Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Really?Since when?He isn't Vince Young but he can still move around pretty well.
I was under the impression he ran about 4.85 at his LSU pro day and he looks heavier these days. If you say he's mobile fine by me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he plays in a pro style O and everyone on here loves BS stats. Freeman is a great QB prospect.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Because he plays in a pro style O and everyone on here loves BS stats. Freeman is a great QB prospect.
Does that mean every QB in the Big-12 is a great prospect?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARHEATHER View Post
probably because of me. that being said and all his supposed deficiencies, he still has the best physical ability of any qb available. i dont know if he comes out, but if he does he has first rd value just on his physical skills alone
So you're telling me if you could redraft the 2006 draft, you'd still pick Vernon Davis in the first round because of physical skills?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question then, who is the better prospect? Freeman or Mark Sanchez

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez, easily.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

i think if you put him behind duke robinson/loadholt run the ball whenever you please have all day to pick out your 3 nfl level receivers youd see the best qb prospect by far. intstead he has no running game undersize porous ol midget wrs in a big wr offense, awful clueless coaching. i dont like to say what if, but look at the nfl prospects on that offense compared to k state. im going to take the guy who looks and plays and throws like the other guys.freeman is the guy who looks and throws and plays like the other guys
STARHEATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So you're telling me if you could redraft the 2006 draft, you'd still pick Vernon Davis in the first round because of physical skills?
Not a good comparison because physically Freeman doesnt stand out for his position.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Sanchez's arm is it elite in your guys opinions?

I've seen Sanchez play in a few games but not enough to make that determination.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not a good comparison because physically Freeman doesnt stand out for his position.
I was basing it on his statement that Freeman possessed 'first round' physical skills, like Vernon Davis did when drafted.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 11-11-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post

I've seen Sanchez play in a few games but not enough to make that determination.

I think Sanchez has a good arm, can make all the throws. If i were to judge the arms race i would have it;

Stafford

Freeman
Sanchez
Bradford
McCoy
Tebow
Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Does that mean every QB in the Big-12 is a great prospect?
No, that's what I'm saying people care too much about inflated stats.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:

No one said his arm was elite.

When talking about Freeman, the stats against his toughest opponents(which I concluded to be Texas Tech, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri), he completed only 53.76% of his passes, and threw four touchdowns compared to six interceptions. I can only assume that Mark Sanchez would put up much more favorable performances had he been in that situation.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

he has a below average nfl arm sanchez. now take sanchez and put him on freemans team you think it would really be better
Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No one said his arm was elite.

When talking about Freeman, the stats against his toughest opponents(which I concluded to be Texas Tech, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri), he completed only 53.76% of his passes, and threw four touchdowns compared to six interceptions. I can only assume that Mark Sanchez would put up much more favorable performances had he been in that situation.
Whats Staffords stats for his toughest games?
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

Quote:
Question then, who is the better prospect? Freeman or Mark Sanchez
Freeman imo
Old 11-11-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARHEATHER View Post
he has a below average nfl arm sanchez. now take sanchez and put him on freemans team you think it would really be better
So why didn't Pete Carroll recruit him when he was a high school senior, and see his zzzzzzzsness and awsomeness, so that Freeman can win the Heisman 4 years straight with USC and win the National Championship?

Please why didn't USC the QB U take him?

Carson Palmer 1st Round
Matt Leinart 1st Round
JDB 5th Round
Mark Sanchez future 1st round

Josh Freeman... future 3rd rounder.

I think Petey knows what he is doing.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
So why didn't Pete Carroll recruit him when he was a high school senior, and see his zzzzzzzsness and awsomeness, so that Freeman can win the Heisman 4 years straight with USC and win the National Championship?

Carson Palmer 1st Round
Matt Leinart 1st Round
JDB 5th Round

USC never had a chance with Freeman, not many teams did. He committed to Nebraska(before changing to K-State) so early that most teams stopped recruiting him.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
USC never had a chance with Freeman, not many teams did. He committed to Nebraska(before changing to K-State) so early that most teams stopped recruiting him.
If he changed to K-State (unless he transferred) I am pretty sure USC could have had a try at him, if he is as good as STARHEATHER says.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-11-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
Whats Staffords stats for his toughest games?
Compiled for South Carolina, Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Kentucky:

Completed 60% of his passes, and threw seven touchdowns to four interceptions. Compiled 1310 yards (262 yards a game) on 91-of-153 passes.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 11-11-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

very freemanesque. with a lot better supporting cast. the competition was better though. im sticking with
1.freeman
2. pike
3. stafford
4 perriloux

im not really liking anyone else. maybe chase holbrook late
Old 11-11-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

1.Bradford
2.Stafford
3.Sanchez
4.Davis
5.Freeman if he is rated at about this point he is not overated.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Mine goes like this...

1. Bradford
2. Sanchez
3. Stafford
4. Freeman
5. Bhomar

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

Carson Palmer 1st Round
Matt Leinart 1st Round
JDB 5th Round

They brought in Sanchez in 2005 so unlikely they would have gone after Freeman, there are usually enough blue chip Californians for the Trojans so they dont need to stray too far. Matt Barkely next in line.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Personally I like Freeman because of his size, arm strength, tools, and mobility. He has every tool necessary but he needs to work on his touch and accuracy and I think his problems come when he trusts his arm too much. And I like that Freeman plays in adversity, he plays on a much less talented team where he has to make the plays and he isn't in a situation like where Bradford gets to be in the shotgun all game and stand back in a perfect pocket where he has 2 NFL RB's, a 1st round TE, and 2 NFL WR's.

I'd rank them.....

1. Matthew Stafford
2. Sam Bradford
3. Nate Davis
4. Mark Sanchez
5. Josh Freeman