Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** My Life :(
Old 11-10-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Lose your best Dlineman in addition, then you will.

Oh snap. Did I just imply Kampman isn't the best on the Packers?
I'm pretty sure we're losing two of them in a few weeks, so I'm bracing myself.
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
e already lost Kenechi Udeze :)
Old 11-10-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Yeah well ,they have no one to blame but themselves for that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lose your best Dlineman in addition, then you will.

Oh snap. Did I just imply Kampman isn't the best on the Packers?
I'm about as big of a Jenkins fan as you'll find, but that's ridiculous.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah well ,they have no one to blame but themselves for that.
Shaddup. :(
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always thought that Hawk would have been a better mike than a will. Guess now we might just find out. I hope for the sake of our season that he can play well there.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Desmond Bishop see more time? That dude is a beast!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Bishop was receiving hype prior to this season, and that he would be a starter if not for Barnett. If that's true, it'd be a shame to not at least give him a chance at MLB. He did give up one bad play to Chester Taylor, but I thought he forced a fumble and made a few other plays (though, all I saw were highlights).

If Bishop plays and plays well, then he or Barnett would be trade bait come draft time.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like bishop, he plays with a nasty demeanor and even though he might not be the fastest or strongest player on the feild, he still makes plays. He has been a beast on st recently and i hope he sees some playing time. I know MM likes him so it seems pretty likely. I will tell you what i dont want to see, Chillar-Hawk-Poppinga. Chillar could probably start for some nfl teams but i wasnt impressed during the titans game. He had like 4 tackles but he almost cost us a silly pass interference penalty in the endzone. I think if Hawk had 100% all year chillar wouldnt have seen the feild at all. Bishop>>>Chilar
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Will Desmond Bishop see more time? That dude is a beast!
Meh Id rather us get Chillar/Hawk/Poppinga all on the field somehow, than see Bishop starting at MIKE.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I thought Bishop was receiving hype prior to this season, and that he would be a starter if not for Barnett. If that's true, it'd be a shame to not at least give him a chance at MLB. He did give up one bad play to Chester Taylor, but I thought he forced a fumble and made a few other plays (though, all I saw were highlights).

If Bishop plays and plays well, then he or Barnett would be trade bait come draft time.
Bishop is too slow to be a starter for the full season. I would rather see Chillar in the middle. He was picked up for this type of reason.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
I really like bishop, he plays with a nasty demeanor and even though he might not be the fastest or strongest player on the feild, he still makes plays. He has been a beast on st recently and i hope he sees some playing time. I know MM likes him so it seems pretty likely. I will tell you what i dont want to see, Chillar-Hawk-Poppinga. Chillar could probably start for some nfl teams but i wasnt impressed during the titans game. He had like 4 tackles but he almost cost us a silly pass interference penalty in the endzone. I think if Hawk had 100% all year chillar wouldnt have seen the feild at all. Bishop>>>Chilar
No. Just no. Chillar is better than Bishop and it's not even really close. The statement I bolded proves that you aren't one that should be judging this matter anyway. Chillar was brought in to play even without an injury and he did. He's been used for his superior coverage abilities and has been doing a good job at it. Last year tight ends killed us, that's why we signed Chillar to limit them. And as for him not seeing the field if Hawk wasn't hurt, he started the Dallas game over Poppinga and has had quite a bit of playing time with Hawk in at the same time throughout the season. He has been in Hawk's spot in nickel packages (a position Hawk has been at every game his NFL career prior to this season) not because of Hawk's injury, but because he was better at it. Now I think Hawk recently took that back, but Chillar was every bit as good doing that. Even if for some reason Bishop does start it will be Chillar and Hawk in nickel packages and Chillar might take over for Barnett in dime. Only way Bishop stands a chance is if for some reason they don't want to mess with moving Hawk, and even then I'd start Chillar in the middle over Bishop. Chillar was inactive due to an injury, but if he was active Bishop probably would have never gone in last week.

Quote:
Barnett's not going anywhere.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry we have a differnece in opinions, but i really like desmond bishop. Chillar just hasnt impressed me all too much. Thats all im saying.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Im sorry we have a differnece in opinions, but i really like desmond bishop. Chillar just hasnt impressed me all too much. Thats all im saying.
Chillar plays with intensity so does Bishop. The thing that seperates them is expierience, which leans towards Chillar, and discipline, also goes to Chillar. We can't have Bishop give up big plays biting on a playaction, which he is known to do, and he doesnt have the speed to make up for it. I like Bishop too but the time isnt right.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Bishop is too slow to be a starter for the full season. I would rather see Chillar in the middle. He was picked up for this type of reason.
I thought Chillar was subbing in for AJ Hawk on passing downs?

Lots of combonations at the LB spots, but I'm guessing Poppinga/Bishop/Hawk on 1st and 2nd Down would work, and on 3rd Down and obvious passing downs, Bishop comes out because he's too slow, Hawk moves to MIKE where he should have enough speed for a MLB, and Chillar goes in at WLB as usual to replace Hawk. That way no liabilities are left to be exploited.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I thought Chillar was subbing in for AJ Hawk on passing downs?

Lots of combonations at the LB spots, but I'm guessing Poppinga/Bishop/Hawk on 1st and 2nd Down would work, and on 3rd Down and obvious passing downs, Bishop comes out because he's too slow, Hawk moves to MIKE where he should have enough speed for a MLB, and Chillar goes in at WLB as usual to replace Hawk. That way no liabilities are left to be exploited.
Chillar can play all 3 of our LB positions.

The scenario you explained doesn't make any sense. The reason there's any question of what we're going to do is because we don't know if the coaching staff is willing to move Hawk for just half a season or if they don't want to mess with moving him. If they're willing to move him like you have then he'd be there full time with Poppinga and Chillar on the outside. If they're not willing to move him I'd say the odds of Chillar in the middle over Bishop are 75-25. Bishop should not be a starter and in all likelyhood won't be.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Chillar can play all 3 of our LB positions.

The scenario you explained doesn't make any sense. The reason there's any question of what we're going to do is because we don't know if the coaching staff is willing to move Hawk for just half a season or if they don't want to mess with moving him. If they're willing to move him like you have then he'd be there full time with Poppinga and Chillar on the outside. If they're not willing to move him I'd say the odds of Chillar in the middle over Bishop are 75-25. Bishop should not be a starter and in all likelyhood won't be.
I was thinking along that line, but wanted to create a solution for AJ Hawk's pass-coverage liability as well as Bishop's deficiencies.

If AJ Hawk really isn't all that bad, then your scenario is most likely.

Why does Bishop have a roster spot?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking along that line, but wanted to create a solution for AJ Hawk's pass-coverage liability as well as Bishop's deficiencies.

Special Teams.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Hawk isn't much of a liability in coverage. He's definitely a step down from Barnett, but I'm not too worried about it. If pass coverage is the concern then it sure as hell won't be Bishop.

No matter what the starting alignment is Chillar will take Barnett's space in the nickel, and probably his spot for dime and other single LB packages.

Bishop is on the team as our 5th linebacker and his special teams.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

chillar was in the nickel cause hawk wasn't a 100 percent but now he's once again ahead of him

i'd rather see pop at strong side, hawk middle, and chillar on the weak-side

idk if it's just me or does anybody else think that barnett has struggled all year in coverage
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Hawk isn't much of a liability in coverage. He's definitely a step down from Barnett, but I'm not too worried about it. If pass coverage is the concern then it sure as hell won't be Bishop.

No matter what the starting alignment is Chillar will take Barnett's space in the nickel, and probably his spot for dime and other single LB packages.

Bishop is on the team as our 5th linebacker and his special teams.
right now with how Barnett is playing, I wouldn't say Hawk is a step down from Barnett.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Statistically Hawk was the best coverage LB in the league last season if i remember correctly.

JSonline reported Hawk is going to start at MIKE vs Da bears.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

so that means its going to be popp/hawk/chillar... i really wish they would just leave hawk at will:<