Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Break out players

Who are your guys break out players this year?

I got one so far this year, he has made a big jump in his game.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson He has turned into a very good LT. People were starting to call him D'Bust, but he is showing people that he can be that franchise LT everyone thought. He has allowed 1 sack this year which is due to Favre having bad pocket presence on this one play. So really he has been a lights out pass blocker all season. His run blocking has improved a lot also, he is actually beating his man consistently. The added weight and hard work this man has done in the offseason is showing.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Packers its Nick Collins. He's having an All-Pro type season, and before the year he was fighting for a starting spot.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Ferguson's struggles usually arise in the second half of the season. He has played well this year, but I would wait to evaluate him until January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalimba Edwards 5 sacks. I thought he would be a back up all season. Hopefully he keeps it up and if Burgess can stay healthy we might have a nice pass rush duo

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

A guy that has really revived his career is Darren Howard of the Eagles. He has been a major disappointment since signing a FA deal with Philly in 2006. But just 9 games into the season, he has 6 sacks despite being a rotational player. They line him up everywhere and is playing like a poor man's Justin Tuck.

He looks like he is in thebest shape of his career and he has made a huge difference for that pass rush.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-12-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Thigpen has made remarkable strides in his game this year alone.if you saw him vs ATl and see him play now you'd never think it's the same guy
Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Breaston, keeps making me look smarter and smarter for my homerish comments about him being better than Ted Ginn

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Steve Breaston, keeps making me look smarter and smarter for my homerish comments about him being better than Ted Ginn
I claimed he was a better value pick than Ginn at the draft. Was it partial Michigan homerism? Sure. But he has been so far.

Quintin Mikell has been awesome.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando Scandrick has been playing impressively, despite being a 5th round rookie CB. Has all the talent needed, but was held back by technique and awareness, but he has played very well for us in the absence of Newman, Henry and Jones.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos:
Ryan Harris, RT has played pretty solid and a lot better than I expected from him
Matt Prater, K has been awesome for the Broncos, although he has missed some very easy field goals, but he is 7/8 from 40+ yards, and a remarkable 5/5 from 50+ yards out. His kickoffs are also very good. He has been much, much better than I expected.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Hill, and Ray Mcdonald.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Jason Hill, and Ray Mcdonald.
Jason Hill....huh?

I expected a lot out of this kid coming into the season and he has 10 catches. How in any way does that fall under the break out category?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-12-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Jason Hill....huh?

I expected a lot out of this kid coming into the season and he has 10 catches. How in any way does that fall under the break out category?
took the words out of my mouth.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Just going to keep throwing out names as I they pop into my head.

David Stewart, the RT of the Titans has been playing better than any RT I have put the eyeball on this season. If he keeps this up, I may even venture to say he is Tennessee's top offensive lineman, and they are a talented group. He moves like a left tackle but mauls like a RT should. Can't be beat by the speed rush, can't be driven back by the bull rush. He gets to the second level with ease and has been playing with perfect technique. Really impressed by his well balanced attack.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-12-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

A favorite of mine after watching him fill in fro Bob Sanders last year was Melvin Bullitt, a special teams ace. He has gotten a lot of PT this season on defense and he is emerging into a player that some team will go after very soon.

He's been making tackles all over the field, has become very reliable in coverage and has shown the ability to make plays on the ball. Has 3 or 4 INTs I believe in limited action. He is going to be better than Bethea sooner rather than later, I'm convinced of that.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-12-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
took the words out of my mouth.
He has not played all season until the last two games in which he has 10rec for 122 yds and a TD. He is on the cusp of breaking out.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
He has not played all season until the last two games in which he has 10rec for 122 yds and a TD. He is on the cusp of breaking out.
He's been active every game though. I belive he has been the #4 or #5 receiver on the depth chart for one of the worst passing attacks in the NFL. Having 2 good games cannot be mentioned in the breakout thread or else I'm sure we could come up with a list of 200 players.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A favorite of mine after watching him fill in fro Bob Sanders last year was Melvin Bullitt, a special teams ace. He has gotten a lot of PT this season on defense and he is emerging into a player that some team will go after very soon.

He's been making tackles all over the field, has become very reliable in coverage and has shown the ability to make plays on the ball. Has 3 or 4 INTs I believe in limited action. He is going to be better than Bethea sooner rather than later, I'm convinced of that.
Bethea has regressed this season IMO, don't know if the Pro Bowl thing has got to him, but he is missing tackles, taking bad angles, just not the same guy as least year. Bullitt is OK, but I don't see him as a huge upgrade over Matt Giordano.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Payne....that guy is legit!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ferguson's struggles usually arise in the second half of the season. He has played well this year, but I would wait to evaluate him until January.
that's cause he always loses like 15 pounds over the course of the season. but i think this year is different. other years he did okay in the beginning then poor later on, but this season he is playing like a num 6 draft pick unlike other years
Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
that's cause he always loses like 15 pounds over the course of the season. but i think this year is different. other years he did okay in the beginning then poor later on, but this season he is playing like a num 6 draft pick unlike other years
I believe he was #4.

And yes, he has been playing admirably this season, but tomorrow night is a huge game for him. Seymour outplayed him earlier in the year, that can't happen again.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's been active every game though. I belive he has been the #4 or #5 receiver on the depth chart for one of the worst passing attacks in the NFL. Having 2 good games cannot be mentioned in the breakout thread or else I'm sure we could come up with a list of 200 players.
What you say is true, but remember young players very rarely played extensively under Nolan unless they were 1st round picks. It was a big gripe a lot of fans had with him.

Im still looking forward to watching him play this year. He looked like a solid vet on MNF. Made some nice sideline grabs and he was the guy the QB looked for at the end of the game. He's finally been given some reps and he's working with a QB that he is comfortable with.

He's not breakout yet, but if he keeps this pace up for the rest of the year, i'd definitely tab him as a breakout player for next year (Josh Morgan too).
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FLACCO! :D:D:D:D

And if it werent for Albert Haynesworth, Haloti Ngata would be regarded as the best DT in the league atm. Hes playing lights out. Also, some younger guys along our oline (Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs) have broken out huge and are really the reason behind our resurgent offence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ngata

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Kyle Orton? He's been playing great this year. Actually looks like a franchise QB.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote