Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-13-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who are the best tackling cornerbacks in the upcoming draft?

Here are my top tackling cornerbacks, corners that consistently get the job done be it in run defense, blitzing or tackling in the open field. The best to me by far is Jenkins, he is just sound in ever aspect, he is big, strong and can really stand his ground. Munnerlyn despite his size is outstanding at tackling, really as improved and learned how to put players on the ground, and with his speed he can really make a difference. Powers is probably the best hitting corner, and Pinkard yes was a former safety but playing now at corner, if he stays at that position in the NFL he will be a great help in run defense. Barnes is a sleeper I think, too bad he did get injured this year though.

Malcolm Jenkins Ohio St.
Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina JR
Jerraud Powers Auburn JR
Josh Pinkard USC
Traye Simmons Minnesota JR
Kevin Barnes Maryland
Ryan Palmer Texas
Kevin Thomas USC JR
Stephan Virgil Virginia Tech JR

These are good tackling corners, but they do fan on a lot of tackles at times. All are fast, can come up quick and make a big hit but are not consistent in tackling throughout the game. They are either technically not sound or mentally not at the place where they can be a consistently good tackler. Still above the rest, but not elite I feel. Mr. Davis is the king of this group, with his speed and strength he could be the best tackling corner, but he is not because he does not put the effort into it.

Vontae Davis Illinois
Joe Burnett UCF
Tony Carter Florida St.
DJ Moore Vanderbilt JR
Cary Harris USC
Bruce McCain Utah

Note: Dominic Jones was a flat out great tackling DB, however he is out of football or in jail right now. That kid could tackle though, be it at SS or CB, he really backed a punch.

I am sure I missed some players however...

Last edited by Ozzy : 11-13-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Barnes makes people PUKE!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Victor Harris is a pretty good tackling corner. I haven't watch him that much this year, but last year Flowers and Harris were both great tacklers.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glover Quin is a beast too btw
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually think Victor Harris is a pretty good tackling corner. I haven't watch him that much this year, but last year Flowers and Harris were both great tacklers.
I would not consider him on Flowers level, Flowers was flat outstanding at tackling and how he dropped in the draft I have no idea, clearly was his "40" time. Harris can tackle and I was going to put him on there but really he is a gamble corner that makes plays on the football in the passing game. I would consider him a fan tackler, at times can be great but is not consistent enough or sound enough, this year he has missed tackles at times he should have made and has not rapped up always and allowed for big gains.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: I am a dumbass

Last edited by Sniper : 11-13-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I would not consider him on Flowers level, Flowers was flat outstanding at tackling and how he dropped in the draft I have no idea, clearly was his "40" time. Harris can tackle and I was going to put him on there but really he is a gamble corner that makes plays on the football in the passing game. I would consider him a fan tackler, at times can be great but is not consistent enough or sound enough, this year he has missed tackles at times he should have made and has not rapped up always and allowed for big gains.

To me Harris has some of the best instincts for a corner from this crop. He makes plays on the ball. I think he has the athletism to play man, but would be great in zone because of how well he makes plays on the ball. Whoever gets him will be getting a bargin, his game will translate very well to the NFL.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradley Fletcher - Iowa

50 + tackles
12 PDF
8 BRKUP
1 SACK
3 TFL

6'2 210
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahi Word-Daniels Georgia Tech, Sherrod Martin Troy, Londen Fryar Western Michigan
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Kevin Barnes makes people PUKE!
Yeah haha.

I love the way he plays CB, very physical.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

trevard lindley from ky. also the best cover corner.the only guy i saw this year who was able to cover julio jones. hes going to break 4.4 probably pretty easily. vontae davis is a physical big guy lots of production in the tackling area
STARHEATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARHEATHER View Post
trevard lindley from ky. also the best cover corner.the only guy i saw this year who was able to cover julio jones. hes going to break 4.4 probably pretty easily. vontae davis is a physical big guy lots of production in the tackling area
Lindley is pimp! After Malcolm Jenkins he's the best CB in CF

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
did you watch that game? Lindley was having a hell of a time trying to cover Jones. Jones looked like a man amongst boys.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

opps, wrong thread. Please delete.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 11-13-2008 at 10:52 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

hes better than jenkins. faster, looser, better athlete. they put him on that island with julio jones and he rose up. also run supported well in the two games i saw.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
hes better than jenkins. faster, looser, better athlete. they put him on that island with julio jones and he rose up. also run supported well in the two games i saw.
Well Malcom will be a top 10 pick so we will see where he ends up
Old 11-14-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

hell end up in the bust category
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
hell end up in the bust category
will he? do you know that for a FACT? did you prove that?

i dont believe you!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Macho Harris has carries some pop when he hits.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Malcolm Jenkins is overall the best.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Malcolm Jenkins is overall the best.
most definately....

although i do still think its funny how him and Laurenitis always just jump on top of the pile for the fun of it.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
most definately....

although i do still think its funny how him and Laurenitis always just jump on top of the pile for the fun of it.
Because jumping on the pile is fun. Also most coaches preach 11 hats to the ball.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Because jumping on the pile is fun. Also most coaches preach 11 hats to the ball.
haha i never said it wasnt fun. did it many times in my day. just said it was funny

Last edited by Joker_232 : 11-14-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
haha i never said it wasnt fun. did it many times in my dad. just said it was funny
You did it in your dad? wow I don't even wanna know.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 11-14-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
You did it in your dad? wow I don't even wanna know.
wow you would go there! thanks for that!

i repeat THANK YOU!