Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I am not taking away from how good Aaron Smith is, I just would take Haloti, Ty and Luis ahead of him, Aaron Smith is a great player and is a huge reason why the Steelers have the best rush defense in the league. We have varying opinions but in no way am I saying Smith is bad.
Oh I mean obviously you weren't saying he was bad. I was just pointing out for what the Steelers ask of their ends, Smith is the best at what they ask.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Thanks for the insight, Abraham lover ;)

What inconsistency has Williams had that Abe hasn't this season? Didn't Abe just come off a stretch of 3 games without a sack before dismantling the Raiders joke of a left tackle, Kwame Harris... I think Abe is money, but hes practically a more one dimensional version of Williams who is a better end overall without question.

This year so far I'd put Justin Tuck on top of my list followed by Mario Williams, Richard Seymour, John Abraham, Jarred Allen, Aaron Kampman and Gaines Adams. In that order.

Also, Osi Umenyiora is way too low on all of these lists. Next year he is going to be up around the top of all these lists along with Tuck. Next year the Giants defense is just going to be nasty with a more experienced secondary and hopefully a more talented pair of outside linebackers and an even deeper defensive line rotation with more overall talent. Scary. So lucky for the rest of the league that Osi and Strahan aren't still kicking around kicking it around for the Giants. I don't think any QB they'd play would be able to play 4 full quarters... (yes this is an exaggeration, but think about the fact that they are playing with their backup rotational guy and a linebacker from last year)
Add to Osi, Tuck and kiwi that we might go DE on day one in this draft and Tollefson is playing very well right now and our D should be just nasty next season.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Oh I mean obviously you weren't saying he was bad. I was just pointing out for what the Steelers ask of their ends, Smith is the best at what they ask.
We're really the only team that utilizes a "Zone Blitz" Scheme (And Frankly we rarely even blitz with Wood, Deebo, Timmons and Farrior getting to the QB with regularity)..

Smith is by no means a passrusher... but he's just one of those guys I feel is like Fred Taylor and the pro-bowl, he's been consistently one of, if not the best in the league for going on 5-6 years now.

I don't Think Castillo, Warren could do what he does in our system.

The reason I put Ngata ahead is because Ngata has the capabilities to be a monster in the Aaron Smith mold, but he's got 30+LBs on Smith, has better athleticism and can actually drop in coverage at points. He's more Athletic.. But There's no way if I could fantasy pick my team Smith wouldn't be my SDE. Ngata would likely be my WDE as well.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoore View Post
If you're going to drop Williams for not having been on top for long enough, you have to knock Tuck down to. This is the first year he has been a full time starter.

But overall, I would rank Williams just a slight bit higher than Tuck, although it's really close.
Tuck did it all last season from multiple positions and did it again this year when the 'top' 2 DEs left his defensive line. He's done very well. Williams did okay last year, and has done well this year, but that's about it.

People can hate on Abe, and yes, 3 games without a sack, WHO CARES?! does that mean he wasn't making tackles and getting pressure? nope, sure doesn't. You wanna talk about inconsistent, talk about Osi...7 sacks 1 game, a huge percentage of his sacks came against a rookie pitiful LT. So talk about that.

Abe has been the only force on the Falcons DL and getting 2-3 blockers every play and STILL beating the double teams for sacks. Jamaal has started getting pressure now too, and it's really in large part because of the focus on Abe.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Abe

2. who cares!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
People can hate on Abe, and yes, 3 games without a sack, WHO CARES?! does that mean he wasn't making tackles and getting pressure? nope, sure doesn't. You wanna talk about inconsistent, talk about Osi...7 sacks 1 game, a huge percentage of his sacks came against a rookie pitiful LT. So talk about that.
People do. A lot. Doesnt mean they are wrong with the other thing.
Abraham is not the best DE in the game.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kyle Vanden Bosch
2. Albert Haynesworth
3. Jevon Kearse
4. Tony Brown
5. Dave Ball
6. Jason Jones
7. Jacob Ford
8. William Hayes

That's my list! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tuck did it all last season from multiple positions and did it again this year when the 'top' 2 DEs left his defensive line. He's done very well. Williams did okay last year, and has done well this year, but that's about it.

Abe has been the only force on the Falcons DL and getting 2-3 blockers every play and STILL beating the double teams for sacks. Jamaal has started getting pressure now too, and it's really in large part because of the focus on Abe.
Yeah you about Osi, but that's typical stat watching. Why do you think our DL is soo effective?? It's because we cycle guys in and out all the time. It's not like we leave Osi or Strahan out there for the whole game and they get shutout. What happens is we cycle them in and out, when your in if you don't get a sack, you move on for the next guy, which would be Tuck or Tollefson.

Not to mention Osi was injuried last season. He hurt himself in the season opener which lingered and then hurt himself after the Eagles game. He was playing through a Hip injury which was supposed to keep him out for at least 2 months.

Osi out for 2 months ...
http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2007..._2_months.html
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Quote:
This board is WAY too high on Mario Williams, he's good, but he's not the best DE in the NFL, not close. To be elite it has to be sustained, he hasn't sustained it nearly long enough, and he's not even the best DE this year. John Abraham gets that title with Justin Tuck sticking his nose in the picture as well. Man you people are crazy for big names regardless of facts.
Biggest homer/Mario hater on the board? i think so, just a pathetic post.

Also what has happened to Dwight Freeney he was never a great all around DE but he was an elite pass rusher before the guy has been silent the last 3 years havent heard his name in forever
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This board is WAY too high on Mario Williams, he's good, but he's not the best DE in the NFL, not close. To be elite it has to be sustained, he hasn't sustained it nearly long enough, and he's not even the best DE this year. John Abraham gets that title with Justin Tuck sticking his nose in the picture as well. Man you people are crazy for big names regardless of facts.
Do you ever ******* stop with your goddamn Falcons homerism? Jesus ******* Christ, stop. It's unbelievably ******* annoying.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iloxygenil makes good points, but because he's a Falcons fan, he's automatically a homer. Jeez...

John Abraham is having an absolutely outstanding year. No one can argue against that. The only 4-3 DE close to him sack-wise is Tuck, who is trailing by 1.5 sacks. Super Mario is trailing by 2 sacks.

Abraham is having a monster season, so who's to argue that he's not playing like the best DE in the NFL? He may not be the best for the long term, but that point is not strong enough to discredit Abe's performance in this current season and validate guys who may be deemed as more likely to keep up their production.

And yes, Mario Williams is over rated by many posters. He's in the conversation, but saying he's the undisputed #1 DE is a stretch.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
iloxygenil makes good points, but because he's a Falcons fan, he's automatically a homer. Jeez...

John Abraham is having an absolutely outstanding year. No one can argue against that. The only 4-3 DE close to him sack-wise is Tuck, who is trailing by 1.5 sacks. Super Mario is trailing by 2 sacks.

Abraham is having a monster season, so who's to argue that he's not playing like the best DE in the NFL? He may not be the best for the long term, but that point is not strong enough to discredit Abe's performance in this current season and validate guys who may be deemed as more likely to keep up their production.

And yes, Mario Williams is over rated by many posters. He's in the conversation, but saying he's the undisputed #1 DE is a stretch.

John Abraham will always be under appreciated because the dude can't stay healthy for the life of him. When he is healthy he is very good, otherwise he is on the bench with an injury.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haloti Ngata... bbbooooooyyy

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's automatically a homer because every one of his posts fawn over some Falcons player.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

So Sniper, how's every Michigan player in the NFL doin?

Lamarr Woodley sucks, btw...

:D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
So he can tell him Mario Williams is the best?
Nah. It's 1a / 1b between Super Mario and Tuck for me in whatever order.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Sniper, how's every Michigan player in the NFL doin?

Lamarr Woodley sucks, btw...

:D
for that Lamar Woodley is going to abuse your RT in week 16. Kerry Collins might actually die on the field.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
14.5 sacks last year is ok to you? 10 sacks in the last seven games?

Yea, Mario had a pretty average rookie season. He was a 21 year old rookie who was playing through a toe injury and playing all four defensive line positions to help the Texans. Referencing that as to why he shouldn't not be considered the NFL top DE is really weak.

If you think Tuck is a better DE than Mario, that is fine. I will disagree with you and that is fine too. But for goodness sake, base it off the past 16 games, not what happened 2 and half years ago.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mario Williams is the best, followed by Tuck, but its close.

I love Tuck's versatility. He can play LE, RE, UT in the 4-3.

In a 3-4 he's capable of playing both End spots, and both rushbacker spots. He's probably the most versatile pass rusher in the game.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

In a 3-4 he's capable of playing both End spots, and both rushbacker spots. He's probably the most versatile pass rusher in the game.
Kiwi has played UT, LE, RE and SLB for us, so once he really comes into his own and breaks out he'll hold that title. His recent play is especially pleasing as he seems to be comfortable at DE again, hopefully that doesn't mean he'll have to re-adjust to full time LB for long over the summer if we move him back.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I think it's close. I think Williams will always be statisically better in his system than Tuck in ours. We fire zone, meaning we ask more of our DEs than they do of Williams. Tuck is playing LE, RE, and UT, and when we fire zone, Tuck is getting Curl to flat on those plays. So his versatility is what I would value more. But people who look at stats will always see Williams ahead.

When we firezone Tuck can't get a sack, not to mention, we rotate ALL our ends to keep them fresh, so he will be on the sideline alot as well too. We basically are going to use Kiwi, Tuck, Wynn, McDougal and Tollefson. When Osi comes back add him to the list of guys coming in and out. The fact we are talking about Tuck and Williams is a great thing. One is the first overall pick and the other is a 3rd rounder...

Personally I like Tuck better because of the value and versatility he brings. Not to mention he is getting these stats in a system where we have other guys rotating with him, and in a system where he has to cover in space as well when we firezone.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Kiwi has played UT, LE, RE and SLB for us, so once he really comes into his own and breaks out he'll hold that title. His recent play is especially pleasing as he seems to be comfortable at DE again, hopefully that doesn't mean he'll have to re-adjust to full time LB for long over the summer if we move him back.
Kiwi is another stud in the making. Kiwi is a great DE in his own right, a diff style from Tuck. The diff is, Tuck can hold up as a full time UT, whereas Kiwi is only a UT sometimes in obvious passing downs.

Tuck is strong enough that you can throw him there full time and not become a liability in the run game.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
for that Lamar Woodley is going to abuse your RT in week 16. Kerry Collins might actually die on the field.
Big Country can hold his own.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I think it's close. I think Williams will always be statisically better in his system than Tuck in ours. We fire zone, meaning we ask more of our DEs than they do of Williams. Tuck is playing LE, RE, and UT, and when we fire zone, Tuck is getting Curl to flat on those plays. So his versatility is what I would value more. But people who look at stats will always see Williams ahead.

When we firezone Tuck can't get a sack, not to mention, we rotate ALL our ends to keep them fresh, so he will be on the sideline alot as well too. We basically are going to use Kiwi, Tuck, Wynn, McDougal and Tollefson. When Osi comes back add him to the list of guys coming in and out. The fact we are talking about Tuck and Williams is a great thing. One is the first overall pick and the other is a 3rd rounder...

Personally I like Tuck better because of the value and versatility he brings. Not to mention he is getting these stats in a system where we have other guys rotating with him, and in a system where he has to cover in space as well when we firezone.
let's look at the flipside of this spectrum though to be fair: who does Mario have to help him out?

Mario is generating a pass rush all by himself. Can you imagine him on our dline? He'd be an absolute monster.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Big Country can hold his own against lesser humans, but not Lamar Woodley.
fixed it for you.

i was hoping you would give me a name. and not just big country.