Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris
im not sure whose better. Finnegan or Revis
You can't go wrong with either one of them nor Aso.

Right now I'd go Aso, Finny, and Revis. Revis is last purely because no one shortens his last name and can spell it correctly (Nnmambi Asumugga and Courteland Finigand).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'll dig up the quote later, but I believe I may have been the only person ever to predict the Dolphins run at the playoffs this season. Just thought I'd stick that in this thread since you're giving em props too, Shiv. A well put together O-line and thundering running game will take you far in this league.

As for the Chargers surpassing Denver; I think the next two weeks (at Pitt, Indy at home) will reveal a whole lot about who these Chargers are. They've got a history of playing up or down to their competition so maybe now that their backs are finally against the wall we'll see the team we've been waiting for. Rivers is having too good of a season to be at home in January.

and Kurt can have my MVP vote any day.
Its such a shame that the Chargers can't play defense. Rivers is having an MVP season. Must be upsetting for him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'll dig up the quote later, but I believe I may have been the only person ever to predict the Dolphins run at the playoffs this season. Just thought I'd stick that in this thread since you're giving em props too, Shiv. A well put together O-line and thundering running game will take you far in this league.

As for the Chargers surpassing Denver; I think the next two weeks (at Pitt, Indy at home) will reveal a whole lot about who these Chargers are. They've got a history of playing up or down to their competition so maybe now that their backs are finally against the wall we'll see the team we've been waiting for. Rivers is having too good of a season to be at home in January.

and Kurt can have my MVP vote any day.
The AFC West is a tough thing, because neither team has been able to capitalize on the monumental fuckups of the other. Really it may just come down to Week 17(i think). Where is that game? If it's in Denver we might have a shot, but I see no way we'll win in San Diego, because I can't reasonably say we're good enough to sweep them since we really got lucky the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
The AFC West is a tough thing, because neither team has been able to capitalize on the monumental fuckups of the other. Really it may just come down to Week 17(i think). Where is that game? If it's in Denver we might have a shot, but I see no way we'll win in San Diego, because I can't reasonably say we're good enough to sweep them since we really got lucky the first time.
It's in SD. Oh why Hochuli why did you have to screw us so badly? Such a huge moment.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is this replacing your NFL Truths thing?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Titans are the only team in recent memory that seems to be perfectly imitating the 2000 Ravens model. They will win a lot of games in the trenches, they have the game's best CB, and Chris Johnson can be a game-breaker. With all of the "usual suspects" failing in the AFC, why not the Titans?
Because their star player on defense hasn't played a full 16 game season since his rookie year (when he only started 3 games) and eventually they're not going to get all the breaks?

Quote:
The Falcons get to play the Bucs and Panthers at home down the stretch, just sayin'. Besides the point, wasn't the NFC South supposed to be the "worst division by far." Nice prediction....
That was my prediction, and I'll defend it. First of all, I didn't say "by far", just that I thought it would be the worst division in football. You have to admit, a lot of things had to break right for 2 teams in the NFC South for them to be where they are today. The Atlanta Falcons have a rookie QB who's playing like no rookie QB has ever played before, and it's led them to a 6-3 record, including 4-0 at home. I didn't think it possible at the beginning of the season, but they may well take that division, and continue its longstanding worst-to-first tradition. The Carolina Panthers have been relatively injury free for the first time in a long time, and QB Jake Delhomme (apart from Sunday's game) has shown very few ill effects coming off of Tommy John surgery. If Matt Ryan played like an average rookie QB and the Panthers continued to be bitten by the injury bug, my prediction may well have been right.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mark my words: the Chargers will surpass the Broncos in the AFC West. They do not have a great defense this year, but they are still better than the Broncos in that regard. Philip Rivers is still my favorite of the '04 class, rings considering.
This will not happen unless Tomlinson gets healthy. People were quick to crown the Chargers new explosive passing game and proclaim that the Chargers had moved on, but look where they sit. Second to last in plays from scrimmage. Their fairly good defense is been overwhelmed by sheer volume (not to mention, they sorely miss Shawne Merriman. He rectified their overall average secondary and forced teams to run into that defensive line.

That team is built to function with Tomlinson. I can't really picture Norv Turner suddenly solving this issue mid-season. They don't have a particularly easy path from here either. Over their next 7 games they 5 teams above .500 including away games in Pittsburgh and Tampa and home games against Indianapolis and Atlanta. Of course, the Denver Broncos have, at best, a slightly easier way to go. But San Diego is going to have to bring their 2007 form to beat some of those teams. I think a .500 finish might be all they can muster. Not sure Denver can beat that, but I think they can tie. Which could mean that this could all come down to the week 17 matchup (depending on how both teams play against Kansas City and Oakland, I suppose).

That would be quite the game.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 11-12-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the AFC West scenario, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Chargers top the Broncos in the West. Broncos have been hit HUGE by the injury bug, 5 starters out with injuries on defense to go with the injury issues at RB.
With that said, here is my prediction for the remaining schedules for both teams:
Denver:
@Atlanta - loss
Oakland - win
@Jets - win
Chiefs - win
@Carolina - loss
Buffalo - win
@Chargers - loss
Record: 9-7

San Diego:
@Steelers - loss
Indy - loss
Atlanta - win
Oakland - win
@Chiefs - win
@Tampa - loss
Denver - win
Record: 8-8

Really though, its tough to predict because any game for each team could be flipped and be a loss at this point.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I'd be surprised if the Broncos beat the Jets on the road. San Diego looks reasonable. So could be looking at tiebreakers at 8-8...

There really should be a rule against 8-8 playoff teams.