Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We have a new Redskin-Deangelo Hall

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3688600

Not a bad move if you ask me
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new redskin who has already has a thread about him?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone thought he'd go to a different NFC East team. Not a bad move by the skins at all.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
The new redskin who has already has a thread about him?
Well it was about the Raiders cutting him but I didn't see that so apologies
Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great move. Hall should thrive there. Press the guy, and play man. Exactly what he needs. I'm just unsure of his hand injury in a place where he's going to have to press. I think it's been a bigger issue this year then people are giving credit to.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Well it was about the Raiders cutting him but I didn't see that so apologies
Meh, I prob shouldn't have jumped all over you like a prick, but just pointing out he has his own thread. Perhaps this can be his Redskin thread. No biggie

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Meh, I prob shouldn't have jumped all over you like a prick, but just pointing out he has his own thread. Perhaps this can be his Redskin thread. No biggie
No sweat if I hadn't been lazy and hadn't jumped at the chance to start a thread it would've been all hypothetical anyway
Old 11-07-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get it.

The passrush is the problem in Washington.

Was has Rogers, Horton and Landry playing Pro-bowl quality ball. Smoot is probably in the upper echelon of Nickel backs and yes, Springs is old but he was also playing lights out.

I disagree with this based on the premise that He spent money in the wrong place.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good move, if he plays well with the skins does anyone think that they may offer him a long term deal?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
good move, if he plays well with the skins does anyone think that they may offer him a long term deal?
It will have to be a lot less than what Oakland were paying him but I think there's a good chance.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't get it.

Was has Rogers, Horton and Landry playing Pro-bowl quality ball. Smoot is probably in the upper echelon of Nickel backs and yes, Springs is old but he was also playing lights out.

I disagree with this based on the premise that He spent money in the wrong place.
Springs was playing lights out but hasn't played in forever. This move is like picking up extra depth and it just happens to be a former pro bowler. No harm if he sucks. If he turns out well, extra steal. You can never have enough DB's. And I don't see any pass rushers floating around.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't get it.

springs has been hurt half the year and theres zero depth after smoot. we got him for 500k this year how is that bad?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Depends.

If Hall keeps his head on and plays like the Redskins thinking.. He might price himself out of their range (Again because of their considerable talent in the secondary).

If he doesn't play well I can't see them keeping him.

From just getting an opportunity this last weekend like I said, their S's/Rogers (and Springs before injury) are playing pro-bowl level.

Fletcher is amazing and I am a huge Rocky McIntosh fan.

I'm guessing C/DE/SLB should be their list of offseason fixes.

If Hall earns his pre-Oakland paycheck.. I would suggest that Washington use that money to try and lure Julius Peppers away from Carolina..

With the secondary they have... Grab Alex Mack, a LB in round 2, and a Corner in 3 or 4.

I don't know all their needs I'm just going off what I saw against pittsburgh

Old 11-07-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
springs has been hurt half the year and theres zero depth after smoot. we got him for 500k this year how is that bad?
500k isn't bad at all I would have no issue with him for that.

I just don't think the secondary is the issue with the Skins.

and I was more talking about after this year as well.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have 2 jerseys of players who play for the Redskins. DeAngelo Hall (falcon) and LaRon Landry.

How many current Falcon players? 0. Damn I need a Ryan jersey.

Good pick up for the Redskins. I dont know much about their scheme, but lack of a pass rush might hurt Hall a lot more.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I have 2 jerseys of players who play for the Redskins. DeAngelo Hall (falcon) and LaRon Landry.

How many current Falcon players? 0. Damn I need a Ryan jersey.

Good pick up for the Redskins. I dont know much about their scheme, but lack of a pass rush might hurt Hall a lot more.
get a roddy white! roddy is the shiznit!! and with your track record maybe hell be a skin someday.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
get a roddy white! roddy is the shiznit!! and with your track record maybe hell be a skin someday.
Hell no. I am going to get the jersey of the franchise QB that we possibly cannot let go. lol

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

for the price....this was a great move for the skins
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

With Landry playing deep safety and his monster range, Hall should have a lot more room to play press coverage and take some chances.

And I doubt he tries any stupid **** in London Fletcher's locker room. That's just asking for trouble.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed."
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

And he has more interceptions than all of the Skins CBs combined ;)

And more importantly, he didn't go do Dallas who could use him much more than the Redskins.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It will have to be a lot less than what Oakland were paying him but I think there's a good chance.
I don't think it matters how he plays the rest of this year, Hall is not going to get the kind of deal he got in Oakland from any team. He was givin elite player type money and IMO Hall is not an elite corner.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It can't hurt for the price.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a resident of D.C., I'm excited. Hopefully I can see him live this year.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
DreadedDatSkinsFan
Rookie

DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan DreadedDatSkinsFan

Low risk...High reward type of move....This moves Leigh Torrence down the depth chart (thank goodness) and it also means Tryon probably wont see the field this year (another blessing)....W/ Springs hurt 9 games a year...and Smoot playin banged up...this move was genius...Especially for 500k...which I didnt know about...Cause we lacked depth on both islands....We got a bye week...So he can learn the scheme...Which is also another plus....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS

MarkieMark's dream 2010 Redskins mock: Updated 4/9
TRAAAADE DOOOOWN
Round 1- OT Brian Bulaga- Iowa
Round 4- OT Sam Young- Notre Damn
Round 5- C John Estes- Hawaii
Round 7- RB/WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday- LSU
DreadedDatSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote