Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Unfortunately for us Green Bay fans we are about to find out just how good Nick Barnett is. He is on the down side of his career,and he may never be as good as he was but If this list had been madea couple of years he most definately been on it. Finally some lonon fletcher love. I dont know why people ignore how good of a player he is. FLETCHERS A BEAST
I don't know about that. I think he was just having a bad year. He is only 27.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perhaps he was playing through injuries, who knows i know he hasnt played the way that made me like him in the first place ...btw what happened to abdul hodge?

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TitanHope you make a damn strong case for Keith Bulluck. I'd follow you if you ran for office.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Have people outside of Seattle (fans) been watching Leroy Hill? I'm really curious of what other people think of him.

My top MLB/ILB I'll do OLB's later.

1. Ray Lewis
2. Brian Urlacher
3. Patrick Willis
4. Lofa Tatupu - My favorite player in the NFL but I'm trying to be non homer on my list lol.
5. Demeco Ryans
6. Barrett Rudd
7. Jon Beason
8. London Fletcher
9. Jon Vilma
10. David Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Have people outside of Seattle (fans) been watching Leroy Hill? I'm really curious of what other people think of him.

My top MLB/ILB I'll do OLB's later.

1. Ray Lewis
2. Brian Urlacher
3. Patrick Willis
4. Lofa Tatupu - My favorite player in the NFL but I'm trying to be non homer on my list lol.
5. Demeco Ryans
6. Barrett Rudd
7. Jon Beason
8. London Fletcher
9. Jon Vilma
10. David Harris
I absolutely HATE the Seahawks but i am a huge USC fan and i love Lofa
Old 11-14-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't LeRoy Hill a free agent after this season?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Isn't LeRoy Hill a free agent after this season?
Yeah.... I really really hope Seattle resigns him. He's a great LB (IMO) and would make a great SLB when Peterson calls it quits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
I absolutely HATE the Seahawks but i am a huge USC fan and i love Lofa
Gotta love Lofa. Guys a very nice guy and a great team player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Last edited by OneToughGame : 11-14-2008 at 01:19 AM. Reason: added more.
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDM
TitanHope you make a damn strong case for Keith Bulluck. I'd follow you if you ran for office.
"TH - Hope you can believe in!!!"

I like the sound of that! :D

But in seriousness, Bulluck is an elite LB. He just doesn't get the Pro Bowl bids because the 3-4 LB's rush the passer and get the sexier sack stats.

3-4 OLB's and 4-3 OLB's should be given separate slots in Pro Bowl balloting. With Merriman and Adalius Thomas out, maybe a 4-3 LB will actually get some recognition. Who am I kidding? It'll probably be Joey Porter, a OLB from Pittsburgh, and someone like Mike Vrabel or something...stupid... *pouts*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
how? Many pro bowl 3-4 OLBs are one trick ponies who only rush the passer and are incapable of anything else. In fact, many are converted DE's who simply dont have the size to play DE and the athleticism to play standard 4-3 OLB. Now, Demarcus Ware is an exception, but your argument is flawed in assuming that 3-4 OLB's have more qualities then 4-3 OLB's. And your right, Merriman is much less dynamic then Ware, but hes just SO GOOD at rushing the passer that its impossible to ignore his impact or take away from what he brings to that defense.

I think surrounding talent should be taken into consideration. Merriman plays behind a much better D-line than Ware and an established OLB opposite of him. Not an aging and ****** Greg Ellis and a new comer in Spencer.

Obviously there is no way to be certain, but I just think Ware could have put up similar sack numbers (which he has anyway in dallas) and provided more in other areas.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Gotta love Lofa. Guys a very nice guy and a great team player.
No you don't I'll show you how.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I think surrounding talent should be taken into consideration. Merriman plays behind a much better D-line than Ware and an established OLB opposite of him. Not an aging and ****** Greg Ellis and a new comer in Spencer.

Obviously there is no way to be certain, but I just think Ware could have put up similar sack numbers (which he has anyway in dallas) and provided more in other areas.
I love Ware and perfer him to Merriman but Merriman is much more dynamic pass rusher and his dominance in that single area is the thing that made that whole SD defense run. Now ware's a better LB because he plays the run better and is better in coverage, but Merriman's just on another level as a pass rusher.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote