Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default YFS's Random Musings for This Week

I did coke for the first time in a long time and I'm incredibly yakked out right now. There, I said it. Mods, infract and suspend me, just leave my post alone. Don't censor your posters, as they are the life of this website.

So get ready for my longest post in a long time. I apologize for the tagents.

I went to the KC vs SD game. It was like 65 degrees, so, southern California by like I am, I was naturally freezing my ass off. But I paid attention to a few matchups in particular.

-Brandon Albert absolutely owned Jyles Tucker all day. To be quite frank, Tyler Thigpen didn't really have to move his feet at all today, and the times he did, it seemed like he easily escaped San Diego pressure. Thigpen's a scrappy son of a gun. I'm very interested to see what he does the rest of the season, now that teams have some tape on him.

-Antonio Cromartie is terrible, but I'm not sure it's all his fault. I never saw Cromartie play closer than seven yards off the receiver he was supposed to be guarding, and SD had him playing a lot of zone. He has trouble reading the quarterback when he has two offensive players in his area. Meaning, he gets looked off easily. He chases the outside receiver inside too often when the inside receiver is coming back in. Kid has a lot of work to do in cleaning up his coverage. He's really not that good without Shawne Merriman being in the quarterback's face on every play and forcing errant throws.

-The PI call at the end of the game on KC was BS.

-Philip Rivers' arm is painfully weak. When he throws the out, I swear it takes the ball forever to get there. Rivers' greatest strength comes in his ability to read defenses and look safeties and linebackers off. He is excellent at this.

-I was extremely impressed with Kansas City's young safety duo. Both fly to the ball in run support and have good range playing the deep half of the field in KC's Tampa Two scheme. KC's young corner's got abused today though.

-I have endzone seats. Considering that I am an offensive line coach, this is very pleasurable for me, as I get to pay close attention to the offensive lines and their schemes. I have to say, SD's offensive line is still very good at run blocking. LT, injured or not, was clearly not running with the same vision that he used to have. I've had season tickets for the past three years in these endzone seats (although this is the first game I've been to this year), but the difference in running style was painfully obvious. LT ran with some of the best vision I've ever seen. He literally used to see cutback lanes before they opened up, a beautiful thing to watch. This year, something's off. Like I said, it's not 100% the foot injury. He's just not seeing the field like he has in previous years.

-Conversely, I hope LJ gives a 100% effort for the Chiefs when he comes back. The Chiefs offensive line isn't bad by any means. TBH, Albert and Waters already look like they're forming into a formidable combo.

-I loved the move by Herman Edwards to go for two. You're 1-7 and you're away. You've got nothing else to lose this season. Give your players the opportunity to make big plays and see if they come through in the clutch. That's what football is all about, after all. Fantasy football really has ruined the average football fan's idea of what a "good" player is. I don't care how many stats a guy can put up in garbage time or against garbage teams. The film is the only way you can tell if a certain player has the "it" factor. And all the "it" factor is, is how a player responds in the clutch. Big time players make big time plays in big games. Front runners do well when everything's going well, but take a dump when their team needs them the most.

-I love how Pittsburgh and Indianapolis use incredibly similar players Troy Polamalu and Bob Sanders in completely different ways. They both really are two fun players to watch.

-Learn about The Secret. I swear, if anybody is an example of it, it's the Giants. To sum it up for you guys, I'll say this: in sports, success brings confidence and confidence brings more success. The Giants know and believe that they are better than everyone else. People who doubted how good they would be this year were fools. Football, like basketball, is very much an EFFORT game. And your effort is a reflection of your attitude. If you have a group of men who are focused on the same goals and buy into the program, their effort will reflect it. Subsequently, their play will reflect it as well.

-To further that, I'll say this: people can hate on Eli all they want about his consistency, but I can tell you this about the guy: he has made a habit of coming through in the clutch, when his team really needs him. My dad is a Giants fan, so I've watched Eli's maturation quite closely. He's not a guy that's going to wow you with his precision and consistency, like his brother. But to be quite honest, if the game is on the line, and we're in a pressure cooker situation, I'd take Eli over his brother.

-I'd also like to take this time to make a tribute to the city of San Diego. You really are America's Finest City. You have the most beautiful women and people with the most laid back personalities. I literally saw two or three groups of people lighting up blunts and joints in the smoking sections of the stadium without getting hassled by security or the police. Fans weren't rude or obnoxious to Chiefs fans. It really was a large gathering of people who just wanted to have a good time. People, learn to not take life so seriously. Especially when it comes to sports. You may make fun of your girlfriends and wives for how seriously they take their soap operas and stupid reality TV shows, but realize that sports is just our male version of those things. I wasn't kidding when I said ESPN is really E!SPN. Sports is supposed to be our entertainment - our escape we have from the daily grind. So everybody do me a favor and stop taking it so seriously.

Two random quotes for you all to read and think about: "The more I see, the less I know for sure." - John Lennon

"To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy." - Billie Joe Armstrong

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 11-10-2008 at 04:58 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I told you next time you come down...

you missed out on some norco's too.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was only town for the day. And I was with my pops the whole time.

I plan on making an SD visit that is a few days long sometime around Thanksgiving though.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I was only town for the day. And I was with my pops the whole time.

I plan on making an SD visit that is a few days long sometime around Thanksgiving though.
Well I'm in PB dude. That's where the action is at anyway. pm me when you're gettin ready.

agree with a lot of your points.

My dad is a charger fan so I watched the game with him and my roommate today.

All I know is if this team was thinking about letting Merriman walk -- they better flip that script real quick.

To go along with that terrible P.I. call on Hart, I have to say the Bowe catch a few plays before that should have been reviewed by the officials. It was much closer than the catch that was reviewed and overturned before it.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Well I'm in PB dude. That's where the action is at anyway. pm me when you're gettin ready.

agree with a lot of your points.

My dad is a charger fan so I watched the game with him and my roommate today.

All I know is if this team was thinking about letting Merriman walk -- they better flip that script real quick.

To go along with that terrible P.I. call on Hart, I have to say the Bowe catch a few plays before that should have been reviewed by the officials. It was much closer than the catch that was reviewed and overturned before it.
I actually had a long conversation concerning this with my dad's friend during the game. I thought that they were going to let him walk too (since he's inevitably going to be the highest paid defensive player in league history). This year shows how important he is to them. Their defense, tbh, sucks without him. He's that important and he deserves to be paid accordingly.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I actually had a long conversation concerning this with my dad's friend during the game. I thought that they were going to let him walk too (since he's inevitably going to be the highest paid defensive player in league history). This year shows how important he is to them. Their defense, tbh, sucks without him. He's that important and he deserves to be paid accordingly.
Ron Rivera is not going to fix the problems on this D. Ted Cotrell is the same guy he was last here, he was just missing his best player.

The corners are still playing 8 yards off, which is insane. I watch the Cowboys do it every week and I get pissed, so I imagine Charger fans feel the same.

Merriman has a huge effect on about 4 guys. Shaun Phillips, Antonio Cromartie, Quinten Jammer, and Luis Castillo all live off of this guy.

They are all having down years in his absence. His presence on the field allows Castillo and Phillips to avoid double teams and obviously Jammer and Cro reap the benefits of that.

If there was any doubt before, It should be clear to SD fans that Merriman needs to be the top priority, not cromartie.

Last edited by Burns336 : 11-10-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great post, always nice to get some thoughts of people who know their football stuff

ive got to agree on Cromartie being terrible. I think when he was man to man he got often beat by Mark Bradley. Cant believe how hyped he was.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice ELggett has no right being on an NFL field. If brandon Flowers, Pat THomas, Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson play thjatgame the outcome is 100x's different. I was hope with the overall play of the offense but some of the 3rd down play calls killed the chiefs.

Branden Albert is the truth.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Watch out, the Giants homer comments are headed your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right about our corners, but if we have Brandon Flowers in that game it ends up a lot different I think. Carr got abused a bit but he's a rookie and has played well all season so far so I'm not worried about him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-I'd also like to take this time to make a tribute to the city of San Diego. You really are America's Finest City. You have the most beautiful women and people with the most laid back personalities. I literally saw two or three groups of people lighting up blunts and joints in the smoking sections of the stadium without getting hassled by security or the police. Fans weren't rude or obnoxious to Chiefs fans. It really was a large gathering of people who just wanted to have a good time. People, learn to not take life so seriously. Especially when it comes to sports. You may make fun of your girlfriends and wives for how seriously they take their soap operas and stupid reality TV shows, but realize that sports is just our male version of those things. I wasn't kidding when I said ESPN is really E!SPN. Sports is supposed to be our entertainment - our escape we have from the daily grind. So everybody do me a favor and stop taking it so seriously.
San Diego might be the greatest city in the world. But when I went there, the fans were not warm. Although they were still upset at Eli for the draft day business and they were ready to take it out on all Giant fans.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

exactly also early in the game Jammer basically held Bowe on a 3rd down that should have been PI but was'nt called
Old 11-10-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-I loved the move by Herman Edwards to go for two. You're 1-7 and you're away. You've got nothing else to lose this season. Give your players the opportunity to make big plays and see if they come through in the clutch. That's what football is all about, after all. Fantasy football really has ruined the average football fan's idea of what a "good" player is. I don't care how many stats a guy can put up in garbage time or against garbage teams. The film is the only way you can tell if a certain player has the "it" factor. And all the "it" factor is, is how a player responds in the clutch. Big time players make big time plays in big games. Front runners do well when everything's going well, but take a dump when their team needs them the most.
ilu <3

Quote:
-Learn about The Secret. I swear, if anybody is an example of it, it's the Giants. To sum it up for you guys, I'll say this: in sports, success brings confidence and confidence brings more success. The Giants know and believe that they are better than everyone else. People who doubted how good they would be this year were fools. Football, like basketball, is very much an EFFORT game. And your effort is a reflection of your attitude. If you have a group of men who are focused on the same goals and buy into the program, their effort will reflect it. Subsequently, their play will reflect it as well.

-To further that, I'll say this: people can hate on Eli all they want about his consistency, but I can tell you this about the guy: he has made a habit of coming through in the clutch, when his team really needs him. My dad is a Giants fan, so I've watched Eli's maturation quite closely. He's not a guy that's going to wow you with his precision and consistency, like his brother. But to be quite honest, if the game is on the line, and we're in a pressure cooker situation, I'd take Eli over his brother.
<3
Old 11-10-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To add to what you said, I also agree that Tomlinson is at the end of his career. The most glaring issue to me is: he runs scared. He's Shaun Alexander these days. He's affraid of contact.

The guy runs to not get hit, instead of running for yards. And on top of that, all the media love the past 2 years has completely gone to his head. He's a diva, even though we don't hear about it. Its going to be interesting how SD deals with this situation. The truth is, he's not the player he used to be, and won't be any time soon. And the offense revolves around Phillip Rivers now.

As odd as this sounds, Tomlinson and the lack of a real RB in SD is holding this offense and team back.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ron Rivera is not going to fix the problems on this D. Ted Cotrell is the same guy he was last here, he was just missing his best player.

The corners are still playing 8 yards off, which is insane. I watch the Cowboys do it every week and I get pissed, so I imagine Charger fans feel the same.

Merriman has a huge effect on about 4 guys. Shaun Phillips, Antonio Cromartie, Quinten Jammer, and Luis Castillo all live off of this guy.

They are all having down years in his absence. His presence on the field allows Castillo and Phillips to avoid double teams and obviously Jammer and Cro reap the benefits of that.

If there was any doubt before, It should be clear to SD fans that Merriman needs to be the top priority, not cromartie.
Jammer is actually still playing at a high level this year. I was absolutely stunned when I saw him get burned on that first TD. Besides that obvious mistake, he's playing at a pro bowl level this year. Too bad he only has one interception, which means that he won't make it again.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oh and let's revisit that Shockey trade.

So Shockey quits on a throw and gets chewed out by Brees. Big surprise. For all the talent and heart the guy has, he's dumb as an ox and always injured.

And it looks like he's not the same player he used to be. That leg injury did him in. He's not a great pass catcher anymore. Kevin Boss is not only smarter, a better team player, has better hands, and runs better routes, he's also developing into a more productive pass catching threat than Shockey is at this point in his career.

The only thing Shockey has on Boss is run blocking. And Boss is improving a ton in that respect. So we basically got rid of an injury prone malcontent who's not even as good as our backup TE at this point in his career for a 2nd and 5th. Sweet.

Although it pains me to see Shockey like this. I always liked him. Had tons of potential. And was at one point a dominant TE who was severely underutilized. But at this point in his career, he's not what he used to be. We made the right call.

Eh, maybe Im being hard on Shockey. I still love the guy. And Brees was kind of out of line that time. But it doesn't hide the fact that Shockey's play is going down while Boss's is going up.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 11-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh and let's revisit that Shockey trade.

So Shockey quits on a throw and gets chewed out by Brees. Big surprise. For all the talent and heart the guy has, he's dumb as an ox and always injured.

And it looks like he's not the same player he used to be. That leg injury did him in. He's not a great pass catcher anymore. Kevin Boss is not only smarter, a better team player, has better hands, and runs better routes, he's also developing into a more productive pass catching threat than Shockey is at this point in his career.

The only thing Shockey has on Boss is run blocking. And Boss is improving a ton in that respect. So we basically got rid of an injury prone malcontent who's not even as good as our backup TE at this point in his career for a 2nd and 5th. Sweet.

Although it pains me to see Shockey like this. I always liked him. Had tons of potential. And was at one point a dominant TE who was severely underutilized. But at this point in his career, he's not what he used to be. We made the right call.

Eh, maybe Im being hard on Shockey. I still love the guy. And Brees was kind of out of line that time. But it doesn't hide the fact that Shockey's play is going down while Boss's is going up.
And people questioned why I absolutely despises/loathed that trade when it was in the preliminary stages of being discussed.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
And people questioned why I absolutely despises/loathed that trade when it was in the preliminary stages of being discussed.
yes you did.

i remember being indifferent to it. i felt if we keep him, great, he's still a good player. if we lose him for picks, great, bc we get draft picks and i was high on Kevin Boss. so it was a win win situation for me as a Giants fan.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To add to what you said, I also agree that Tomlinson is at the end of his career. The most glaring issue to me is: he runs scared. He's Shaun Alexander these days. He's affraid of contact.

The guy runs to not get hit, instead of running for yards. And on top of that, all the media love the past 2 years has completely gone to his head. He's a diva, even though we don't hear about it. Its going to be interesting how SD deals with this situation. The truth is, he's not the player he used to be, and won't be any time soon. And the offense revolves around Phillip Rivers now.

As odd as this sounds, Tomlinson and the lack of a real RB in SD is holding this offense and team back.
Im really getting tired of hearing everyone saying this is the end of LT's career when the man is 29. Hes slowed down this year because of lingering injuries. Hes running scared? "the lack of a real RB in SD is holding this offense and team back." really? When its goalline situation LT will be in there and he runs it up the gut. Yeah hes running scared, but wait you dont watch enough games to make that assumption.

So hes having a slow year, omg his career is over hes not having the most elite season everzz.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills are collapsing. Lost 4 of their last 5 and their OL is pretty bad right now. Edwards and Lynch haven't played well lately either. That's partly the OL's fault but Edwards just doesn't look the same as he did in the beginning of the season.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Im really getting tired of hearing everyone saying this is the end of LT's career when the man is 29. Hes slowed down this year because of lingering injuries. Hes running scared? "the lack of a real RB in SD is holding this offense and team back." really? When its goalline situation LT will be in there and he runs it up the gut. Yeah hes running scared, but wait you dont watch enough games to make that assumption.

So hes having a slow year, omg his career is over hes not having the most elite season everzz.
the guy is averaging 3.8 ypc. yes, he is running scared, i watch plenty of charger games, i have a vested interest in LT for 2 years in a row now bc he's been on my fantasy teams, and Ive seen the transformation.

the guy avoids contact as much as he can. to me he's running scared. he's a feature back, he's supposed to be doing better than he is. now i also think Norv's ineptitude, while great for developing Rivers, has been a big reason why he's having a down year as well. But when watching him play, the thing that stands out to me is, the guy tries to avoid contact as much as possible. A great runner, which he was for a long time, knows how to get dirty and set an attitude. The attitude is gone with LT. and when thats gone, its dangerous for their futures.

I think Schotty used him better than Norv does. But still, I see a big difference in ability and heart on the guy.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just dont see how people can say a football players career is over when hes having a bad year with lingering injuries. But in games hes shown flashes of his past self. People dont take account how a toe injury can effect your play. Look what it has done to DMAC and Antonio Gates just to name a few.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I just dont see how people can say a football players career is over when hes having a bad year with lingering injuries. But in games hes shown flashes of his past self. People dont take account how a toe injury can effect your play. Look what it has done to DMAC and Antonio Gates just to name a few.
thats the thing with older RBs though. a lot of times, the wall is sudden. it just hits you and theres no turning back.

a toe injury to DMac is concerning, but not alarming bc he's still young. LT's lingering injuries from last year onto this year raise concerns, bc he has miles on him. we can't just assume that he'll magically become healthy again and poof everything will be ok again. it doesn't work that way, not with older Backs.

think of it this way: he plays KC, Denver, and Oakland twice a year. All 3 of those teams have pathetic defenses. And he still hasn't been able to really light it up, or even have a very good game outside of 2 games this year.

And AJ Smith trying to trade for Michael Bush in my eyes says that the people who know more than any of us do, the guys who are around him every day, see the end coming soon too.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
thats the thing with older RBs though. a lot of times, the wall is sudden. it just hits you and theres no turning back.

a toe injury to DMac is concerning, but not alarming bc he's still young. LT's lingering injuries from last year onto this year raise concerns, bc he has miles on him. we can't just assume that he'll magically become healthy again and poof everything will be ok again. it doesn't work that way, not with older Backs.

think of it this way: he plays KC, Denver, and Oakland twice a year. All 3 of those teams have pathetic defenses. And he still hasn't been able to really light it up, or even have a very good game outside of 2 games this year.

And AJ Smith trying to trade for Michael Bush in my eyes says that the people who know more than any of us do, the guys who are around him every day, see the end coming soon too.
Im not gonna call his career over based off half a season. Even when hes not the same back he used to be, hes still a great RB. I just hate it when people think someones career is done because of how bad someone performs in half a season. Ill wait till the next season do that.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
exactly also early in the game Jammer basically held Bowe on a 3rd down that should have been PI but was'nt called
Or Hart holding Gonzo for about 4 seconds on the 2 pt. conversion at the end.

So real bad calls or no calls in both directions.