Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Halo is so last year. Gears 2 is where it's at. I have discovered that I am the king of trap setting. I have not come across one person who is better than me at this.
Well duh. Gears 2 is amazing, and I thought Gears 1 was the best game on 360 before that. I like trap setting too, I haven't played on Live yet, but I used it against a friend in vs mode, on day one, climbed up a stairway, shot at him a few times and told him to come get me for a chainsaw battle. It was just a smoke grenade, but it knocked him down so I went and chainsawed his ass.

Tried using it in the campaign too, you know in the building in Act 5 when you walk in, kill the flamethrower guy, the guy with the shotgun and go upstairs. the first few times I did that, Dom like disappeared or something, and I got charged at by 3 guys, one or two wielding shotguns. So of course I had to run away from them. After I died running, I set 2 nades on either side of the entrance to take them out, but it killed me as well. Then I did it again, and they wouldn't rush me cuz Dom reappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Depends, if you have friends who will play through campaign with you then id say def go for it. The weapons are a little different in every game ex: the needler in Halo 3 is the only version of it thats any good. Halo 3s community is still very large, im on almost every night, Im sure ill get on gears when i get the money to purchase it, but i feel like after thats died down a bit ill go back to halo. If you want Id play thro halo campaign, me and a friend have been wanting to go thro it again.
I'll think about it, that could be fun.

Also, anyone else find the lab level extremely easy? At least before the real locust show up? I found that it was the easiest thing in the world to massacre the sires with a chainsaw, cuz they had no weapons. I actually felt cheap doing it, because the fact that they need to be knocked down several times to die made me think that they're supposed to be tough.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I'll think about it, that could be fun.

Also, anyone else find the lab level extremely easy? At least before the real locust show up? I found that it was the easiest thing in the world to massacre the sires with a chainsaw, cuz they had no weapons. I actually felt cheap doing it, because the fact that they need to be knocked down several times to die made me think that they're supposed to be tough.
I did the same exact thing. I just ran around revving the chainsaw and cutting them apart. Felt good.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLionALL View Post
I did the same exact thing. I just ran around revving the chainsaw and cutting them apart. Felt good.
It probably would have been hard as hell for anyone who decided to ditch the lancer in favour of the locust gun.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
if you know what you are doing with the AR you can use it effectively, esp when you get team slayer on a map like standoff, or any map really. The key is to shoot in bursts like the BR, at medium ranges, makes it more accurate as well as conserving rounds.
Wow, way to make me feel stupid. I don't have the patience to do that (shoot in bursts). When it's team slayer and I can't find a BR I just die and complain that it's not team BRs. Or I just try to get sticks cuz I'm bored.

Quote:
I'll consider that. I think it was largely an experience thing because I didn't play through the campaign, and also I don't know where the good guns are hidden. I was thinking about getting Halo 1 and 2 just so I can learn the ropes, would you recommend that?
In Halo 1 and 2 the weapons have "minor" tweaks that will really screw you up when you use them in 3. I wouldn't recommend playing them unless you want to try the campaign. For example, you don't want to get used to dual-wield needlers, less powerful melee, pwnzor magnum, etc. I never played Halo 1 or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Halo is so last year. Gears 2 is where it's at. I have discovered that I am the king of trap setting. I have not come across one person who is better than me at this.
Yeah, Halo came out last year, but it's still the best multiplayer experience around. Bungie kinda screwed up the playlists lately imo but Halo still owns GOW/COD any day. Nothing wrong with wanting to try new things though....just not for me.

Edit: oops didn't realize someone said pretty much exactly what I said. I'll do campaign with you too if you want. I beat Legendary by myself and there were some really frustrating sequences, usually involving a small room, several brutes, and a hammer-wielding chieftain.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 11-11-2008 at 09:06 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

COD is for noobs who arent good enough to play Halo. I love gears because its a completely different skill type game then Halo. I like different and challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
COD is for noobs who arent good enough to play Halo. I love gears because its a completely different skill type game then Halo. I like different and challenging.
I wish that quote was just printed and posted at the top of every web page on the internet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shotty/pistol was the sickest combo on the first Halo. Easily my favorite of the 3. I miss having all that time to play multiplayer like I used to.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Shotty/pistol was the sickest combo on the first Halo. Easily my favorite of the 3. I miss having all that time to play multiplayer like I used to.
Ugh....not looking forward to that period in my life. I don't wanna go to university :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone know how to download rosters for NCAA 09? Or does anyone have some I can download
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have them. Go to XBL and the Locker Room. TheP1414

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

Thanks. How do I activate them?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
Thanks. How do I activate them?
I'm pretty sure once you are done downloading them, go to load/save and scroll to rosters and find the roster you downloaded. Then load them. That should be it

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
What's your XBL tag Todd?
Church0099
Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I'm pretty sure once you are done downloading them, go to load/save and scroll to rosters and find the roster you downloaded. Then load them. That should be it
Ok got it. Thanks

Last edited by bspen4 : 11-12-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Church0099
Hey man, you on now? Want to play with me and Gonzo?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Hey man, you on now? Want to play with me and Gonzo?
No I just got off, but I'll prob be on tomorrow night.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Damn. Well, I'm back on if anyone wants to play.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

And I agree with etk Halo>>COD and GOW
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I wish that quote was just printed and posted at the top of every web page on the internet.
You and me both man. I still like gears tho, its refreshing to the halo series when i want to play something a little different. either way shows what system has the best gaming experience at the moment. Good time to own a 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

True that, Jvig. 360>all.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True that, Jvig. 360>all.
Especially PS2.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to play some Gears 2 my gamertag is the nrk. Horde mode is so amazing. Took me and some friends about 4 hours to get through all 50 waves, all for a cruddy achievement.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the Left 4 Dead demo it was ok the game was moving so fast and the zombies are like freaking spiders it wasn't what I thought I guess.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just dont like COD and Gears because its so easy to die. On COD4 online everyone is a little ***** with a sniper. And i cant stand hiding all the time. And because there is less badass things to do. nothing is more satisfying than to hear that annoying halo guy say "triple kill!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote