Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

2. Jeromey Clary, RT, who might be decent depth one day but considering he can't run or pass block, I'm not sure how he's still starting over LJ Shelton. I think he'll lose his job before the season is out. Hardwick too maybe, he is getting pushed deep into the backfield on nearly every play.
Jerome Clary is an excellent pass blocker. He's one of the reasons Rivers is doing well this year. Yesterday was a subpar day for him, but still light years better than Olivea. Unfortunately, he's not as good as Olivea in the run blocking department. What we need is someone better to replace Goff. And I like Nick. I honestly do, but he does get pushed around too much against bigger DLineman.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:38 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I really hope for the chargers sake that the fire Norv and get a real Head Coach this offseason. That and reworking the offensive line would have LT playing very effectively again, I don't think he'll dominate again but that's just a gut feeling from watching how different he looks this season from seasons past, but with this becoming Rivers' team he doesn't need to be.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:53 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
LOL wtf... Not sure what doing coke has to do with anything, and no just because you say you did it doesn't make you cool.

Did you just figure out Rivers had a weak arm?
Assuming he's saying that to excuse his e-motormouth in that post.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
The Chargers really can't commit to the run, because they've been behind in all 9 games by my count. Tomlinson doesn't run as hard, and the blocking hasn't been good. But if the Chargers could get a lead early in the game for once and stay patient with the run, the lanes will be there in the 4th quarter. I think San Diego is last in the NFL in T.O.P.
I agree and Rivers is playing well so why not keep letting him do his thing while hes hot excluding this weekends game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Jerome Clary is an excellent pass blocker. He's one of the reasons Rivers is doing well this year. Yesterday was a subpar day for him, but still light years better than Olivea. Unfortunately, he's not as good as Olivea in the run blocking department. What we need is someone better to replace Goff. And I like Nick. I honestly do, but he does get pushed around too much against bigger DLineman.
I don't even think he's that hot of a pass blocker; being better than Olivea basically means nothing. He gets points for being nimble enough to stay with some speed rushers but overall he does get beat too often; Rivers has been warding off jailbreaks all year because his release is ridiculously fast.

A blue chip RT would have an enormous impact on our O-line. Hopefully AJ has figured this out by now too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
LOL wtf... Not sure what doing coke has to do with anything, and no just because you say you did it doesn't make you cool.

Did you just figure out Rivers had a weak arm?
u really have no idea who u are talking to

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
u really have no idea who u are talking to

Do ya punk?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't even think he's that hot of a pass blocker; being better than Olivea basically means nothing. He gets points for being nimble enough to stay with some speed rushers but overall he does get beat too often; Rivers has been warding off jailbreaks all year because his release is ridiculously fast.

A blue chip RT would have an enormous impact on our O-line. Hopefully AJ has figured this out by now too.
Ever since he took over for Olivea, he's been our best pass blocker. Heck, unlike LJ Shelton or McNeill, Clary is playing on an island by himself without a TE to help out.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The "Does LT shy away from contact" argument is impossible to answer. On one hand, he's gone out of bounds throughout his career instead of fighting for that extra inch.

On the other hand, his power, grit and determination on the goal line and usually on short yardage are undeniable, and physical as all hell. And he's never met a monster stiff arm opportunity he hasn't liked.

So it really just comes down to whatever your own personal criteria are.
I think he's smart-physical. Like I haven't seen much of him because I don't get many SD games, but I'd imagine that he isn't running out of bounds with a 7 yard gain when it is 3rd and 8. He's gonna save himself for more important yards rather than taking a hit, which is smart if he wants his career to last long.

As for his career being over, I disagree. He is still a very effective RB. However, I think his time at the pinnacle of NFL RBs has passed. IMO AD has now surpassed him, and Portis very possibly as well(depending on if he can sustain his success for more than just this season). However, most teams would still kill for Tomlinson. Hell, I'm kinda happy we have Tatum Bell back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I think he's smart-physical. Like I haven't seen much of him because I don't get many SD games, but I'd imagine that he isn't running out of bounds with a 7 yard gain when it is 3rd and 8. He's gonna save himself for more important yards rather than taking a hit, which is smart if he wants his career to last long.

As for his career being over, I disagree. He is still a very effective RB. However, I think his time at the pinnacle of NFL RBs has passed. IMO AD has now surpassed him, and Portis very possibly as well(depending on if he can sustain his success for more than just this season). However, most teams would still kill for Tomlinson. Hell, I'm kinda happy we have Tatum Bell back...
I'd be very happy to get Tatum back. He's way better than...no one?

As for LT--I can't make that call yet. He's been looking better and better the last couple weeks and I keep hearing that eventually we are gonna rededicate our offense to the run. A mistake IMO given how Rivers is playing and how our O-line is blocking, but no one knows what the future holds.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be very happy to get Tatum back. He's way better than...no one?(you ;))

As for LT--I can't make that call yet. He's been looking better and better the last couple weeks and I keep hearing that eventually we are gonna rededicate our offense to the run. A mistake IMO given how Rivers is playing and how our O-line is blocking, but no one knows what the future holds.
helped you there!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to add a couple things:

LT is on the DECLINE. He is past his prime. Look at all the RB's, most of them hit their wall FAST. Hell, Curtis Martin hit his so fast nobody knew wtf was going on.
LT isn't a top RB anymore. He still is successful because he can find his way into the end zone behind that powerful OL and is very successful in the passing game. However, he is on the decline. I love how Charger fans try to counter by the injury statement and the poor run blocking. Whatever, dude may be only 29, but in RB's terms, thats like being 36 for a WR.

And Adrian Peterson is better than Tomlinson. Peterson could be a good pass catcher if the Vikings gave him the opportunity. I love to point and laugh at all the people I know who thought Peterson would fail due to injuries. Dude is rock solid with some freak injuries.

And for Rivers, I hate to say it but he looks like a solid QB. He can't fire passes in, but he still has a decent deep ball.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote