Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
No **** but it was his play on the field and desire for the game that overwhelmed this DC are and won the hearts of every fan. You can't find me one skins fan probably that would say he wasn't their favorite player before he died. Nobody could deny how great of a football player he was so like I said before **** cause you are speaking on something that has nothing to do with you or the Redskins. It's pretty obvious to me there is jealousy/hatred going on either that or you are heartless.
There is no jealousy, hatred, or heartlessness (if that is even a word). I'm trying to be objective. I think this is a great and proper way to honor him, but do you think this would be going on if his career ended in the scenario I created. The only reason I'm even thinking about this is because, like I said earlier, it could cause my from possibly forgetting a planned trip to DC.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
There is no jealousy, hatred, or heartlessness (if that is even a word). I'm trying to be objective. I think this is a great and proper way to honor him, but do you think this would be going on if his career ended in the scenario I created. The only reason I'm even thinking about this is because, like I said earlier, it could cause my from possibly forgetting a planned trip to DC.
To answer your question which has nothing to do with what happened, no. Lavar Arrington isn't in our ring of fame and that's pretty much what happened to him after 2-3 years. Who cares though you're bitchin about this cause ticket prices are going up now? Please, I don't even know what else to say.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And btw fed ex holds 92,000 and skins fans are pussies and sold 30,000 to steelers fans so don't fret.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To answer your question which has nothing to do with what happened, no. Lavar Arrington isn't in our ring of fame and that's pretty much what happened to him after 2-3 years. Who cares though you're bitchin about this cause ticket prices are going up now? Please, I don't even know what else to say.
Ok then you agree with me. This is a great way to honor a great player who died tragically. I'm not bitchin either. I'm just speaking my mind, I'm not upset about anything.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I think its cool
as do i. if your a giants fan then you have no idea what he meant to the Skins team/fans/management so just shut the **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Honestly though, the ring of honor is for the fans and the fans loved and will always remember Sean Taylor. I really don't have a problem with this because I know that 90% of the Redskins fans will approve of this happening.
good post

Last edited by TimD : 11-05-2008 at 02:09 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fedex is basicly a big bussines meeting
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
as do i. if your a giants fan then you have no idea what he meant to the Skins team/fans/management so just shut the **** up.
1 Giants fan spoke his opinion against it and 2 supported. Stop with the Giants hate people.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
fedex is basicly a big bussines meeting
I knew that. I was just figuring this is going to raise prices on stubhub, ebay, etc, by quite a bit. And this is not a great time for most people to spend any more money than they have to.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His NFL production may not warrant a spot on the Ring of Honor, but he was a young man who made bad decisions in his life and then started to become a better person so he could be a good role model for his daughter. That is very heroic to me

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I knew that. I was just figuring this is going to raise prices on stubhub, ebay, etc, by quite a bit. And this is not a great time for most people to spend any more money than they have to.
Don't worry, someone will sell you their tickets at a good rate. Fed Ex is such a terrible stadium it's the worst home field advantage ever. I am embarrassed with Skins fans at the moment. 6-2 vs 5-2 Steelers on monday night when were having arguably the best/most exciting season since 1991 and 30,000 tickets go to the Steelers. We had to go to a silent snap count in our own stadium what a ******* joke.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Don't worry, someone will sell you their tickets at a good rate. Fed Ex is such a terrible stadium it's the worst home field advantage ever. I am embarrassed with Skins fans at the moment. 6-2 vs 5-2 Steelers on monday night when were having arguably the best/most exciting season since 1991 and 30,000 tickets go to the Steelers. We had to go to a silent snap count in our own stadium what a ******* joke.
Thats rough. You guys can only pump in artificial crowd noice, too bad you can't pump out actual crowd noice.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thats rough. You guys can only pump in artificial crowd noice, too bad you can't pump out actual crowd noice.
Jim Zorn said it reminded him of the Superbowl in 2005. It really is embarrassing. Snyder needs to do something about ticket prices and needs to look at a way to make sure it's not so easy for people to sell tickets to rival teams. Skins fans who sold their tickets also need to kill themselves.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No **** but it was his play on the field and desire for the game that overwhelmed this DC are and won the hearts of every fan. You can't find me one skins fan probably that would say he wasn't their favorite player before he died. Nobody could deny how great of a football player he was so like I said before **** cause you are speaking on something that has nothing to do with you or the Redskins. It's pretty obvious to me there is jealousy/hatred going on either that or you are heartless.
Get over yourself. Don't post in the main thread if you want it to stay within your Redskin circle. Just because you feel one way, doesn't mean others do. Not sure what this has to do with 'you' directly, and i doubt you are 'part of the Redskins organization' also.....but we'll make an exception for you....hahaha.

Cool your Jets

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Get over yourself. Don't post in the main thread if you want it to stay within your Redskin circle. Just because you feel one way, doesn't mean others do. Not sure what this has to do with 'you' directly, and i doubt you are 'part of the Redskins organization' also.....but we'll make an exception for you....hahaha.

Cool your Jets
Others shouldn't give an S like you because how does it affect them if we honor Sean Taylor in our stadium? I've heard one thing, "I was gonna go to that game but now tickets prices are gonna go up...". Give me a frickin break. Talk to me when you're favorite player of all time is slain down tragically and the Jets decide to honor him in their own way. Until then, keep to yourself. I'll post my opinions in the main thread all I want when arbitrary things are being said about a way of honoring my favorite player of all time.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

classy move, he may have not played as long as the other guys in that ring, but when he stepped on that field, i promise you, there is hardly a safety out there who was more talented. that alone should get him up there.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

This is no different than the Brown's retiring number 45 in honor of Ernie Davis, who never played a down for them. It is classy, and shows respect for the players of the organization...

But for anyone to try to put him into any hall of fame would be stupid.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Very respectful move. Yes he was still young, but he was a huge part of the team and a fan favorite, so i see no fault in this
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

It's a nice gesture to put him in the ROF.

However, they shouldn't retire the number. The only player to have their number officially retired is Sammy Baugh. In my opinion, if guys like Darrell Green, Monk, and Jurgensen etc don't have their number retired, neither should Taylor.

Of course, I doubt there will be another 21 on the Redskins for a very, very long time.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice move by the Redskins

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Others shouldn't give an S like you because how does it affect them if we honor Sean Taylor in our stadium? I've heard one thing, "I was gonna go to that game but now tickets prices are gonna go up...". Give me a frickin break. Talk to me when you're favorite player of all time is slain down tragically and the Jets decide to honor him in their own way. Until then, keep to yourself. I'll post my opinions in the main thread all I want when arbitrary things are being said about a way of honoring my favorite player of all time.
haha, you are a joke. I didn't say a single negative thing about them honouring him. I loved Sean Taylor as a player, i followed him since his freshman season, just as i did his teammate Vilma, but you clearly have some sick obsession with him since you react to aggressively when discussion involves him. Especially since i said nothing negative about him being inducted into the Ring of Honour. I do see where some people are coming from. A tragic death doesn't necessarily deserve this, or the list could get very huge. He was far from a roll model, even if he was turning it around. The Redskins can do what they want....no one is stopping them, it obviously pleases fans, and people with crazy player obsessions, such as yourself, so a good move by them......regardless, you need to ease off the gas peddle, other people can post their opinion, even if it is different than your own.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez people have compassion. It's the Skins ring of honor. It's not the hall of fame. The ring of honor has no career qualifications for you do be inducted like the hall of fame. The ring of honor is simply a ring around the stadium which shows the Skins most remembered players. And Sean will be one of the most remembered players in Skins history. And for the guy who said it's a slap in the face to those who have made it in, I hardly agree, I doubt Darrell Green and Art Monk are pissed off because Sean is in the ring of honor. The ring of honor is strictly something in the stadium fans can look at to remember their favorite skins. This is not the hall of fame. Everyone just needs to calm down and chill out, Skins homers included. This is a great gesture by the team and Dan Snyder, and every current Skin as long as they live will remember Sean as one of the most influential people in their lives. And although it really has nothing to do with it, for someone who asked, Sean was very active in the DMV community. He may have had legal troubles earlier in his career down when he was in Miami, but whenever he was up here he never ran into any problems at all. He went to all charity events, and was very shy and quiet with the media. He was someone who you rarely saw interviewed as he hid from the media, but he would stay an extra hour after practice to sign autographs many times.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote