Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Vince Young
will find success with the Titans again 33 37.08%
will find success with another team 8 8.99%
will never find success again 20 22.47%
his knee was down on that long run in the National Championship Game, dammit! 24 26.97%
Other 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoWacko View Post
put young in the cfl where he belongs. he is to inaccurate and injury prone to be an effective pro qb. if u put him at wr championship. he will know wat the qb is thinking so he will make a great reciever. championship
wooooooooooooow......this was ignored? lol
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Offtopic but what happened to Ramonce Taylor? I remember alot of people liked this guy as a prospect.
He had a tryout in Febuary with the Chiefs and they were thinking about signing him to play special teams, but he was arrested shortly after for violating his parole (2 positive drug tests among others) and sentenced to 5 months in jail.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I look at that knee/pitch thing in the rose bowl is this - if he fumbled that instead of pitching and USC took it back the other way, would it have been ruled down before the fumble? I don't know if it would have been. From that picture there, it looks to me like he may have technically lost possession. But then perhaps that's just an exceptionally blurry picture.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:25 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
IncredibleDraftDude is back, sound the Alarm!!!!!!
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:27 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow I can see him getting back into the starting lineup. He was thrown to the wolves too early, but the emergence of collins, or rather, re-emergence gives the coaches the opportunity to see what he struggles with in the NFL and adjust that.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Rightfully so ignored.....
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
The way I look at that knee/pitch thing in the rose bowl is this - if he fumbled that instead of pitching and USC took it back the other way, would it have been ruled down before the fumble? I don't know if it would have been. From that picture there, it looks to me like he may have technically lost possession. But then perhaps that's just an exceptionally blurry picture.
What?

It wasn't blurry in real life; it was a blown call--kae serra serra, whatever will be, will be.

oh and the IDD'ing...yeah, just keep walking...ignore the crazy ranter...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans have had success with QB's turned WR's like Drew Bennett and Justin Gage...

Not sayin', just sayin'...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
First let's get this out of the way:

Vince Young is an emo kid, let's all point and laugh at crying Vince Young.

Okay, now that that's done; what does the future hold for the 2006 OROY? The Titans have been the definition of a steady ship since he lost the wheel. As far back as 2006 there have been voices in the crowd proclaiming the defense the real reason behind the Titans' resurgence and that's borne out as the truth.

Does that mean Vince is worthless to the Titans? Is he done with them? Kerry Collins is a million years old and barring a Jim Plunkett scenario they are going to need a QB eventually and I think it's fair to ask at this point if VY is their long term solution.

His ceiling is still extremely high, but now you have to throw head issues into the pot with "funky release", "inconsistent ball placement" and "questionable decision making." Is this the QB of a team that is going to be defense oriented, run first, for the forseeable future? Even allotting that he matures with time, I'm not sure we'll ever see consistency from him at the level a vet like Kerry provides.

I'm not trying to hate on VY, but personally I think the writing is on the wall for him in TN and props to them because they're 9-0 with a 3rd overall pick parked on their bench and a 6th overall pick in Goodell's purgatory.

So where does he go? Who would want him? There are plenty of teams without long term solutions at QB, so let's look at what might fit him.

KC: Herm Edwards is a players' coach and they're a young developing team, so I could maybe see it happening. However, Thigpen is playing lights out and they're likely to draft a QB high anyway.

Houston: The hometown team has been up and down, but mostly down, with Schaub. Who knows, but maybe.

Jets: Yeah right. But I'm going through the divisions in my head and once Favre retires, Clemmens doesn't exactly have a lock on the job. But if the media scrutiny was too intense in freaking Tennessee...

San Fran: Bizarre fit but the Shaun Hill era doesn't exactly have a great ring to it. Martz's presence obviously kills his shot here but the likelihood of Martz staying in any job more than a couple seasons is pretty low. They've had some success with mobile QBs though, I've heard. :) Then again, they tend to be accurate ones, which VY is not.

Buccaneers: Gruden+Young=no.

Carolina: I'm gonna give Delhomme the benefit of the doubt here and say he's not close to being done by a long shot.

Minnesota: Not likely after the Tarvaris Jackson experiment.

Detroit: I'm not sure but if Calvin gets a vote the answer is probably no. He played with Reggie Ball for too long.

Chicago: Is neckbeard the answer?

So if you've managed to get all the way down here, here's my question to you: is there a starting spot for Vince Young somewhere in the league? How much more developing will he be doing--how drastically have our expectations of him changed? Will he ever redeem himself?
Funny how a chargers fan is bashing someone on another team for crying and being emo...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Funny how a chargers fan is bashing someone on another team for crying and being emo...........
he didn't bash your team, he bashed Vince Young. And rightfully so.

as for how vince young will end up:

[/thread]

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
he didn't bash your team, he bashed Vince Young. And rightfully so.
Why was it rightful to bash VY?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
1. because it's fun to see titan fans freak out
2. just because
3. bashing players on other teams is about 80% of this board anyways
4. see 2
5. because I thought it was funny, thus it was justified IMO.
6. this thread FINALLY gives me a proper home for the crying black guy picture that I've wanted to use on -black, but he left before I got the chance.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hey now! Ewing's gone now, so no need to incite the Titans fans! :P

And your pic is a X for me...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Is it really that bad if its true? Vince Young is an immature overgrown superman right now.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
1. because it's fun to see titan fans freak out
2. just because
3. bashing players on other teams is about 80% of this board anyways
4. see 2
5. because I thought it was funny, thus it was justified IMO.
6. this thread FINALLY gives me a proper home for the crying black guy picture that I've wanted to use on -black, but he left before I got the chance.
Well you thought bashing VY was funny, I found a chargers fan bashing him for the reason he was crying was funny considering Lt cries and pouts about everything.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
Is it really that bad if its true? Vince Young is an immature overgrown superman right now.
You say that as if it's against the norm for a young person to have moments of immaturity.

Fact of the matter is that since the media overblew the events after VY's injury, Vince has done nothing to contradict that he's willing to be humbled in favor of the team's success. Yet, people still focus on one moment of understandable weakness and frustration, and call him immature and a baby for it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Well you thought bashing VY was funny, I found a chargers fan bashing him for the reason he was crying was funny considering Lt cries and pouts about everything.
CAT FIGHT!!
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
more importantly. chargercohen of all people.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
CAT FIGHT!!
If cats ever fought like that id be down for one.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think this thread is bashing: I put up the emo kid pic to "get it out of the way" because I specifically didn't want this thread to devolve into Vince bashing.

Which it has.

So great job on my part. I swear I just wanted to start up a legit discussion about the future of VY. I got called out for being too homerish so I'm trying to put it to bed by talking about something else I find interesting.

And stay away from LT, it's off topic and there's absolutely no comparison between a locked in hall of famer and Vince Young.

AQ: hey I'm just happy you remember my old sn.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Wasn't there instant replay during that game?? Still, that was probably one of the best moments in my life when we won that game :D
worst moment in mine...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't even think this thread is bashing: I put up the emo kid pic to "get it out of the way" because I specifically didn't want this thread to devolve into Vince bashing.

Which it has.

So great job on my part. I swear I just wanted to start up a legit discussion about the future of VY. I got called out for being too homerish so I'm trying to put it to bed by talking about something else I find interesting.

And stay away from LT, it's off topic and there's absolutely no comparison between a locked in hall of famer and Vince Young.

AQ: hey I'm just happy you remember my old sn.
lol I think most people who've been here for longer than a few months remember the original you :D

Also, since we're being serious, I do think the titans will try their best to straighten Young out, I'm just not entirely sure it'll work.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 11-14-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

he would definately bring a different type of style to the arena league...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher is a smart guy and he has plans for younf boyond this season, right now he is watching collins and learning how to manage the game. If they could get a qb coach to work on vinces biggest weakness,(imo) his mechanics , then he has a very bright future ahead of him.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Fisher is a smart guy and he has plans for younf boyond this season, right now he is watching collins and learning how to manage the game. If they could get a qb coach to work on vinces biggest weakness,(imo) his mechanics , then he has a very bright future ahead of him.
What was wrong with Norm Chow? that man is a QB Guru