Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Vince Young
will find success with the Titans again 33 37.08%
will find success with another team 8 8.99%
will never find success again 20 22.47%
his knee was down on that long run in the National Championship Game, dammit! 24 26.97%
Other 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vince Young: Where do we go from here?

First let's get this out of the way:

Vince Young is an emo kid, let's all point and laugh at crying Vince Young.

Okay, now that that's done; what does the future hold for the 2006 OROY? The Titans have been the definition of a steady ship since he lost the wheel. As far back as 2006 there have been voices in the crowd proclaiming the defense the real reason behind the Titans' resurgence and that's borne out as the truth.

Does that mean Vince is worthless to the Titans? Is he done with them? Kerry Collins is a million years old and barring a Jim Plunkett scenario they are going to need a QB eventually and I think it's fair to ask at this point if VY is their long term solution.

His ceiling is still extremely high, but now you have to throw head issues into the pot with "funky release", "inconsistent ball placement" and "questionable decision making." Is this the QB of a team that is going to be defense oriented, run first, for the forseeable future? Even allotting that he matures with time, I'm not sure we'll ever see consistency from him at the level a vet like Kerry provides.

I'm not trying to hate on VY, but personally I think the writing is on the wall for him in TN and props to them because they're 9-0 with a 3rd overall pick parked on their bench and a 6th overall pick in Goodell's purgatory.

So where does he go? Who would want him? There are plenty of teams without long term solutions at QB, so let's look at what might fit him.

KC: Herm Edwards is a players' coach and they're a young developing team, so I could maybe see it happening. However, Thigpen is playing lights out and they're likely to draft a QB high anyway.

Houston: The hometown team has been up and down, but mostly down, with Schaub. Who knows, but maybe.

Jets: Yeah right. But I'm going through the divisions in my head and once Favre retires, Clemmens doesn't exactly have a lock on the job. But if the media scrutiny was too intense in freaking Tennessee...

San Fran: Bizarre fit but the Shaun Hill era doesn't exactly have a great ring to it. Martz's presence obviously kills his shot here but the likelihood of Martz staying in any job more than a couple seasons is pretty low. They've had some success with mobile QBs though, I've heard. :) Then again, they tend to be accurate ones, which VY is not.

Buccaneers: Gruden+Young=no.

Carolina: I'm gonna give Delhomme the benefit of the doubt here and say he's not close to being done by a long shot.

Minnesota: Not likely after the Tarvaris Jackson experiment.

Detroit: I'm not sure but if Calvin gets a vote the answer is probably no. He played with Reggie Ball for too long.

Chicago: Is neckbeard the answer?

So if you've managed to get all the way down here, here's my question to you: is there a starting spot for Vince Young somewhere in the league? How much more developing will he be doing--how drastically have our expectations of him changed? Will he ever redeem himself?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote