Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they have tx history? as a college course?

wow. i shouldn't be shocked.
yea it's prolly just like US History, or Russian History, or French History

oh wait, Tejas isn't its own country? Coulda fooled me...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

wow. i shouldn't be shocked.
Day 1-100: Battle of the Alamo

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread needs to be a STICKY. Amazing post!

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that Drew Brees and Larry Johnson were once labeled as busts says it all.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I think the fact that Drew Brees and Larry Johnson were once labeled as busts says it all.
indeed. i always found it amazing that drew brees won the CBPOY, i was like. He wasn't great, he wasn't terrible either.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damoine Lewis was a bust at one point too and now he's a good starter. Roddy White was being called a bust in Atlanta before last year as well.

Change of system, supporting cast and coaching staff helped both of those go from back ups / busts / hated to being praised.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Damoine Lewis was a bust at one point too and now he's a good starter. Roddy White was being called a bust in Atlanta before last year as well.

Change of system, supporting cast and coaching staff helped both of those go from back ups / busts / hated to being praised.
bingo. It's all about the proper utilization of talent.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For example: Corey Webster- not bust. Tim Lewis just should burn in several fires. His zombie should have its eyes gauged out with a spork, while having rabid racoons hurled at him via cannon(or Jay Cutlers arm). His ghost shall than be farted on by Corey Webster, thus making him choke and die. again.

bust: Willy Joseph, Tim Carter, everyone drafted out of WVU

but AQ, the OP was pure gold and sex. like goex? seld? sold? ew no, that one works
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
For example: Corey Webster- not bust. Tim Lewis just should burn in several fires. His zombie should have its eyes gauged out with a spork, while having rabid racoons hurled at him via cannon(or Jay Cutlers arm). His ghost shall than be farted on by Corey Webster, thus making him choke and die. again.

bust: Willy Joseph, Tim Carter, everyone drafted out of WVU

but AQ, the OP was pure gold and sex. like goex? seld? sold? ew no, that one works
Tim Lewis has been a great secondary coach, he did suck balls as a def coord though.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
yes, of complete stupidity
No way Josť! I spent too many hours talking out of my ass to get this postcount.

(I was being sarcastic, I wouldn't be against at least purging the boards of the really ******** posts. )

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Jason Hill of the 49ers was looking like a bust. 1 catch 12 career games combined from 07-08. Mike Nolan gets fired, Singletary comes in with no aversion to playing youngsters...Hill has 10 catches and 1 TD in the last 2 weeks without Nolan.

Just shows that you need to give some players a little time+faith.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith was called a bust then.....oh wait damnit :(
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont have a bias towards this state as I am not from it but there is a lot of stuff that has occurred within this state since people came to this area 10000 years ago and that is what we have covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
you know. it was a separate country. like hawaii... only with more assholes.
Not so much assholes, as power-hungry rancher bosses and oilmen.
Quote:
for all of like, 12 minutes... i know, i know. i shouldn't be surprised or appalled by anything anyone in Texas does anymore.
10 years, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Day 1-100: Battle of the Alamo
We spent a day on the Alamo (it's vastly overrated) but I could write quite a bit about it, if you would like. The discovery of oil in this state cannot be understated as one of the most important moments in its history.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the number of players being called busts within their first 3 years actually turn out to be busts or not is statistically significant.

Yeah we may call a guy a bust wrongly, but I am sure we are right a ton of the time.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I wonder if the number of players being called busts within their first 3 years actually turn out to be busts or not is statistically significant.

Yeah we may call a guy a bust wrongly, but I am sure we are right a ton of the time.
A lot of guys are called busts then the system changes or the team. Then all of the sudden they shed the label.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
don't disagree. i'm just entertained. it seems so... texas. that said, CU offers a history of colorado course for correspondence.
I enjoy History courses, they make for interesting electives. I am sure that every state has a History course that covers that state's history. In fact, I have taken more notes in my TX History class than any other class since I have been in college because we have covered so much.

Anyway, to keep this thing on topic: last night, Jaws seriously said about a dozen or more times that Patrick Willis has had less tackles this year as if he had declined in his play. What a joke. Next thing he'll call him a bust. Sorry he's not on the field 40 minutes a game like last year.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I enjoy History courses, they make for interesting electives. I am sure that every state has a History course that covers that state's history. In fact, I have taken more notes in my TX History class than any other class since I have been in college because we have covered so much.

Anyway, to keep this thing on topic: last night, Jaws seriously said about a dozen or more times that Patrick Willis has had less tackles this year as if he had declined in his play. What a joke. Next thing he'll call him a bust. Sorry he's not on the field 40 minutes a game like last year.

If Warner was in the booth Jaws would have been bent over for him.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If Warner was in the booth Jaws would have been bent over for him.
Yeah, I bought that up in another thread. There was no bias-free commentating there. If someone like Dan Fouts can control their pro-Oregon bias, surely Jaws can... oh wait, watch an MNF Eagles game and he's all up on McNabb, too.

Sorry, I just cannot stand Jaws... "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room with steam coming out of his ears." -Kimmel haha

Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I bought that up in another thread. There was no bias-free commentating there. If someone like Dan Fouts can control their pro-Oregon bias, surely Jaws can... oh wait, watch an MNF Eagles game and he's all up on McNabb, too.

Sorry, I just cannot stand Jaws... "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room with steam coming out of his ears." -Kimmel haha
I too, hate Ron Jaworski with a passion. I hate how he talks to you like if you're two years old.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:

That's one of my biggest beefs.

People are like "they gave up 300 ypg+" last year... They're defense is terrible!
But when you look at their offense, it's like the 3 and out Machine.

I find it hard to believe that people, and by people i mean the media telling people, can say that 'the X's defense is great because the X's offense keeps them off the field' but they can't believe the contrary... I remember when everyone was saying two years ago that the raiders defense was terrible. i reminded them that they have some of the best players on that side of the ball (aso's rookie year, fyi)... they just don't have anyone on the other side who can keep them off the field.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im a bust. i didnt fit the system :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say the three year rule has to be applied when talking busts Otherwise every project pick would be a bust even if they develope into good players down the road. I think there is a basic criteria for busts in the league.

Top 10 pick: Should be a starter right away if they don't it doesn't neciceralyl mean they are busts but it doesn't look good. Should be in the top 25% at his position by the 3rd year and be a eventual pro bowler.

1st round: Should start 50% of games (or take 50% of snaps) if not it is a red flag. If they aren't starting every game and top 50% by year 3 it is a bust.

2nd - 3rd rounds: Player should start all games by year 3.

4th - 5th Round: Should make the team.

6rh - 7th round: No such thing as a bust.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
but they can't believe the contrary
And that was the thing with Willis. Not to take anything away from his abilities but last year he was on the field all game and teams were not game planning against him. This year, the offense is marginally better so he isnt on the field all day and teams are scheming to get guards and centers to block him whereas last year he was free to do damage because they weren't running directly at him and getting lineman on him.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
And that was the thing with Willis. Not to take anything away from his abilities but last year he was on the field all game and teams were not game planning against him. This year, the offense is marginally better so he isnt on the field all day and teams are scheming to get guards and centers to block him whereas last year he was free to do damage because they weren't running directly at him and getting lineman on him.
eventually, with a talent as good as willis, and hopefully with a competent coach (i know, funny ha,ha), coaching will put pieces in place to allow him to continue what he does.

It's a balance. they game plan against him, you put in pieces to exploit their gameplan. Rarely will you see players be mr. consistancy on the defensive side of the ball.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
The reason why so many players are considered busts is the high standard of success expected from high draft picks. You notice this when people call Kerry Collins a dissapointment. He was never the dominant player people thought he would be but his longevity and team success most QBS would envy. It is like in basketball lot of NBA writers and "experts" say thngs like to be an NBA superstar you have to lead your team to multiple championships. Nothing is ever good enough for fans and pundits.
////// thread.

There's great players and there's busts. Thats it. The great players do all the work and carry the other guys on their back. The other guys are busts.