Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kurt Warner

Kurt Warner is revived his career and is in the running for MVP this season, after another great game. He is arguably playing better than any QB in the league right now. Lets say they Cards and Warner finish the season on fire, and he picks up his 3rd MVP.

Right now he is itting at:

2 MVP's
1 Superbowl MVP

If he picks up a 3rd does he make the Hall of fame?

Also the Cards have just as good of a shot as anyone of making it to the Superbowl and winning it imo. They have enough weapons on offense and defense to make some serious noise in the playoffs. So lets assume the Cards have a dream season, Warner wins the MVP and a superbowl MVP

That puts him at 3 regular season MVP's and 2 Superbowl MVP's, does that get him into the hall of fame?

My feeling is he, he has one of the weirdest careers ever. If he continues on his current pace he will throw for 4907 yards, completing 70.6% of his passes 34 TD's and 11 picks with a rating of 106.4. If he finishes with numbers close to that he has 3 of the top 20 seasons from a QB in moderen NFL history, IMO.

I think he gets in off that alone, you add in his accalaids, and its a done deal. Warner is the man.
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:31 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monday night football pre-game, is that you?
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Monday night football pre-game, is that you?
Jaws had Warner's nuts in his mouth all game.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ 7 11. I was thinking along those lines before the season started. If Kurt puts up some monster seasons and brings the Card to NFL Championship games or whatever he would def. be a HoFer. 45% of his games he has started he has thrown for 300 yards or more is a disgusting stat.

Never was a fan of his but if he puts up 2-3 monster years and brings the Cards to the promised land then YES he is an HoFer.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should win MVP this year but it kills me saying that he'll be tied with Favre in something.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He should win MVP this year but it kills me saying that he'll be tied with Favre in something.
I'd say right now that Warner is making the best case for MVP. As for the Hall of Fame, if he were to win his third MVP I think that he may get in at some point but I don't think that he'd be a first ball. He'd have to wait a while till he got in.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Has warner really passed Portis? I mean yeah he has great stats and his team is 6-3 in the NFC West, but is that really more impressive than what Portis is doing for the skins in the NFC East?
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

If a Cardinal is in the MVP talk, its Anquan Boldin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he gets mvp this year then yes he is definately in. if he fails then he needs one or two more good years. with the mvp this year he'd have like 5 years of great production and that should be good enough. nflers don't really need to have the long shelf lives that mlb hall of famers do

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warner deserves it. Over Q and over Portis. Him and Brees are really really close.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
If a Cardinal is in the MVP talk, its Anquan Boldin.
But it's really not. Warner has been the spark to this team but I agree Boldin is doing absolutely incredible this year. I thank him for being awesome on my fantasy team.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt Warner is a borderline HOF. A third MVP award would probably cement his HOF status.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a different tangent: If he won MVP or the Cardinals had a decent playoff run would he retire? He'll be 38 by the time next season rolls around and he said something about retirement at the beginning of this year.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
On a different tangent: If he won MVP or the Cardinals had a decent playoff run would he retire? He'll be 38 by the time next season rolls around and he said something about retirement at the beginning of this year.
He'll probably speak to god about that. hahaha. Anyone see his interview after the game? They asked him what accredited to his success and he said 'how awesome god is.' How do you think Q and Fitz compare to Bruce and Holt from the greatest show on turf?

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy Warner was an MVP candidate.

He's doing great ... because he has Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Stevie Breaston. Warner is delivering the ball accurately, but that's easily the best trio of receivers in the league and it isn't close.

Imo, and I think I mentioned this earlier, Boldin and Fitz are my top two receivers in the league.

Plus an MVP candidate can't just be an MVP candidate at home, he has to play at that level on the road. Warner didn't at San Francisco, at Washington, and at New York (Jets). He did play well at Carolina in a losing effort though.

Just a playoff berth and a Pro Bowl for Warner imo, maybe even All-Pro recognition, which is good enough.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't buy Warner was an MVP candidate.

He's doing great ... because he has Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Stevie Breaston. Warner is delivering the ball accurately, but that's easily the best trio of receivers in the league and it isn't close.

Imo, and I think I mentioned this earlier, Boldin and Fitz are my top two receivers in the league.

Plus an MVP candidate can't just be an MVP candidate at home, he has to play at that level on the road. Warner didn't at San Francisco, at Washington, and at New York (Jets). He did play well at Carolina in a losing effort though.

Just a playoff berth and a Pro Bowl for Warner imo, maybe even All-Pro recognition, which is good enough.
Valid Points. I think at this point Warner>Portis in terms of value to their team. Not knocking Portis at all though as he's greatly important. Who is your MVP?

Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Jaws had Warner's nuts in his mouth all game.
Hence why anyone brings it up?

I wonder what we happened if the commentators just shut the hell up... would people care about brett favre outside of winsconsin?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I wonder what we happened if the commentators just shut the hell up... would people care about brett favre outside of winsconsin?
Probably not. They dont talk about Eli every day but he's been having a fantastic season.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already said I think Kurt will get in, and that was before he started having this amazing year. He is the frontrunner for MVP right now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default MVP?

Haven't really thought about it, I had thought it was Drew Brees and maybe still do. He is the New Orleans Saints, if he doesn't get it done they don't win. Except for a while there he was getting it done without Colston and Shockey.

Then again that sort of argument brings Peyton Manning into the picture, if the Colts and he immediately play consistently at this higher level from before and find a way to win most of their games. He'd have to make up a lot of ground, but if the race has no strong leading candidate, who knows.

Though name-value and recognition aside, there's an element of desensitization to some players (Peyton included), a sticking point of Shiver's I recall and agree with. Manning actually put the team in position to win the Jacksonville game too, but the defense couldn't hold onto the lead.

I think Kerry Collins is more of a consideration than Warner, honestly. Collins has made plays in the fourth quarter for his team to win games. Funny how both of those guys have usurped the struggling '06 Draft darlings.

Not big on Haynesworth as MVP or even DPOTY, really. I think people are talking him up because he came in second in DPOTY last year and might have been first if he was healthy for all 16 games.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably not. They dont talk about Eli every day but he's been having a fantastic season.
lets not bring that up.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
That's completely false. People would still like to know about Favre but not on a consistent basis. He is brought up more than the actual Jets game more times than not. People like to be drunk but hate being hungover. That's the only way I can put it. If it makes any sense at all, I'm not sure.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think Kerry Collins is more of a consideration than Warner, honestly. Collins has made plays in the fourth quarter for his team to win games. Funny how both of those guys have usurped the struggling '06 Draft darlings.
This has gotta be a joke. Kerry Collins? Because he makes a few fourth quarter throws? There's no way in hell Kerry Collins even ends up in the Top-Five in voting if his stats keep up the way they are. Bus-Drivers don't win MVP's. Guys playing out of their freakin' minds win MVP's. There's four guys right now that have a legitimate shot at winning it, and none of them are named Collins.

Peterson, Portis, Warner or Rivers. Coincidentally, all from the NFC. Both quarterbacks are putting up ridiculous numbers, but i'll give the nod to Kurt Warner. Who the hell cares if he has two of the best WR's in the game, that shouldn't hurt his candidacy. Tom Brady never put up MVP numbers without Randy or Welker, nor did Manning without Wayne and Harrison. It's a stupid argument to make, that a guy deserves it less because of his surrounding cast. It's laughable.

Warner is completing 70% of his passes, is second in the league in TD passes and first in quarterback rating. Brees has a bigger shot at Collins, and he isn't even in the discussion for me right now.

Gtho of here with that Kerry Collins junk.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I know I sure as hell don't.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Collins doesn't even deserve pro-bowl consideration, let alone belong in the MVP discussion. I don't think we've quite reached the level where they just give the MVP to the qb on the best team in the league.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote