Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-09-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Ha, yeah. In all these games, I always hit a wall myself, which is fine, it still is fun.

I wish I could fix this NAT stuff to play Gears more. But, even after resetting the router, the default username/pass doesn't work. Grrr
I had the same problem when Halo 3 first came out. It helps if your not using a wireless router. I reset mine and it fixed it, try to reset the settings on your 360 as well. Is that a big problem with gears 2 so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I had the same problem when Halo 3 first came out. It helps if your not using a wireless router. I reset mine and it fixed it, try to reset the settings on your 360 as well. Is that a big problem with gears 2 so far?
It's just my NAT settings. Im in an apartment building and get internet for free, which is nice, but the router/firewall they use isn't XBox compatible, so my NAT is Strict.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the Mirror's Edge and NCAA Basketball 09 demos just now.

Mirror's Edge was alright...it didnt blow me away or anything but, I might give it a rent. The free running in Assassins Creed was a lot more fun, imo.

I've never been a fan of EA Basketball games. They tend to be inferior to 2K but, I dont have a choice now when it comes to college basketball. Anyway, Ncca Basketball 09 isn't all that bad...Graphics are pretty sharp but, I do have a few complaints. In comparison to the College Hoops games...the players all feel robotic. They always want to face toward the hoop or ball handler...you cant just turn and run. Just feels stiff. Another complaint would be camera angles...I tried them all and they're all just a little off. I dont understand how people play w/ that sideline view, it's so stupid. So, I always played w/ the 2K angle in College Hoops but, this game only has an overhead view that is kind of a ways away so, the players look kind of small. It will take some getting used to. I also hate having two buttons for shooting and layup/dunking. Shooting w/ B just seems stupid. But yeah, it will have to do and I'm sure it will grow on me. It really wasnt all that bad really...my biggest gripe is the robotic type players on the defensive end and that i cant stretch my arms out when defending.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Speaking of Halo... I'm kinda like a few of you guys, in that I'm in a small minority of people who strongly dislike Halo. To be fair to the game though, I'm a PS2 convert and thus never played the first two. And I suck at Halo. I think that if I go at a guy who has a nice weapon, and I just have my assault rifle, the rifle shouldn't be totally useless.
It's really easy to fall in love with Halo. Play the campaign first to get used to all the weapons and equipment. Then when you'll play you'll realize how much depth there is to the multiplayer beyond just assault rifles and snipers, and you'll appreciate it instead of hating it.

The AR sucks, as do the noobs that wield it. It does no damage and it doesn't hold enough ammo so you always have to melee for a kill. I keep getting AR noobs on my teams and I've lost like 90% of my games this week because of awful teammates.

Quote:
It's not Chris! I think if you practiced more, you'd be all good.
Yes, the assault rifle is totally useless. Learn how to use the battle rifle and you'll never go back. Practice is big in Halo. It takes more than just skill (shooting) to do well. You have to be experienced to know what to do in certain situations because there's so many variables. I'm not that good at sniping but I'm really good at certain maps because of good positioning and movement.

Like the other guy said, getting spawn killed blows...especially if it's on Slayer where you spawn with garbage weapons.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just to put my 2 cents in...

call of duty 5 beta didnt impress me. The maps are pretty cool but the graphics took a step back. Plus those damn dogs were so annoying.

Im a Halo man. Always will be. If any of you all wan.t to play Halo, my gamertag is xxJakkerxx.

And btw, the AR isnt that terrible of a weapon, but you are comparing it to the best weapon in the game (br). The AR does decent enough damage and has decent enough range. But i hate when people just AR+melee. Especially if im jumping backwards and they lunge across the damn map. its so aggravating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm extremely impressed with GOW2 as I play through the campaigns more, graphics are amazing, love the gun selection, and while I'm not a huge gamer like most here I was a HUGE Halo guy for the original XBOX, one of my favorite games still and this reminds me of Halo except alot more realism involved...This is coming from someone who didn't play the first so I don't know if it is exactly alike or not, but I'm happy with the money I spent on this, Bad Company on the other hand I took back a week after I bought it.

I think I will hear some peoples comments on COD5 here first, I really want a racing game, and the new Midnight Club looks worth playing(Dub edition was the **** seriously), but I need to start renting more and see what I'll like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you know what you are doing with the AR you can use it effectively, esp when you get team slayer on a map like standoff, or any map really. The key is to shoot in bursts like the BR, at medium ranges, makes it more accurate as well as conserving rounds.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo, you around? Anyone else want to play Gears if not?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya the servers have been very slow and it takes a while to find an online match because they're trying to match players based on skill.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What's your XBL tag Todd?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It's really easy to fall in love with Halo. Play the campaign first to get used to all the weapons and equipment. Then when you'll play you'll realize how much depth there is to the multiplayer beyond just assault rifles and snipers, and you'll appreciate it instead of hating it.

The AR sucks, as do the noobs that wield it. It does no damage and it doesn't hold enough ammo so you always have to melee for a kill. I keep getting AR noobs on my teams and I've lost like 90% of my games this week because of awful teammates.

Yes, the assault rifle is totally useless. Learn how to use the battle rifle and you'll never go back. Practice is big in Halo. It takes more than just skill (shooting) to do well. You have to be experienced to know what to do in certain situations because there's so many variables. I'm not that good at sniping but I'm really good at certain maps because of good positioning and movement.

Like the other guy said, getting spawn killed blows...especially if it's on Slayer where you spawn with garbage weapons.
I'll consider that. I think it was largely an experience thing because I didn't play through the campaign, and also I don't know where the good guns are hidden. I was thinking about getting Halo 1 and 2 just so I can learn the ropes, would you recommend that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My Gold subscription expired. :( :( :( :(

Looks like I'll be renewing that tomorrow if I can get away from work for a while.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll consider that. I think it was largely an experience thing because I didn't play through the campaign, and also I don't know where the good guns are hidden. I was thinking about getting Halo 1 and 2 just so I can learn the ropes, would you recommend that?
Halo is so last year. Gears 2 is where it's at. I have discovered that I am the king of trap setting. I have not come across one person who is better than me at this.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Halo is so last year. Gears 2 is where it's at. I have discovered that I am the king of trap setting. I have not come across one person who is better than me at this.
A toddler can set traps. A real man grabs Chaps by the balls and drags him across the map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
A toddler can set traps. A real man grabs Chaps by the balls and drags him across the map.
Maybe so but that makes me the king of all toddlers. It is unreal how great a trapsetter I am. In modes that require trapsetting I am the most cutch man around.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Maybe so but that makes me the king of all toddlers. It is unreal how great a trapsetter I am. In modes that require trapsetting I am the most cutch man around.
Fine I will admit you know how to set traps. I think the only way to describe my playing style is in this clip. Click
Quote:
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Old 11-11-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I am the greatest teammate ever.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I am the greatest teammate ever.
You are the team medic/kill stealer, I am the team trap setter, and Primetime is the team wildcard.

EDIT: No joke I posted that Primetime is the team wildcard before looking at the It's Always Sunny clip. You aure do know your own playing style.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I do still do some bad ass stuff with power weapons too!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

I might buy some coffee so I dont lose anymore chainsaw battles. If you know someone who can hook me up PM me.
Quote:

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 11-11-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all suck on River!

River and Submission are my bitches.

And I don't know why you guys don't win many chainsaw battles. I have won every battle I have been in except the very first one.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got my copy of GOW2 today. You guys are lucky I don't have Live, else I would demolish all of you. :P
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
You all suck on River!

River and Submission are my bitches.

And I don't know why you guys don't win many chainsaw battles. I have won every battle I have been in except the very first one.
Primetime wins a bunch. I just suck at them.

And Paul, get Live, it will be the best $50 you've ever spent.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just cut my way through a giant worm...Pretty awesome.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depends, if you have friends who will play through campaign with you then id say def go for it. The weapons are a little different in every game ex: the needler in Halo 3 is the only version of it thats any good. Halo 3s community is still very large, im on almost every night, Im sure ill get on gears when i get the money to purchase it, but i feel like after thats died down a bit ill go back to halo. If you want Id play thro halo campaign, me and a friend have been wanting to go thro it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote