Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

juggy. shut up and drink your beer. there are sober kids in africa that would love to have 9 pumpkin beers. :)

just kidding. i appreciate your dilemma.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
you are in a bad beer of the month club.
I think I am. I only have one more month of it left. My gf got it for me last Christmas, but it is a rip off. 30-35 dollars a month for 12 beers. I was hoping to receive some of these midwestern brews I see you guys talk about that I can't get in NJ, but that hasn't been the case.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think I am. I only have one more month of it left. My gf got it for me last Christmas, but it is a rip off. 30-35 dollars a month for 12 beers. I was hoping to receive some of these midwestern brews I see you guys talk about that I can't get in NJ, but that hasn't been the case.
ugh. once my brothers store starts shipping beers for cheaper, i'll let you know, because they have quantitties of said midwestern beers.

speaking of which.

has anyone had two brothers other than me?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ugh. once my brothers store starts shipping beers for cheaper, i'll let you know, because they have quantitties of said midwestern beers.

speaking of which.

Actually I have. I went to a bar in Manhattan that had 75 beers on tap and they had Two Brothers. I forget which one I had, I believe it was an IPA and I wasn't impressed.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I have. I went to a bar in Manhattan that had 75 beers on tap and they had Two Brothers. I forget which one I had, I believe it was an IPA and I wasn't impressed.
Yeah. It's pretty bad. I met the brothers. And i told them that i don't like their beers. Their Red Ale is pretty atrocious, their IPA isn't much better. Their lager is about standard.

Ugh.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. It's pretty bad. I met the brothers. And i told them that i don't like their beers. Their Red Ale is pretty atrocious, their IPA isn't much better. Their lager is about standard.

Ugh.
I had Two Brother's Bitter End and again was not impressed. It almost looked like a cider when they poured it. Both in color and complete lack of any head.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

speaking of which.

No, but i want to. Liquor stores have zero selection here! Zero! I'm runnin gout of options. The only good brews I can find are extremely local, or from Wisconsin.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I dont see it at the Spec's, the Wal-Mart of liquor stores, I probably wont find it unless I venture to Austin.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No, but i want to. Liquor stores have zero selection here! Zero! I'm runnin gout of options. The only good brews I can find are extremely local, or from Wisconsin.
you don't want to. it's not good. i wanted someone to tell me it wasn't good so i didn't feel bad for hating a beer.

because i feel bad when i dislike beers. but there are some out there that just plain taste terrible...

Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you don't want to. it's not good. i wanted someone to tell me it wasn't good so i didn't feel bad for hating a beer.

because i feel bad when i dislike beers. but there are some out there that just plain taste terrible...
Fair enough, but I'm still pissed about the selection I can find here. Pisses I tell ya.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I just have a hard time getting stuff from the midwest. Most west coast brews make their way all the way to NJ. At least their staple stuff, some speciality west coast brews still don't make it.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to go to Belgium and blow all my money on abbot beer. St Bernardus doesnt satisfy my needs.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Bells six packs are on sale for 3.95!!! Talk about a steal. I have been stocking up, buying 3-4 packs a day.

Drank their winter ale tonight, pretty good.

they get smoked.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Need Oktoberfest beer Recommendations.

I have no today.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Bells six packs are on sale for 3.95!!! Talk about a steal. I have been stocking up, buying 3-4 packs a day.

Drank their winter ale tonight, pretty good.
holy ******* ****! that's a good deal. i would drink my weight in Bell's.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

gonna have an election party tonight and i'll need to go on a beer run first. i want to get election themed beer....any thoughts?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:

I have no today.
i like Lakefront's the best this year.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
gonna have an election party tonight and i'll need to go on a beer run first. i want to get election themed beer....any thoughts?
here's an idea.

every time a state is called. open a beer from that state. use mix and match six packs or pint bottles!

i'm thinking of a state by state thing. you could just go for 'battleground' states... if you want to save money.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
here's an idea.

every time a state is called. open a beer from that state. use mix and match six packs or pint bottles!

i'm thinking of a state by state thing. you could just go for 'battleground' states... if you want to save money.
i was thinking about getting beer from only swing states.

Great Lakes from Ohio
Red Hook from New Hampshire
Flying Dog from Colorado

but, what does Florida have for beer?
i'm sure i can find something from Virginia, but what?

maybe i'll just get some BLUEberry Ale. or something from the LEFThanded Brewing Company.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

I have no today.
Victory Festbier was the best one I've had this year.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

Great Lakes from Ohio
Flying Dog from Colorado

maybe i'll just get some BLUEberry Ale. or something from the LEFThanded Brewing Company.
This is hard to find, but Avery brewing company makes a pale ale called Ale to the Chief. It comes in 22oz bottles and is meant to be drank on inauguration day to celebrate the change of presidency. I bought two bottles, one to drink tonight and oneto drink on Jan 20 2009.

The bottle looks like the Declaration of Independence and reads like this: "We the Brewers of Avery Brewing Company, in order to form a more perfect ale, require new leadership that can liberate us from our quagmires in foreign lands; embrace environmentally sound energy alternatives to imported oil; heal our ailing health care system; free us from tyrannical debt an resurrect the collapsing dollar. We hereby pledge to provide him with an ample amount of our Presidential Pale Ale to support in the struggle for the aforementioned goals! Hail to the New Chief!"
Old 11-04-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Need Oktoberfest beer Recommendations
Shiner's Oktoberfest beer is great if you can find it.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
holy ******* ****! that's a good deal. i would drink my weight in Bell's.
No ****. They're usually 10 bucks. I'm in heaven

AQ I think honestly the best Okctoberfest I had was Summit's. Haven't had too many I liked this year.

they get smoked.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

Great Lakes from Ohio
Flying Dog from Colorado

Pennsylvania is somewhat swing. You could get Victory or Troegs.

I don't think Nevada has anything of note. North Carolina has some brews but they could be hard to get.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Pennsylvania is somewhat swing. You could get Victory or Troegs.

I don't think Nevada has anything of note. North Carolina has some brews but they could be hard to get.
virginia could be capitol brewery.

um. considering which states are really in contention now...

you have:

colorado. (new belgium)
virginia. (capitol)
ohio. (great lakes)
new hampshire. (red hook)
florida. (tough one. yuengling does have a brewery there, but yuengling isn't distributed in the midwest)
nevada. (erm. that's a no-go)
north carolina (highland or carolina bc)
missouri (crack open a bud. or if you have more discerning tastes... go for something busch imports... like hoegaarden or stella artois. or maybe a style of michalob... like their dunkelweizen.)
indiana (three floyds!)
pennsylvania (stoudts!)

i think that's it