was.

In fact, most of the better teams are in the NFC now.
If we're talking strictly AFC v. NFC I'd say that was true of 07' and now of 08'. While the AFC seems to have 2-5 power house teams at the top (your typical San Diego / Indianapolis / New England / Pittsburgh etc.) the bottom tier of the AFC has shown just how uncompetitive it is.

Meanwhile, most of the NFC has been competitive for the last 2 years or so, even the guys on the bottom.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:00 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think the play has been kind of sloppy this year. Now, is that because more young guys are playing, or is it defenses are getting better adjusted to offenses?
There have been a couple weeks that were flat out boring to watch because the games felt so "sloppy". There also is a rather large amount of blowouts too.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Because mediocre teams lead to mediocre football.
You must like a different brand of footballs, you probably think mediocre football is if both teams don't score 30 points right? This has been one of the best years yet, don't let the records fool you, teams have been getting hit with the injury bug.

You trying to tell me the end of the Colts/Texans game wasn't good football? Or the Packers and Titans? Come on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I honestly think the play has been kind of sloppy this year. Now, is that because more young guys are playing, or is it defenses are getting better adjusted to offenses?
There have been a couple weeks that were flat out boring to watch because the games felt so "sloppy". There also is a rather large amount of blowouts too.
That was ny point
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at this weeks games, can some of you see it now?
This week's games have been crappy today. Sloppy play all around. Its not the "defensive games" but the sheer suckitude going on.
6 games are being decided by 2 scores or more. 6 out of 8. Thats crappy football being played.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Because mediocre teams lead to mediocre football.
Im sorry but this year isnt mediocre. As a pats fan ive taken being division champs for the last decade or so for granted. Im much more intirigued and into these games now. I also enjoy not knowing what could happen in any game. I love watching sports center and seeing horrible teams last year beating teams that were considered elite this year. The plays in game are still amazing to watch. Nothing medicore here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football this year has been awesome. The standing at the end of the season are going to be a massive ****-fest because the difference between the teams picking 9-19 overall is going to be really small. There is so much competition this year and its awesome. Unfortunately my Bills have officially died and are sinking to the bottom now.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This week's games have been crappy today. Sloppy play all around. Its not the "defensive games" but the sheer suckitude going on.
6 games are being decided by 2 scores or more. 6 out of 8. Thats crappy football being played.
Sure, pick the down week... that Packers-Vikings game seemed like a good show, I didn't catch it but it looked exciting. The Bears-Titans game was a good game that got played until the end that I was half watching along with the Dolphins-Seahawks game which was played until the end too. Sure the Jets, Jags, Falcons and Ravens laid down some beatings while the Pats just controlled the clock for 60 minutes and rolled to a victory. That Thursday night game between the Broncos-Browns was pretty damn exciting too. Even on a down week and only half this weeks games its been at least a competitive weekend for half the games that were played.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
NFL is more entertaining than the english premier league or any sport that makes billions because its different every year. You want perfection you need to remove the salary cap, personally I'll take the miscues for the drama and excitement.
Definately, it's one of the main reasons I got into the NFL, because it's a level playing field. (The EPL is looking very unpredictable this year tho).
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
whats wrong about games being decided by less than 2 points?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
whats wrong about games being decided by less than 2 points?
You read that wrong. It was worded strangely and thats what I thought he meant at first too before I re-read it.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least 3 games were decided by less than 2 scores just like the thursday night game

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
at least 3 games were decided by less than 2 scores just like the thursday night game
3 games decided by 3 points, 3 games were decided by 20+ points. I'm seeing a lot of sloppy play this year folks. Say what you want about it being exciting, some of the scores are close, but not exactly exciting.

And btw, 2 scores is 9 points, a touchdown and a field goal.

Last edited by jth1331 : 11-09-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Some people think that a sport/league is mediocre when the traditional power houses are not dominating. It's such an ignorant idea but I see it constantly.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote