Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i keep wondering when people will realize that performing well against denver is meaningless because we field a team of fourth graders on defense. but it turns out, people keep wanting to believe that people playing well against us are actually REALLY REALLY good and it's only coincidence that they were playing us.

brady quinn may or may not be a decent quarterback. but the browns could've brought ryan leaf out of retirement and he would've thrown for 300+ without batting an eye.
Any time you have a QB making their first start within their first 2 years and they put up good numbers is excellent. Besides which I watched the entirety of the game, its not like I just looked at his stats, the guy played well he has his head on straight and he definitely has the it factor.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i keep wondering when people will realize that performing well against denver is meaningless because we field a team of fourth graders on defense. but it turns out, people keep wanting to believe that people playing well against us are actually REALLY REALLY good and it's only coincidence that they were playing us.
If you can score on denver. It means your offense isn't completely incompetent.

If you can keep denver from scoring. It means your defense is good.

To beat denver in a shootout means some combination of
denver's offense - team a's mediocre defense being < than team a's mediocre offense - denver's abyssmal defense.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any way you put it if you've got a team playing poorly and you put in a young QB who revitalizes the team and keeps pace with a strong offense there's something there. Even if he's facing a poor defense.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I saw the game against Denver, the Jets game, half the SD game and the Carolina game. That's 4 games. The problem in oakland isn't the defense.

Besides which, who cares? All that matters is that Tom Cable has them playing better than Lane Kiffin did, which if he can coexist with management is clearly a better long term or even short term option for the franchise.

Firing a head coach who has his team losing, doesn't talk to his defensive coordinator and can't cooperate with the people upstairs is still a bad decision if his replacement has the team playing better and is living in peace with his owner and GM?

Right now based on the games I've seen. Cable has the team playing more competitive football than Kiffin did.
I think you are overrating the Raiders defense.
This offseason they probably will lose Asomugha, so it will get worse. And Tommy Kelly is not worth that price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
This rookie clas of WR's is just amazing. Not only understadning the game with some great route running but they have picked up the NFL game speed so quickly. Hmm that sounds funny.

I like your lil tidbit about Thigpen. CHiefs are 5 plays from being above .500 which is a bright spot for the future. Once they learn to win, it will become 2nd nature.
Holy crap, 5 plays from being above .500? The Chiefs have played some close games of late, but calling Tyler Thigpen the real deal after 3 freakin games is unfreakinbelievable. And besides, 2 of those games he was facing poor pass defenses.
Chiefs may not be as bad as some think, but they still have a little ways to go before they get back to being respectable.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
This offseason they probably will lose Asomugha, so it will get worse. And Tommy Kelly is not worth that price tag.

Holy crap, 5 plays from being above .500? The Chiefs have played some close games of late, but calling Tyler Thigpen the real deal after 3 freakin games is unfreakinbelievable. And besides, 2 of those games he was facing poor pass defenses.
Chiefs may not be as bad as some think, but they still have a little ways to go before they get back to being respectable.

DONT DISS TYLERZ THIGPENZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They arent the Bengals, Raiders(even though they lost to raiders, lions) SO they have some bright spots and aot of potential. I wasnt saying they would win it all next year. They have the team going in the right direction and will ONLY GET BETTER. They hit rock bottom and building their way back up.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
It was more the way they played, the motivation they showed, when they're motivated they're excellent.

You obviously didn't see the game.

Quote:
No one has said they're going to come back or make the playoffs. Whats being said is that they're on the right track.

Right now they've found their franchise cornerbacks, at least one linebacker, wide receiver, left tackle, some interior pieces, defensive end and what appears to be quarterback. No one is saying they'll be brilliant over night, but they're on the right track.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oaklands D isnt horrible. We have the potenial to be a top 10 defence if we can find the right peices. A DE,OLB and S are our biggest needs on D and I hope we draft/sign some decent players who fit our system. Kelly played good, Aso is Aso and Morrison and Howard are LB's nice young. Hopefully we found a saftey to go with Wilson in Baker,since Huff has played like crap. We did alright against the run except for a 70 or so yard run they had. Overall Oakland should have a good defence for this year and next year if we can lock up Asomugha.

On the other hand, offence is the problem. It didnt help we had Andrew Walter as our QB and Harris as our LT. Maybe if JaMarcus played we might have had a touchdown. Running game was good for us like most of the games. Pretty much I think we can be a decent team if we draft/sign a LT and a WR that are good.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote