Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for a shot at LT Michael Oher so Staley can be moved back to RT. Rachal, Baas and Snyder can compete for the starting guard spots with Heitmann at center. Another possibility is moving Baas back to center and see if he can start over Heitmann. Either way, im leaning towards Oher with our first rounder.

Look at MIA, they drafted Long and they're 5-4 which was unexpected, CLE drafted Thomas last season and went 10-6 and the year before that, NYJ drafted Ferguson and went to the playoffs. Not to say that the drafted LT is the sole reason but I do think it helps your QB play better when he knows he's not going to get crushed from his blindside every few plays. And if the QB plays better, so does the rest of the offense.

Defensive, I want CB Malcom Jenkins. We STILL need a pass rusher and im hoping that Suggs becomes a FA and we can sign him. I'll be so happy. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I want Andre Smith, I think he has the edge on Oher as the best Left tackle in the nation.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staley stays on the left. Need a Mauler at RT in the first. Also Chilo needs to be starting over Wragge I decided.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I like Staley but I don't think he's a franchise left tackle. Guys like Oher and Andre Smith are much more highly touted now then Staley was coming out of Central Michigan.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any good QB's we can draft this year? We all know we need a young franchise QB, but who do you guys like?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we are top five and some underclassmen come out (Bradford, Sanchez, Stafford) I would not take a QB on the first day. Staley was not highly touted because he came from Central Michigan. Every game he gets closer to being the guy we think he can be. Played very well last night.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

after last night performance...it's clear we need a qb.
I'm not holding my breath but I'm sure Tebow, Bradford, Stafford and Sanchez are not coming out. if 2 of those calls were not made Hill would have thrown 5 picks all night. jto is not the answer and i'm not waiting for smith, this is the nfl not the nba where guys go # 1 based on potentiality being good like Kwame Brown.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about drafting Tebow and letting him sit for a year or two? Now, I know that he comes from an Urban Meyer offense like Alex, BUT he is an amazing player.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
What about drafting Tebow and letting him sit for a year or two? Now, I know that he comes from an Urban Meyer offense like Alex, BUT he is an amazing player.
Alex was just as good in that system. I saw a ton of games when he was at Utah but they just spread the TDs around.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I want to slap you. Lol Tebow is garbage at QB. I really like what I am seeing from the young WR's. Thye keep these up then we can forget about the position for a while.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 11-11-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Alex was just as good in that system. I saw a ton of games when he was at Utah but they just spread the TDs around.
You're right. Smith was just as good as Tebow in Urban Meyer's offense but at Utah they actually ran the ball with running backs at the goalline instead of letting Alex punch it in.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners need to draft a QB that comes from a PRO-STYLE OFFENSE! Look at Matt Ryan and his easy transition into the NFL. He came from a collegiate offense where he read coverages and made decisions....it's allowed a much smoother transition into the NFL. That is one of the many reasons why Alex has struggled, as his system was not "pro-friendly."

Tebow is overrated and will be a decent backup in the NFL. Let some other team overdraft him.

Staley will continue to progress at LT, but he was pretty dominant at RT last year as a rookie. If we draft a natural LT, then I say Staley moves, but if not, then Staley (with 2 years in the pros under his belt) should stay at LT to protect the blindside (assuming we have a Right Handed QB next year) and let the rookie play RT.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The Niners need to draft a QB that comes from a PRO-STYLE OFFENSE!
Tom Brandstater, Sam Bradford, John Parker Wilson and Rudy Carpenter, are the only guys I can think of but I dont know about Rudy or Tom for sure.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Unless we are top five and some underclassmen come out (Bradford, Sanchez, Stafford) I would not take a QB on the first day. Staley was not highly touted because he came from Central Michigan. Every game he gets closer to being the guy we think he can be. Played very well last night.
I agree. Although I'm leary about drafting a QB just to get murdered. Which is what will happen if we don't draft some line help.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I agree. Although I'm leary about drafting a QB just to get murdered. Which is what will happen if we don't draft some line help.
True that. If they draft a QB early and don't improve the pass protection, then the Niners will just have to have a young, high priced QB hand the ball off all but 15-20 times a game. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad....so long as Gore could stay healthy through even more pounding.

Nah, I'd rather we get line help first so we don't have another QB like Alex come in and get David Carr syndrome from getting smacked all game, every game.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Tom Brandstater, Sam Bradford, John Parker Wilson and Rudy Carpenter, are the only guys I can think of but I dont know about Rudy or Tom for sure.
Marc Sanchez????
Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
Marc Sanchez????
If he comes out I would be all for getting him.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
If he comes out I would be all for getting him.
Who wouldnt? he would be lovely.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Seriously bring on the USC guys.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Seriously bring on the USC guys.
every team in the NFL should live by that :)

hey dude....wanna take that quote off your sig? :)
Old 11-14-2008, 06:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have no clue how much crap I take by being a USC fan (Pac 10 in general) living in Louisiana, where everyone else is a Tigers fan (or SEC in general).

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez is basically a glorified John David Booty. He isn't even as good a prospect as Matt Leinart was.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I'm not sold on Sanchez either.

Booty was drafted by Minnesota and they have QB issues, Why wasn't he discussed as an option to replace Jackson?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
You guys have no clue how much crap I take by being a USC fan (Pac 10 in general) living in Louisiana, where everyone else is a Tigers fan (or SEC in general).
Yeah, I always root for Pac 10 teams so long as they aren't playing us but they let me down at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Booty was drafted by Minnesota and they have QB issues, Why wasn't he discussed as an option to replace Jackson?
Because Childress wont admit he ****** up with Jackson and Gus was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts about bringing Matt Cassell in the offseason?

He's played solid ball but he has a great supporting cast, plus he still has a shaky deep ball. If we bring him in its for a WCO but still, id like to be a little more confident in his all-around ability.

I would still want to draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd rounds even if we got Cassell, i wouldnt hedge all my bets on him.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote