Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
IDC who the coach is, the Cowboys are winning super bowl 42, and Tony Joseph Romo will be the MVP, and I will become admin of nfldraftcountdown.
Sig quote.
Can u please make a little retraction and make it Anthony Joseph Romo.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Antonio
Old 02-06-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.1d6e016.html

Nguyen to coach? I love the guy, I would be very happy with him as our LB coach..

The only one who really likes Turner seems to be Troy Aikman.. But maybe in Big-D Turner could have success again...
Btw, I hope Bowles won't become the DC..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Former Cowboys linebacker Dat Nguyen is talking to the Cowboys about joining the coaching staff, according to sources. Nguyen interviewed with the University of Houston about becoming an assistant coach a few weeks ago. If Nguyen, who played with the Cowboys from 1999 to 2005, is hired by the Cowboys it will occur after a head coach is hired.
Dat Nguyen Future in Dallas?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
charles_haley_rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_haley_rules
Sure the defense was less than stellar down the stretch, but the offense not scoring was the real problem. When you have Romo, TO, TG, JJ, Barber, and Whitten on offense, that should be a nightmare for teams. Norv can bring that. Garret I like, I do, but he has two years experience, he isn’t ready to be a head coach. But he is a young hot hand and is credited with many for being Aikman’s coach during the nineties as much as Norv.
How was the offense a problem? We were #5 in the league. How is that a probem? Our defenses collapse at the end of the year was the problem. 13th in the league isn't exactly great, and we were the 32nd ranked D in the league in the last 3 or 4 weeks. That's a lot worse than "less than stellar." That being said we don't need to bring in an offensive minded HC ei Norv Turner. Garrett can run the offense, he'll be fine, but the defense is a major concern.
All I'm saying is the offense sputtered down the stretch, as did the defense. Why did the Colts win? Their offense held the ball for 38 minutes allowing the defense to stay fresh and able to play at a high level. Norv has a history od producing thousand yard rushers everywhere he goes, which is good for the defense. Is it a coincidence the Colts finally won the big one when they developed a power running game?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:41 AM    (permalink
charles_haley_rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
On a side note, I want to see Julius Jones back returning kicks this year.
???????????
uh why? We led the NFC in return average didnt we? And i think its bad policy to have your starting running back as your kickoff returner.....
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Caldwell will probably get interviewed sometime today. I'm not so sure, how much of a shot he has for HC but, I would love for him to be hired as our next QB coach. He's been working with the best, i think he would have a lot to offer our team and Mr. Romo. Can you imagine if Romo started playing like Peyton... calling audible after audible at the line...ha. Probably, not gonna happen but, i still think he can really help Tony.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Rivera will be interviewed today barring weather issues per espn.

Quote:
While Rivera did not rule out making a lateral move when asked during Super Bowl week, the complication in that scenario is that he remains under contract to the Bears until Feb. 20. They could therefore preclude him from making a lateral move until then, if head coach Lovie Smith and GM Jerry Angelo were so inclined.

Also, The Colts have received the paperwork from the Cowboys, requesting permission to interview Colts assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. Permission has been granted, but there is no timetable as to when Caldwell will interview with the Cowboys.

A Colts source said that Caldwell would be unlikely to accept a position in Dallas, with Jason Garrett already hired to lead the offensive coaching staff, because Caldwell has no experience coaching with him.

Jones has said he will not name a head coach to replace Bill Parcells until Wednesday at the earliest.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2755878

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess they put Caldwell's off a day or so to get the big man in there. Also, i heard we wont name a coach until Thursday becasue, JJ didnt want to have it overshadow national signing day. I guess i could wait a few more days. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
So, Caldwell will probably get interviewed sometime today. I'm not so sure, how much of a shot he has for HC but, I would love for him to be hired as our next QB coach. He's been working with the best, i think he would have a lot to offer our team and Mr. Romo. Can you imagine if Romo started playing like Peyton... calling audible after audible at the line...ha. Probably, not gonna happen but, i still think he can really help Tony.
I doubt Indy would give us permission to talk to Caldwell to hire him as a QB coach, and I doubt that Caldwell would take that job when it clearly has no future with Jason Garrett above him on the chain of command.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
I doubt Indy would give us permission to talk to Caldwell to hire him as a QB coach, and I doubt that Caldwell would take that job when it clearly has no future with Jason Garrett above him on the chain of command.
Oh, i know I was just dreaming a bit. It doesnt seem likely at all, I dont really understand the point of interviewing him. We do need to find a QB coach somewhere though. Atleast Palmer is gone, couldnt say that i was a fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Oh, i know I was just dreaming a bit. It doesnt seem likely at all, I dont really understand the point of interviewing him. We do need to find a QB coach somewhere though. Atleast Palmer is gone, couldnt say that i was a fan.
I don't believe we're interviewing him at all. It's probably just smokescreen.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the waiting game. I just wish JJ would make up his mind. Frustrating.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
I hate the waiting game. I just wish JJ would make up his mind. Frustrating.
Yeah, and the really frustrating thing about this waiting is that there's a decent chance our coaching staff will still end up like this:

HC - Turner
DC - Bowles
OC - Garrett

That could have been announced two weeks ago.

I'm also concerned about who we are going to find to fill the holes on our offensive staff. We also need a Specials Teams coordinator. That's the really bad thing about all this waiting--we're missing out on the best available assistants, as well as losing our own assistants.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Norv is the new HC, I could see Ginn or Meachum in the 1st, seeing they could really fit the system he wants to run. Just a thought.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the deal with Norv - he doesn't want Garrett as an OC. He doesn't think the kid is ready. This is the biggest thing going against him.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Here's the deal with Norv - he doesn't want Garrett as an OC. He doesn't think the kid is ready. This is the biggest thing going against him.

Where did you hear this? Everything that's come out from the Dallas Media is that Norv wanted Jason Garrett for the last couple of years so he's been a huge champion for Garrett.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:

Where did you hear this? Everything that's come out from the Dallas Media is that Norv wanted Jason Garrett for the last couple of years so he's been a huge champion for Garrett.
Yeah, but not as OC.

ESPN not Chris Mortenson.

Quote:
Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley one of the holdups to Turner's candidacy is that he doesn't think Jason Garrett is ready to be an offensive coordinator. Garrett interviewed for the head coaching position almost two weeks ago, but he's been expected to become the offensive coordinator.

Jones would like for Garrett to take on some of the play-calling reponsibilities, but sources said Turner doesn't think he's ready. Turner is a fan of Garrett's, but may be leaning toward naming Cowboys assistant head coach/offensive line Tony Sparano the offensive coordinator and using Garrett in a different role.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:

Yeah, but not as OC.

ESPN not Chris Mortenson.

Quote:
Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley one of the holdups to Turner's candidacy is that he doesn't think Jason Garrett is ready to be an offensive coordinator. Garrett interviewed for the head coaching position almost two weeks ago, but he's been expected to become the offensive coordinator.

Jones would like for Garrett to take on some of the play-calling reponsibilities, but sources said Turner doesn't think he's ready. Turner is a fan of Garrett's, but may be leaning toward naming Cowboys assistant head coach/offensive line Tony Sparano the offensive coordinator and using Garrett in a different role.
I saw that. I really wonder if we'll demote Garrett just to get Norv, or we'll take someone else. Maybe Norv will just deal with it...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since most of the talk around here has centered on the coaching staff and the upcoming draft, I want to throw in a little something to spice things up.

One of the most irksome arguments that I have run into over the last few months is the assertion that Tony Romo did not deserve to go to the Pro Bowl. So, I was perusing some of the stats, and noticed a common theme beginning to emerge: Romo was continually coming in at or near the top of the league in basically every meaningful category:

Cat.........Rank
Comp%..2nd
YPA........1st
TD%.......t2nd
YPG........4th (based upon 11 games, even though he only played 10.5)

The most intriguing stat of all is the fact that he was ranked second in the league in comp%, despite the fact that he was tops in yards per attempt. That is truly amazing. The only guy ahead of him in % was David Carr, who averaged 6.26 yards per attempt. Good for about 28th or so in the league. Translation: he threw a ton of short, dump off type passes.

However, Tony was throwing the ball downfield with regularity, and still managed to get that high of a completion percentage. He came in at 65.3% and 8.61 respectively. Compare that to Peyton, who was 65.0% and 7.89.

So, the question here is: why is he only 5th in overall rating if he came in so highly on basically every meaningful category? The answer: turnovers.

Consider this: among the top 18 rated passers in the league, Romo's 3.9% interception rate was the highest of the group. Higher than JP Losman, Delhomme, Carr, Garrard, Kitna and Eli Manning -- all considered to be turnover machines. Not only that, it more than doubled the rates of Peyton, McNabb, Bulger, Brunell and Damon Huard.

Amazing to think that Bill warned us all of this back in October.

Clearly, Tony is a potential top-shelf starter for us going forward. However, it is just as clear that he has to find a way to take better control of the ball in order for us to succeed. He got away with some of that reckless abandon against the likes of Arizona, Washington, and Tampa, but it caught up with him in the end.

If he can find a way to continue making those plays, but temper it with a little more timely discretion, he might find himself being mentioned with the games best before too long.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well it looks like Rivera should be arriving in Dallas within 15 minutes or so, reported by Calvin Watkins.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Well it looks like Rivera should be arriving in Dallas within 15 minutes or so, reported by Calvin Watkins.
What happened to your Norv Turner avatar?

Sorry... just thought that was tooo funny!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
What happened to your Norv Turner avatar?

Sorry... just thought that was tooo funny!
Well I am all for Norv Turner but I think it's going to be Ron Rivera now. Both would blow me away, but I think it has got to be Rivera.

But I will tell you this big D, it won't be Singletary.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Wow, Andre Gurode added to the pro-bowl:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...DD6AC049027F82

Good for Gurpde but come on. All of our alternates go accept Newman. Please give me justice, Ronde drop out!!!!!!!!!!! Is there still a chance or is the deadline past?

Newman should be the #1, not the second alternate.

Next year I will get so many votes for newman it won't even be funny.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
IDC who the coach is, the Cowboys are winning super bowl 42, and Tony Joseph Romo will be the MVP, and I will become admin of nfldraftcountdown.
Sig quote.
Can u please make a little retraction and make it Anthony Joseph Romo.
Antonio ramiro romo
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote