Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No complaints here. Personally I'd have Denver a bit higher but maybe thats because of last night's win. I just see them as a bit better of a team than the Saints, Dolphins and Jaguars.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
No complaints here. Personally I'd have Denver a bit higher but maybe thats because of last night's win. I just see them as a bit better of a team than the Saints, Dolphins and Jaguars.
Broncos are on the cusp. I think they have a bottom 5 defense in the league with the injuries. And with everyone and their mother on IR within their backfield...I can't realistically think they finish above .500 with the crappy weather around the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I don't really have a problem with the Vikings rating. I do think they are a better team than the Packers but I guess we will find out for sure soon enough. If the Packers lose to the Vikings and are still rated above the Packers then I will have a problem but now I am fine with everything.
The Packers could have very easily beat the Titans who are 8-0, the Vikings could barely beat the Lions who are 0-8. The Packers also beat the Vikings once this season for like the 6th time in a row. So exactly whats the problem? How are the Vikings better?

As for Peterson he has had good games but never monster games againist us. 112, 47, and 103......

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
The Packers could have very easily beat the Titans who are 8-0, the Vikings could barely beat the Lions who are 0-8. The Packers also beat the Vikings once this season for like the 6th time in a row. So exactly whats the problem? How are the Vikings better?

As for Peterson he has had good games but never monster games againist us. 112, 47, and 103......
Did you not actually read my post? I said the rankings on their two teams are fine because while I personally think the Packers are horrendous (homer bias) and the Vikings will prove to be the better team this weekend it has not happened yet. Thus the teams are where they should be. So I don't know why you are arguing a post that is agreeing the Packers should be higher right now. Don't go using the Packers could have easily beat the Titans argument because I could also say that about the Vikings when they played the Titans. All I said was this week will prove who the better team is which is true.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where would u guys rank the Bears?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you not actually read my post? I said the rankings on their two teams are fine because while I personally think the Packers are horrendous (homer bias) and the Vikings will prove to be the better team this weekend it has not happened yet. Thus the teams are where they should be. So I don't know why you are arguing a post that is agreeing the Packers should be higher right now. Don't go using the Packers could have easily beat the Titans argument because I could also say that about the Vikings when they played the Titans. All I said was this week will prove who the better team is which is true.
Even if the Vikings did somehow win that shouldn't automatically put them ahead of the Packers. And you said I think the Vikings are better so I was curious as to why?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs beat 4 of the teams ranked above them and have better records than 3 of them as well. The only team that has a better record (Panthers) was ***** slapped all over the field by the Bucs 27-3. And the defense has peaked? The young guys are only getting better. Ruud, Talib, TJax, Gaines have no where near peaked.

And you can't fault them for squeaking out a win against KC. Washington squeaked one out against Detroit last week and a win is a win. I think you just hate the bucs for some reason.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I smell a

Old 11-07-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Even if the Vikings did somehow win that shouldn't automatically put them ahead of the Packers. And you said I think the Vikings are better so I was curious as to why?
And I explained Homer bias.

I think beating you this Sunday for sure puts us ahead. We will have the better record and will have split the season series while having a schedule on par with yours. That to me means we would automatically be better. Now have we beat you yet? No. So we will have to wait and see what happens. If you beat us this week there is no way we should ever be ranked close to you in the power rankings.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is campbell cant go deep because we have a bad offensive line and really dont run that many multiple wide reciver sets
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earnest Graham has only been a non-factor due to injuries to other RB's forcing him to play FB and because of injuries to himself.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
The problem is campbell cant go deep because we have a bad offensive line and really dont run that many multiple wide reciver sets
That and Santana is our only wideout who can stretch the field vertically. Take him out and we have no one else. Randle El is an awful vertical threat, and don't get me started on James Thrash. Devin Thomas isn't there either. Cooley works the middle like a beast though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you can evaluate a team based on their schedule and record. Green Bay may be 4-4 but was never out of a game before mid way through the fourth quarter and that was once, against the pre-sucking Cowboys. We have the talent and mentality to win but come up a few plays short of a W unlike last year where we found a way to pull them out. As for the Vikings-Packers comparison, I find the Packers to be the better overall team but my opinion doesnt have any substance being a homer. Any non biased fans wanna comment on who the better team is between Minn and Green Bay, kind of curious.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

how about Minny, GB and the Bears?

Old 11-08-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
how about Minny, GB and the Bears?
That would work too. Mine would be:

Minnesota << Chicago < Green Bay

Only because of Orton's injury. I really just don't see it in this Minnesota team that puts them over Chicago or Green Bay.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
That would work too. Mine would be:

Minnesota << Chicago < Green Bay

Only because of Orton's injury. I really just don't see it in this Minnesota team that puts them over Chicago or Green Bay.
Right now I have Bears > Packers > Vikings as far as how they should be ranked. Talent wise I am biased so I won't even comment on that. After this week (I think teams have started to show their true colors the past couple weeks so it is easier to rank them) if teh Vikings beat the Packers I would rank it Bears > Vikings > Packers with all of them still being very close ranking wise and if the Packers win I would rank it Bears > Packers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vikings. Now if the Bears lose which is likely but not a sure thing I would have the Bears and Vikings tied if the Vikings beat the Packers and if the Bears lose in a close game I would have them tied with the Packers if the Packers win.

Sorry, that might be a little complicated. I tried to be unbiased but it is near impossible.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Right now I have Bears > Packers > Vikings as far as how they should be ranked. Talent wise I am biased so I won't even comment on that. After this week (I think teams have started to show their true colors the past couple weeks so it is easier to rank them) if teh Vikings beat the Packers I would rank it Bears > Vikings > Packers with all of them still being very close ranking wise and if the Packers win I would rank it Bears > Packers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vikings. Now if the Bears lose which is likely but not a sure thing I would have the Bears and Vikings tied if the Vikings beat the Packers and if the Bears lose in a close game I would have them tied with the Packers if the Packers win.

Sorry, that might be a little complicated. I tried to be unbiased but it is near impossible.
You're right that the last couple weeks teams have shown their true colors. This coming Sunday will tell us alot about not only the teams but the division. I know saying Week 10 is a big week for the playoff picture is kind of insane but tomorrow will show us alot about the NFC North perspective. It's almost impossible to assess a team's talent compared to your own team's so I wont even bother with that. The Packers have shown what they are capable of the last three weeks and IMO we should have won the game against the Titans if it werent for the underneath screens on 3rd and long but we didnt so well have to move on.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

If we win with Rex Grossman im gonna run around our block naked shouting: "**** IT IM GOING DEEP"

Old 11-08-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see the Panthers top 5. They're the best team no one is hearing about. They're running the ball well and playing very, very good defense.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#25, We Are Creeping Up There!