Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, but in order to be dissapointing you have to have been expected to be good
they were expected to be better than this
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning have been pretty disappointing, Peyton hasn't been horrible, but I mean he sure hasn't been Peyton.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
they were expected to be better than this
Not really. Okay fine if 5-8 wins is worth anything.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Well, if you consider him not a disappointment, then i'd love to see what makes the cut. Regardless of who is around him, he's been disappointing.....simply put. The whole team has, but he is included in that. Is he not a factor? TJ has got catches. A player of his caliber, and with a mouth like him, he should be producing. He needs a top tier QB to justify his status? That should show the type of player you expect him to be. Throw some other WRs with average/below average QBs in his place, let them produce and get his hype. You can't say, 'what do you expect' because i expect a guy to produce when he is a supposed to be 'top tier' WR, especially one with a mouth like that. Be the playmaker, don't dissappear. At least he's not yapping a lot this season......
I don't think Chad needs a "top tier" QB to perform, I think he needs a strong armed QB to perform. I don't think Randy Moss has been a disappointment this season either just because Tom Brady went down. (Despite Welker performing pretty well still in the reception department).

Some receivers require certain types of QB's to get them to look good. Randy Moss doesn't look good with Cassel and Chad Johnson doesn't look as good with Fitzpatrick.

I'm guessing we have different definitions of disappointing in this regard though.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

John Abraham - he's way overrated
Roddy White - his drop on the 3rd down play to ice the game nearly cost the Falcons a win
Michael Turner - couldn't even get 100 yards against the Saints defense, yuck
Matt Ryan - why is this guy getting so much love, he's thrown 5 interceptions this year and isn't even to 60% completion
Curtis Lofton - he's only second amongst rookies in the NFL in tackles, and he's not been anything near as good as Keith Brooking has been at WLB.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I Fixed it for you. Its not only just against Green Bay.
Didn't want to say it in general because I've seen them just twice this year.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
John Abraham - he's way overrated
Roddy White - his drop on the 3rd down play to ice the game nearly cost the Falcons a win
Michael Turner - couldn't even get 100 yards against the Saints defense, yuck
Matt Ryan - why is this guy getting so much love, he's thrown 5 interceptions this year and isn't even to 60% completion
Curtis Lofton - he's only second amongst rookies in the NFL in tackles, and he's not been anything near as good as Keith Brooking has been at WLB.
I know you're being sarcastic and all but I just shook my head. Was I suppose to lol?

Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tood Heap? Well, in Cam's system, he's mostly blocking and he's doing a good job at blocking. But I expected him to catch a little more.
I would say Mark Clayton too. I've always had hope for him, but he's been pretty much the most inconsistent guy on the roster.
And without a doubt Matt Stover. He's been missing chip shots lately and it's extremely disappointing, maybe father time finally caught up to him.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torry Holt has been very disappointing this season. Dudes on pace for like 600 receiving yards this season. Marc Bulger is probably a bigger disappointment.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
And without a doubt Matt Stover. He's been missing chip shots lately and it's extremely disappointing, maybe father time finally caught up to him.
So 45 yard, 47 yard, 48 yard, and 50 yard field goals are chip shots?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Donald Driver?
Driver has been playing well the last few weeks so I'd say he hasn't been too dissapointing this year.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

This list could prolly Just be made of WRs

-braylon edwards (could have about 4 more tds if it weren't for his hands)
-TO (hasn't broken 90 yards this year)
-Marvin Harrison (Shell of his former self)
-Chad Johnson (Has just not been very good thsi season)
-Randy Moss (hasn't been horrible but has not played like last year, understandably so though)
-Marques Colston (Hurt)

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
This list could prolly Just be made of WRs

-braylon edwards (could have about 4 more tds if it weren't for his hands)
-TO (hasn't broken 90 yards this year)
-Marvin Harrison (Shell of his former self)
-Chad Johnson (Has just not been very good thsi season)
-Randy Moss (hasn't been horrible but has not played like last year, understandably so though)
-Marques Colston (Hurt)
Braylon, I agree with. TO is understandable but the same case can be made for both Chad and Moss that they lost their QB for extended periods of time. Harrison is getting older and I think he's packing it up after this year, 'on his own terms.' Colston has been hurt so I wouldn't exactly doom his with the disappointment tag this year. So, to me, only two of those guys are actually disappointing. Marvin, because of age, and Braylon, with the Carlos Rogers disease. Everyone else but those two; I would call unfortunate.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith for starters.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So 45 yard, 47 yard, 48 yard, and 50 yard field goals are chip shots?
Well yea, he used to be able to make it from 75 yards out...seriously hes known for accuracy not leg strength so I can't really call him disappointing...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Justin Miller..?

Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, he's a perennial guy like that.....not worth mentioning.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it wouldn't surprise me if someone picked him up and he had a good career. he has great potential
Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Huff was gonna have a pro bowl season at FS, nope. Like Charles Woodson said playing DB is a man's game in Oakland.

I wonder what his trade value his worth
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Braylon, I agree with. TO is understandable but the same case can be made for both Chad and Moss that they lost their QB for extended periods of time. Harrison is getting older and I think he's packing it up after this year, 'on his own terms.' Colston has been hurt so I wouldn't exactly doom his with the disappointment tag this year. So, to me, only two of those guys are actually disappointing. Marvin, because of age, and Braylon, with the Carlos Rogers disease. Everyone else but those two; I would call unfortunate.
TO isn't as uncoverable as he used to be, he isn't getting off the line like he used to. Even before the Romo injury he wasn't the same.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Michael Huff was gonna have a pro bowl season at FS, nope. Like Charles Woodson said playing DB is a man's game in Oakland.

I wonder what his trade value his worth
I would not mind getting him off of your hands and going to the Falcons. I was so crazy about him draft time.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
-Bryant Johnson (thankfully that was only a year long contract)
-Rod Green (looked great last year but not this year)
-Walt Harris (I wish they would just put in Tarell Brown opposite Clements)
-Joe Nedney (early this season he had a few misses)
I agree with all, but honestly if it is Bryant Johnson that pushes the young guys like Morgan, and Hill to play well, then it was a good signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I would not mind getting him off of your hands and going to the Falcons. I was so crazy about him draft time.
I know that he would love to come across the bay :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
it wouldn't surprise me if someone picked him up and he had a good career. he has great potential
Wasn't he already picked up by the Raiders?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Wasn't he already picked up by the Raiders?
Yeah he was, it will be interesting to see how he performs. Is there a good chance of him starting before long?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I agree with all, but honestly if it is Bryant Johnson that pushes the young guys like Morgan, and Hill to play well, then it was a good signing.

I know that he would love to come across the bay :)
If Huff daddy goes anywhere it's gonna be to Dallas. :D